PDA

View Full Version : Androids at the Mall! Shopping, swearing & pondering W/PIX!

AzureBlaze
Apr 29, 2006, 01:23 PM
As promised, I went shopping as an android.
No one has yet screencapped the shopping experience or really given a rundown on what happens to your guy in a store. ANYone interested in further customization of their guys should take note:

As far as I found there's 2 clothing places so far.
The one on the guardians colony has a 'clothes stripper' for androids which just looks like it describes and pulls off your plating. You can strip your guy down to it's underwear here. You start with (2-star) stuff by GRM co. (the mfr. of plating shells)
What you do is enter the store, walk up to either the male clerk or the female one and talk to it. Push enter on the right options that you can't read and it'll take you to a char-create looking black screen and show you your char. You then see icons for "Arms" "torso" and a foot, which means legs. These look like old PSO icons. If you pick them, it'll show you your guy WITHOUT that armor-piece on and you hold CTRL to rotate it. Either proceed or go back. If you go back, you walk out of a 'dressing room' door across the room with whatever you picked to do.

Real Shoppin'!
Got planetside on Parum and found a better store. This one lets you try on things even if you have no money! (a worry of some) There are 3 things for males and females. 1 each of arms torso and legs. This was expected, they HAD to put something in there to test it. The items all seemed to be like 4-5 stars and cost in the 5 digits.
Male:
The new arms are stripy with yellow/yourcolor/black and some half-circle things that cover your hand back. The legs are really chunky and odd...and the torso is most spectacular. (tho not necisarily in a good way) it produces a flesh-chest but gives you a peacock tail on your back!
Female:
The arms you might like, as they have a kind of cool little version of the MONDO guard seen on my create shots. The legs are a smooth knight-like solid plate which I seriously want the man ver of, as they are classy. The torso is well...skimpy. It's like a tube top split in front and shows 'side-cleavage'.

You select the items from a list, and so far there are no new heads or head-covers. There is space for A LOT of-- well it's not clothing for androids but...accessories. One would presume it's the same for humans as well.

So far, there's no evidence of 'accessories' like bullet-scars, glasses, tattoos, hairdos for humans, bandages, patches, makeup or jewelry, but again, doesn't mean there wont be, there's sertainly slots in the window for it.

I happen to not like any of the male options for my guy, but that doesn't mean you won't, and over all shopping was VERY encouraging.

Swearing:
You remember the swear filter, don't you? That impossible stupid thing that filtered words which were clearly NOT swears but may contain a hidden one? Well I had a go at it, and it's gotten more obnoxious AND better. (gee whiz, I hope no one heard me)
"Refrigerate your shoes in the basement!"
"Suspicious spicy food!"
"Cola spill"
ANY PSO vet will see the above as nono's from the previous vers, but they are all fine on PSU, glad to say. No more BS typing to say things or looking dirty when you're not.
HOWEVER:
I had occaision to say "Crack" (I was mad) and not only did it filter me, it put the offending word in a little box (it was made of ##$^& at the time) and made me look at it until it vanished and I couldn't type on top of it! So instead of just barfing out a @#^&* into your regular sentance it pulls it out and seems to make you wait. So just put "Krack" and you'll be fine, but don't accidentally type-o a swear or you'll set the sucker off.

I HATE MY GUY
Ok I hate my proto-char.
*My best friend saw it for the first time and said "Got Moob?" If you don't know a moob is a man-boob and that Renvolt-ish chest that's the most HUcast looking one you can get has a case of the moob. It's a mono-boob but it's...dammit.

*Also EVERY other damm android seemed to have the pointed-coat-tails HUcast legs because if you WERE a HUc those are the only acceptable legs.

*I also saw no less then FOUR CLONES of me. Right down to the head-cover! Its BS! All they were was a diff color. Due to the lame-duck body slider you can't make a massive guy and be different that way. There were more diff guys on PSO when we only had 5 heads because everyone didn't have the precice same build! The only really unique (but still a damm clone) was a tiny fat child lobby spamming.

* And remember on the clones thing this is the BETA, that means that the final ver will be 100x worse because there's that many more people to make your same exact guy unless you go berzerk and make tiny fat brain-dome kids or women with beer guts and wrinkle-foreheads.

* Someone commented earlier like "Who is really going to choose the 'wilder' options? They're just so bizzarre IDK if anyone wants it" The answer is no one-- so the few 'attractive' options are spammed worse then Goku/Sephiroth clones or EVERY FOmar who had Calus' hair or the glasses guy. It's like yeah there's zany 'fros and mowhawks for humans but 98% of people dont want it!

So in otherwords something needs tweaking around here esp when you get out into the 'general population'

SEE the shopping experience here http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/PSUShots/ShoppingShots.html

All pics are sized and described. I didn't miss anything with these so this is all there is as of right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2006-04-29 20:50 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Apr 29, 2006, 01:40 PM
About the wrinkle foreheads Azure. If you look closely at your photos, the wrinkley forehead is there without the fat.

Zephyr_
Apr 29, 2006, 01:45 PM
Concerning the few attractive looking characters: I think there are more attractive looking combinations than you make it to sound like, lol. For instance, I have yet to see anyone use my Beast-Girl's style of looks, yet I find it very attractive :3. I have also seen some nice looking characters that I did not see elsewhere. Indeed, there will be some generic looks, but there is also many different ways to make a character attractive that isn't looking anything like other characters.

Mewn
Apr 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
I didn't see any female Casts that looked like mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheStoicOne
Apr 29, 2006, 02:39 PM
Again. Azure this info is GREATLY appreciated! And you still managed to make it humorous.Can't wait to see the pics.

physic
Apr 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
looking at chr creation, for droids there will be clones, there just isnt that many options, for fleshies there wont eb that many clones, but overall everybody will look related. you have 3 types of tops you can wear and two types of pants, there are more skins for the types, but it is just a few types. you cant make builds that different, before you could make em long armed or short legged, but now there isnt that much you can do outside the weird range. And like has been said this is for all 3 races.
the shop is promising, though its a bit weird to have clothes that does nothing. hopefully here they will add a lot of really differnt looking types of clothes, because the stuff you prolly cant change (face heads height build) doesnt generate that much uniqueness.

RoninJoku
Apr 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
You call that a moob? I really never would have thought of that from looking at that chest piece... =.=;

Well, when you say that the final version will be 100x worse, you have to take into account the possibility of more clothing options being available from the beginning as well as from clothing shops... And besides, the variety of characters appearance types in the final version will be theoretically proportional to that of what you see in the BETA... Sure there will be a higher number of characters with similar appearances, but the percentage of characters with your specific appearance will remain roughly the same...

And thanks alot for the great information once again! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AzureBlaze
Apr 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yes I realize the wrinkle forehead does not require fat to produce.
I was combo'ing it up with fatness to try and speak of something I hadn't already seen done.
*Zephyr
There are definately more attractive combos for the non-androids, or even for the female casts. I think humans/newmen/beasts will be over-all satisfied even if ST doesnt expand the slider range and gives at least the expected level of fun clothes to buy. With their various faces and ranges of hairs you can surely get someone who's not quite like you. I am not surprised at all that you've had great luck with your beast girl.

My ranting is mostly cast-centric and about me hating my own guy after seeing several dupes of him when not even a quarter of the final population is here. Also that the guys are really forced to share their armor with the RAcasts/HUcasts when HUcaseal/RAcaseal didn't really vary as spectacularly as the males on PSO.

All Caseals had flesh-faces and various girl hairs on PSO, but really the RAcaseal Vs. HUcaseal diff was the feet and the skirt/no-skirt. Their torsos and arms were similar, and so was their leg-structure/plating.
Whereas HUcast Vs. RAcast was like EVERY part of them differed. Now since Male/Cast has to cover ALL old HUc and ALL old RAc it makes the options seem less because most people are going for "I want to look like RAcast did" so that rules out for them 1 pair of legs, 2 of the chests and one of the arms. It also KO's most of the heads currently avail. because they're HUcast styled. Same with "I want to look like HUcast did" only the reverse.

As for the 'common heads' on guys, cast male has a whole load of REALLY similar looking faces, where caseal does not. Male also does not have any full-cover faces except the big gun, forcing them to display a generic underface. Also having hair, caseal appears to vary more without becoming wacky in most cases. (her wacky head is the mondo hat, his is the brain dome or giant gun/engine/speaker)

*Physic
I agree about all the live ones looking somewhat related. However since that guy visted the store, you don't need to worry about clothes for them. They have proved they have the ability to give us really variable clothes for non-androids and that they're willing to dish 'em out.