PDA

View Full Version : I was a stupid child.

Skorpius
Apr 27, 2006, 01:13 AM
I never took care of my toys when i was a young child. I was into Legos, and I never kept the sets together, and often lost important pieces. My cousin gave me some of his toys, that he held onto and took care of, and I lost/broke most of them. Well, I regret that, but there's nothing I can do now.

Another problem about my childhood was BOXES. I had BOXES of shit, a lot of random toys. My stuff would end up in random boxes kept in my closet/under my bed, and I would misplace a lot of things by not knowing what box they were in. As I grew up, I started taking boxes of toys out of my room and into our garage, keeping them in there so I can have space.

Then, we had to move. The boxes of toys got mixed up, some toys were given away, thrown out, lost, or just completely misplaced in the hoards of boxes. And we've moved twice more since then, as well, mixing up more boxes, giving away more things, and throwing out more crap.

Well, I remembered a line of little action figures called Mosters in my Pocket. Small rubbery figures with "values". I had only one package of 25, but they were really cool looking. I used to play with them all the time, but I could never keep them all together. In any case, as I looked a Wikipedia's arcticle on these toys, this one line stood out and inerested me:

"In total, there were seven series released, the second being the rarest.

i thought to myself "Man, that'd suck if the only package I bought was from Series 2. So, I clicked on one of the links at the bottom of that article and checked out the list of monsters in series 2.

SURE ENOUGH, THE ONLY PACKAGE I EVER GOT FROM THE LINE WAS FROM SERIES 2

Oh man, just KNOWING I had some "rare" stuff, and now it's all scattered across dozens of boxes, just makes me tingle in my gut, in a negative way. I really hate how I used to screw up my toys, and never kept them tidy. Ah well..

If anyone is interested:
Series 2 (http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/showp.pl?pic=/galerie/rubber_guys/mimp/s2&titel=Monster%20In%20My%20Pocket%20-%20Series%202)

I had ALL OF THOSE. lol

rena-ko
Apr 27, 2006, 01:48 AM
well, if that helps... you helped making that series even more rare. a few people on the world will be very happy about that *shrugs*

Daikarin
Apr 27, 2006, 07:31 AM
I was like that too, and I don't blame myself. Hell, I can't even keep my apartment all together. But it's never late to learn.

darthsaber9x9
Apr 27, 2006, 11:45 AM
OH MY GOD THEM THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOSTALGIA!!!!!

REJ-
Apr 27, 2006, 06:26 PM
Perhaps they're in one of your other boxes that you still have.