PDA

View Full Version : Few newbie questions.

electricocean
Apr 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
I've only played Phantasy Star for the dreamcast when I was around 9. I remember nothing, so bare with me.

I couldn't find this on the site, but what exactly is the PvP content in Phantasy Star?

Someone at gamestop was talking to me about some sort of soccer mini game or something too, what's that all about?

Is there a large amount of items in the game, or will everyone evenutally have the same weapons at some point?

And, exactly how does the online version work? Do you get quests and then zone into an "instance" for your party, or is it open to everyone? Or do you go through the campaign a bunch of times? Will I be doing the same missions more than once?

Thanks a lot.

Nisshoku
Apr 30, 2006, 10:45 AM
I've only played Phantasy Star for the dreamcast when I was around 9. I remember nothing, so bare with me.
As far as I know, there's no PVP in PSU. Doesn't mean it could be added in at the last minute, but currently, there's no PVP from what I can see.

Soccer mini-game? Sounds like the dude at Gamestop wasn't doing his homework; he's thinking of Phantasy Star Online Ver.2.

As for amount of items, there's tons of 'em. Weapons, Photon Arts, synthing supplies...it's a whole lot more to toy with.

As for the on-line version, you're usually sent to areas, which'll have a C, B, or A rank alongside them, determining difficulty. It's then you go through an area to a mid-point, where you can choose to continue, or to go back to the point you started from. That's about as good as I can put it, really.

Hope anything I've said here helps.

electricocean
Apr 30, 2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that helps, thanks a lot.

One more question.

When you're swinging your weapons and such, are there any combo's you can do? Or is it the same attack over and over?

And can you do combo's with other players?

Nisshoku
Apr 30, 2006, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately, you can't do other combos with players. Sorry.

You can do standard combos with weapons, as well as your Photon Arts allowing you a certain hits in. However, the Photon Art seemes to be the only way you can up the combo for your weapon's special ability.