PDA

View Full Version : Should we form some sort of a clan?

Violation
Apr 28, 2006, 06:45 AM
Well, I have my own clan but they could merge into something larger (even though we are quite large) but should everyone here be in one clan when we all meet in game (when the real version comes out)

This is simply because nobody hear is a hacker (well most) and everyone here has good experience of pso so will grasp the concept of the game and know how to play well eventually. We can sory out healers, tanks etc.

We could eventually become the most popular clan in the whole game. So what do you say? just an idea...

Jozon
Apr 28, 2006, 06:46 AM
I think that could be an awesome idea

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 07:51 AM
I'd be interested in that to some extent.

Plus alot of us are from different time zones so there's probably going to be team members online all the time.

RoninJoku
Apr 28, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have too many bad experiences with "clans"... That's why I love PSO =D No need for such a thing! And I really don't think you will need to sort out "tanks" in the game... As far as I know there is still no aggro system... Healers are a little bit of a different story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Regardless, I will have my own "clan", so to speak, but it will be exclusively my RL friends, and we will be known as the biggest dorks ever >< All will tremble at the mighty Attack Squadron Nikku! (no, that's not a misspelling of meat, It's an inside joke)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-28 08:06 ]</font>

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 09:43 AM
Attack squadron meat. Hehe sounds like a laugh ^_^

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
There are already some established clans that will be present on PSU, mine being 1 of them. Either you can join an existing clan or create your own simply by associating with other ppl. So far there doesn't seem to be an official way to set up a guild. You can just put common info on a Partner Card & that will seem to do the trick.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 10:21 AM
id love to get in a clan, maybe ill make a friend, my only friend will probably be my PM. how sad. lol.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 10:28 AM
You may be on odd times if you're still gonna be in Japan when PSU's released linkzone, but I'll gladly be your friend ^_^

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 28, 2006, 10:30 AM
On 2006-04-28 07:38, RurouniJoku wrote:
I have too many bad experiences with "clans"... That's why I love PSO =D No need for such a thing! And I really don't think you will need to sort out "tanks" in the game... As far as I know there is still no aggro system... Healers are a little bit of a different story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Regardless, I will have my own "clan", so to speak, but it will be exclusively my RL friends, and we will be known as the biggest dorks ever >< All will tremble at the mighty Attack Squadron Nikku! (no, that's not a misspelling of meat, It's an inside joke)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2006-04-28 08:06 ]</font>

And then after a nice long mission... All will gather round, and witness the spectacle that is Dance Squadron Nikku!

Zarbolord
Apr 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
If anyone will like to play with a full mage, I'm your buddy. I'm going to be newman and rocking the earth with my soul's inferno. Let there be destruction! INFINITE RAFOIE!!!!! .... ??? Where are my mates?...
Yes I'm not that reliable for healing but an excellent force in attack.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 10:47 AM
Pazzah to all. Being in Japan wont really affect my game playing, every other week im on days or nights, so i alternate my schedule so i can play more. some weeks ill be on at the same time as yall but others i wont. oh and thanks mechatra. having friends rules.

mechatra
Apr 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
Zarbolord. We should deffinately meet up some time.
My main aim is a nice agressive Hu-beast. You'll be the exact opposite ^_^ that always works.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
got a clan name, 'the clan that names its self a clan to be named'. its simple yet complex in its simplicity.

Mitz
Apr 28, 2006, 11:36 AM
I made a Japanese friend today. Spent 2 and a half hour playing with him but I have no idea how to give him my partner card so I'll probably never see him again.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
i have a few japanese friends in real life, but i cant understand them half the time. its so annoying some times.

patient
Apr 28, 2006, 01:51 PM
That actually reminds me, I can't seem to find any information on Clans/Guilds/Linkshells etc.

I hope it's like the Linkshell system. Where you can just slap on a channel to communicate and party up with a certain group of friends/players. I loved that about FFXI. Wanna Dynamis with my BST, Boom! Linkshell "PETA Club"! Wanna flirt with my Nihon-Jin Lady friends Boom! Linkshell "LittleBuddies".

:sigh: One can only hope.

bstm300
Apr 28, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hey Zarbolord, I'll be in your all mage clan. I have always liked playing mages in PSO on dreamcast and Xbox so count me in. By the way, will you play pc or xbox360? Right now I'm debating whether to play it on the pc or 360. I was wondering if I could connect a usb keyboard to my 360 because I'm pretty sure I can. If we both happen to play the 360 version, my gamertag is bstm300.

PhotonCat
Apr 28, 2006, 03:25 PM
I always hated the ideas of "clans" or "guilds" and in this type of MMO it is not needed.

Since you can solo everything by yourself, and you don't need a large group to take down bosses and get items. You don't need to rely on other ppl to play.
It will be also hard since there will be no "clan" channel of some sort so you all can communicate without sending "/tells" or mail.

Other thing is, if someone(s) in your "clan" is an idiot/rude/jerk/etc it will make the rest of you look bad. Yeah you can kick those ppl out but it's best not to have to deal with it at all.

But if you want to do something like that it's up to you. Im not here to stop you.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 28, 2006, 05:17 PM
I would like to see clan option in psu, its a good idea.

What we should really do is have a giant clan with members of pso-world.that would be awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedX
Apr 28, 2006, 06:40 PM
That is an awsome idea.

Violation
Apr 28, 2006, 06:43 PM
Right, no use talking about it. I will form a chart for people who are interested. In all honesty, I am not desperate at all and don't really care, since I already have a clan. But if there are enough people it might be worth it...

Right, State if you are interested and I will write up a list of people.

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
Well, if Psu comes early to Europe, and i can play it fine, Add Sessilu, that's gonna be my name there, no promises though <.<;

Oh and should be interested if we made a topic with the first team EVA' on Psu!

RedX
Apr 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
I'm interested

Hrithmus
Apr 28, 2006, 06:48 PM
Sign me up

Violation
Apr 28, 2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry forgot to mention, state what race you will most probably be and class. Not confirmed, just a rough idea

Violation
Apr 28, 2006, 06:55 PM
List

Violation- Human/hunter (maybe Cast)
Hrithmus-

Sessilu- Human/Hunter/Force
Natsuke human/hunter/ranger

Vitius- Cast/Ranger
RedX- Cast/Ranger

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Violation on 2006-04-29 08:45 ]</font>

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:56 PM
Lol, Human, and a Hunter Force, probably.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 28, 2006, 07:25 PM
sign me up but in the game my name will be Natsuke and i will be human- hunter/ranger

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
I'm hiring for my clan. We'll take any race/class combo, but, we especially need Forces. If you're a good healer, caster, or love support buffs, we could use your help. PM me if you're interested.

vitius137
Apr 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
Vitius- Cast/Ranger
(unknown)- Newman/Force
(unknown)- Beast/Hunter
(unknown)- Human/mixed classes

RedX
Apr 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
Right, I will almost certainly be a Cast – Ranger. Though there is a very, very small chance I will be a Human – Ranger.

linkzone
Apr 28, 2006, 11:28 PM
i dont know what ill be at this point i just want to hunt and destroy things. prolly be a hunter. lol.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 29, 2006, 08:37 AM
so violation what should the name of the clan be?

how about the Dark Knights. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ziro_Natsuke on 2006-04-29 06:37 ]</font>

Violation
Apr 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
I'd rather it not be shadow knights http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That is the name of my current clan (my brother is clan leader) we have well over 80 people who are on constantly. Maybe, just maybe I might recruit into my bro's clan once I meet you all in game

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 29, 2006, 11:00 AM
ok then how about Dark Fury or............. Advent Children lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Violation
Apr 29, 2006, 11:07 AM
Advent children maybe, simply because I love the movie and have it, have the special box, all figures, and the original game hehe

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 29, 2006, 11:12 AM
lol another big final fantasy 7 fan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shrevn
May 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
You dont need a clan when you have 4-6 other friends on the game that will mostlikely play it all the time.
I have a couple of old PSO DC friends who we'll get together and own shit all the time so if we need to pick up 1 random noob or whatever thats cool... but we'll mostly set it up x2 hunter x2 ranger x2 caster and split the loot fairly and share stuff since our goal will mostlikely be to get the best shit we can get http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif