PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Farewell, but not goodbye, -piece delivered :D -

KuroNetsune
Apr 28, 2006, 11:58 PM
hmmm, I guess it's only fair to give a little background

I've had one friend all trough my life, we met at age 3, and we've been quite close since, friends have come and gone, but we've stuck trough, as we grew we always had a common point, videogames

while I kept my way as an engeneer in electronic and comunications, he started a carreer in software development with a dream of becoming a videogame developer, and, heh, PSO only made that dream stronger, we, along with a classmate of him (back then classmate, now a co-programmer in several bussiness projects they held up until now) used to play PSO in cube almost every saturnday, we used to play for the first two years without a gamecube, we just had our memory cards and a shared game disk, eventually I got a cube and we kept getting together every week, good times, good times...

21 years after first crossing paths, he finnaly achieved his dream, and got hired by a gaming development company, I'm very proud of him and very happy, but truth be told, it saddens me that he's moving away, to a city that's 2.5 days road away from where we live, he leaves on this tuesday the 2nd of May, and well, being short in funds and all, I decided to do the best I know, and did a little gift piece, I will sign it and have our other friend (the HUcast X3 ) sign it as well, perhaps have it framed and hand it over as a souvenir

http://arcadiamas.com/muttdittspoumn.jpg

any sugestions? I wanted to add some element of unity, either the summon circle for mags or something alike, but I just can't come up with something good, also afraid to mess it up with a complex background http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

any other comment? be as harsh on the critic regarding coloring, please, any little detail I can correct would be nice, also sugestions for theme are apreciated~

ah, right, I figure I might as well name them~

on the left, HUcast, DEIMOS, generally seen in black, wielding red sword, Diwari mag
lv120

on center, my programmer friend, FOmar Chavazard, normal outfit is pure black, generally seen with hildeblue/bear cane, Nidra mag
Lv138

on right, my HUnewearl Amina, flareon styled X3 normally seen on red suit, generally seen with either blade dance or heart of poumn, Sato mag
Lv 115

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KuroNetsune on 2006-04-30 17:10 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Apr 29, 2006, 01:15 AM
This image is a very nice thing to do.
I'm sure the FOmar moving away will be very pleased to recieve it. It also reminds us why PSO is so great, it can bring people together, and keep them that way. I'm sure he will have the time and money for PSU with his job as a programmer (unless its for EA, then yikes! But they're getting sued so....) so you will likely keep in communication. And if not over a game, the internet seems to do fine.

A JP HUnewearl once said to my RAmar
As long as friends can have fun together, it doesn't really matter where they are.

This quote might do you two some good.
And so as to be on-topic with the critique, the little fins on the HUc's head are always squared off on the ends.

Hunter_Rally
Apr 29, 2006, 09:01 PM
At first glance I said 'Flareon' n_n <333
This is going to be a Great Farewell Piece for your friend!
Just remember to call and email him daily... Yeah he may be busy but Keeping in touch between friends is all that matters...

I myself will may nag/call my friend every 5 hours when I hit college n_n;;; or seriously go out on my own...

DamonKatu
Apr 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
And I hope when the time comes that you will be ready for that giant step by that time RH. But make sure that you have someone or you will have some issues with depression-It hits 1/3 of college students 0.0'

KuroNetsune
Apr 29, 2006, 10:07 PM
<3 we will have time to play PSU, and I'm preety sure we will keep in constant touch online, but, yeah, though fun to play online, the times of playing all together while sharing food and drinks will be missed, not to mention the ocassional camping trips and what not

oh well *hugs all* thanks for your support guys and for the feedback :3

----

Edit:

yay, I delivered the piece today, framed and all, did only a few modifications but he loved it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KuroNetsune on 2006-04-30 17:09 ]</font>

Skuda
May 7, 2006, 06:55 AM
Kudos to your friend. by chance do you know what company he's working for?

proportions look pretty good and the coloring is excellent. Your hair is especially well done.

and yes, flareon. although you are good at drawing furries, your pictures still give me the willies. *shudders*

KuroNetsune
May 7, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-05-07 04:55, Skuda wrote:
Kudos to your friend. by chance do you know what company he's working for?

proportions look pretty good and the coloring is excellent. Your hair is especially well done.

and yes, flareon. although you are good at drawing furries, your pictures still give me the willies. *shudders*

he's working for gameloft, for what I gather, it's a company that does java games for cellphones, a preety decent step into his dream I'd say, from there the posibilities of growth are preety good

and, ee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I take it you dont like furries? is there any particular reason? or just personal distaste for them?

Skuda
May 7, 2006, 12:05 PM
dunno. I just try picturing them in reality, and it sends shivers down my spine. :S