PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait anylonger, just gimme the game already!

BWS-1
Oct 11, 2002, 01:12 AM
Ok, just THIS makes me want to have it right here right now.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/downloads/trib_indorilguard640.jpg

And don't blame Bethesda Softworks for not releasing it on Xbox! Blame Microsoft!

"What issues prevent an Xbox release?

First off, the console market doesn't support expansions; it's not something anyone does, thus stores have no demand for them. In the PC arena, it's common practice. The other reasons are technical. Even though Xbox has a hard drive, it's not like a PC; you don't install things like you do on a personal computer. We did put some hooks into Morrowind for plugins, but Microsoft gets concerned about opening up the hard drive to certain files. It's a security problem. You could put one on that trashed the system. We tried to hatch some schemes where we could have another DVD, but you can’t swap discs without resetting the box. So, an Xbox expansion at this time is an impossibility. It's a shame, because we'd love to get our stuff to as many people as possible."

-Taken from an interview on AdrenalinVault-

Kent
Oct 11, 2002, 04:55 AM
I'm glad I bought the PC version.

Ness
Oct 11, 2002, 08:10 AM
I've always wanted to play Morrowind. How are the controls for the PC version?

Kent
Oct 11, 2002, 11:37 AM
WASD classic FPS controls.

I have mine set up to control like Tribes 2.

ABDUR101
Oct 11, 2002, 12:12 PM
Whenever I get around to buying a blistering 3D card, I'll prolly get back into PC games like Morrowind. I have alot of ideas for the add-on and customizability feature =O

It makes sense why the add-on packs aren't released for the X-box though, although kinda lame. I mean you have this nice big hard drive which was meant for add-ons, and they aren't letting a game company release an add-on for it because....of loopholes?

Someone's going to take advantage of it sooner or later, just gimme the damn add-ons so I can enjoy it like it was meant to be. If you can install add-ons, you can install updates which correct the add-ons, right? o_O

BlackRose
Oct 11, 2002, 02:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

emphasis on the A.

I want it baad

Ness
Oct 11, 2002, 02:22 PM
On 2002-10-11 09:37, Kent wrote:
WASD classic FPS controls.

I have mine set up to control like Tribes 2.

WASD?

If that's good then I might check it out after I'm done with PSO.

ABDUR101
Oct 11, 2002, 02:25 PM
On 2002-10-11 12:22, Ness wrote:
WASD?

WASD keys. W to move forward, A to strafe left, S to move backward and D to strafe right.

If that's good then I might check it out after I'm done with PSO.

It's worth it. I played Morrowind as a casual game, barely playing the main quest, finding rare and legendary stuff, visiting ruins and so on.

I've finished the main quest, so now I'll prolly go finish all the guild quests and find the last few rares I don't have. =o

Alisha
Oct 11, 2002, 04:59 PM
i actually didnt like this game as much as most people and the combat about as unispired as everquests

BWS-1
Oct 11, 2002, 05:05 PM
I have to agree wiuth you liish, the combat system isn't one of the most Challenging to master, because if I'd want my RPG to be about fighting, I'd find morrowind very lame. But Even on Lv74 (that means I can kill anything with my eyes shout and have enough HP to last 15 minutes of hard beating by 3 ordinators) I enjoy the game, doing the quests and walking around the world because well, that's what I want to do, and like to do. But that's my tastes so it can sure be different for many others.

Gryph
Oct 11, 2002, 08:54 PM
We tried to hatch some schemes where we could have another DVD, but you can?t swap discs without resetting the box.

Hahahahahaha! I'm usually against stupid flaming of MS, but that's just too funny. Maybe they should ask SEGA how they did it. XD