PDA

View Full Version : PSO BB on Xbox 360 hmmm

xjustsumloser
Apr 27, 2006, 01:35 AM
Decided to edit this so more people can read it. the link does work.

'the_importer' has once again gotten in contact with Ragol.co.uk, but this time with a rumour that may be a bit hard to swallow fully...

According to a source close to the man himself, Microsoft have teamed up with SEGA to bring Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade system in the near future (No doubt for the Xbox360). He also states the game will be free instead of using the Hunters License system that Phantasy Star Online has always utilised, and will be a free download for Xbox Live Gold Members. The game will also not link-up with the PC game (So you cannot play alongside one another on different systems).

Unreal for sure, and such a download would cost your Xbox360 Hard Drive around 1Gb's worth of space, as well as the fact that PSO would be going for free (No monthly cost), make this an all around highly doubtful future happening - But you never ever know! Aparently this is the reason that Phantasy Star Online, Episodes I & II wasn't a part of the Xbox360's backwards compatable line-up.

Source: http://ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9914

If this has multiplayer i really hope this would happen. I liked BB the few times i played it in the beta and on this server, but i dont not like having multiplayer. if this were to have multiplayer then i would pick up a 360 in a sec.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xjustsumloser on 2006-04-27 10:04 ]</font>

_Tek_
Apr 27, 2006, 01:44 AM
But most of us will be playing PSU by then.

Neith
Apr 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
Funny how everyone assumes that the community who plays PSO will move to PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Still, good news for owners of THAT console I guess.

zandra117
Apr 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
He also states the game will be free instead of using the Hunters License system that Phantasy Star Online has always utilised, and will be a free download for Xbox Live Gold Members.

That makes sense, instead of having to pay for xbox live gold and a hunters liscence, you only pay for xbox live gold.

This may also be the reason why PSOX-US is still in christmas.

Skorpius
Apr 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
Because Ragol.co.uk's rumors are more valid than PSO World's. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Corey
Apr 27, 2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds like BS, imo.

mitchm
Apr 29, 2006, 01:11 AM
if that were true, and i hope it is, i would download that in a second. ive always wanted to play BB but never wanted to pay every month for it. if it came to the arcade and is free like stated then im in! and 1 GB of space isnt that much really... some demos are 1GB, the PGR3 is 1.15GB or something like that. So 1 GB aint that bad. also idthey come out with the 100GB HDD then no problems lol.

xjustsumloser
Apr 29, 2006, 04:46 PM
cool idea, but of course i wouldnt hold my breath for it.

Link00seven
Apr 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
If it were true, that'd be great. I'd play PSOBB for the new content and since it'd be on a console that would make it even better (PSO + Keyboard/Mouse Controllers did NOT work for me.)

Still, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

Nomahend
Apr 29, 2006, 09:34 PM
If that were to happen i would just make a new account (Free month of Gold) and download and register... considering you only have to have one gold account for non-golds to access the features offline. so really you get everything free... unless of course your required to have a gold account to play (much like hunters licence but for a console instead of just one game).

Link00seven
Apr 30, 2006, 10:25 AM
I would imagine since PSOBB is an online only game, you would need Xbox Live Gold to play it. Otherwise, they could open it up to Silver players for a monthly fee, but XBL Gold would obviously be the better value.

Kou-Diacyper
Apr 30, 2006, 10:53 AM
It would most likely be a fee per month for Sega and then another fee for Xbox Live.

zandra117
Apr 30, 2006, 02:15 PM
On 2006-04-30 08:53, Kou-Diacyper wrote:
It would most likely be a fee per month for Sega and then another fee for Xbox Live.

No, they already said there is no HL fee.

Kou-Diacyper
Apr 30, 2006, 02:44 PM
Oops, sorry, missed that.

McLaughlin
May 4, 2006, 10:49 AM
No game on the XBL Arcade is over 50 MB. I doubt they could put a 600+ MB game up for DL like that. It'd take an eternity to download too.

I call it a bluff...But I suck a poker so...

Kou-Diacyper
May 4, 2006, 11:09 AM
Take into account the size of demos on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Shigecki
May 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-05-04 08:49, Zeta wrote:
No game on the XBL Arcade is over 50 MB. I doubt they could put a 600+ MB game up for DL like that. It'd take an eternity to download too.

There are demos that are 1 GB. The arcade just has small games in it. Check out the demo and trailer section, they have much larger sized games there.

mitchm
May 4, 2006, 07:13 PM
yea and they dont take that long to download... ive downloaded 1GB demos in around 20 minutes or less. i really wish BB would come to the arcade for free cause i would play it all the time.

Tamashii
May 5, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-05-04 08:49, Zeta wrote:

I call it a bluff...But I suck a poker so...

Most demos weigh in around 600 MB, and you can download that much in like a half-hour. So it wouldn't take "an eternity" to download a file that big.

Now, with that said, I hope that Blue Burst is brought to any console in the future, not specifically the Xbox 360. It is the definitive version of Phantasy Star Online, and for them to limit it to the PC would be a shame, IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tamashii on 2006-05-05 21:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tamashii on 2006-05-05 21:17 ]</font>

Lightfox
May 6, 2006, 02:57 PM
Maybe they will release an offline/online version of BB, that would be awesome for anyone that just can't go online.

Enfeari
May 6, 2006, 07:17 PM
I'll probably buy both PSU and BB.

mitchm
May 8, 2006, 12:58 AM
yea Tamashii is right. They should release the game on other consoles and not just the PC... I mean i would buy it if it was on 360 or gamecube or ps2 or whatever. i just dont like playing a lot of games on the PC. One reason being i cant afford the upgrades i would need for some games... *cough* F.E.A.R. *cough*