PDA

View Full Version : PSO GC date for Europe

saffaya
Oct 11, 2002, 02:41 PM
Gamefront.de reports Infogrames has announced PSO GC Eu for ..

3rd quarter 2003.

Ness
Oct 11, 2002, 02:50 PM
Damn, it must suck to be a gamer in Europe.
{Insert American patriotic comment here}

saffaya
Oct 12, 2002, 06:44 AM
speaking english, japanese, and importing everything helps.

Malkavian
Oct 12, 2002, 10:25 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sedyne
Oct 12, 2002, 10:29 AM
lol yeah. if i lived in europe i really would just import everything.

ginko990
Oct 12, 2002, 11:32 AM
Who the hell would wait a whole year?!?! Just import.

Wewt
Oct 12, 2002, 11:39 AM
Just import eh?

PAL GameCubes can not be modified like the US and Japanese 'cubes. This is the stumbling block for all European PSO players. They just can't play the game with their current 'cube. Especially since Datel's Freeloader is, for lack of words, taking the piss.

To be honest, I'm not one single bit surprised by that date...

Hopefully, there will be some way for a PAL GameCube to play Japanese or US games... know of a few friends that are PSO fans, but have no way of playing the new version. Spending money on another GameCube just isn't worth it for some.

Deathscythealpha
Oct 12, 2002, 12:07 PM
A WHOLE YEAR!!!!! Their taken the piss! WHy does it suck to live in the uk. Late games, barely any anime, it sucks. And i dont even think ill be albe to import at the mo.

I hate Sega and Nintendo of europe.

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2002, 09:54 AM
*takes deep breath*
if this is really true i will import. i'll sell my pal-cube and buy an modded us-cube instead. sure i'll pay more for it but in that case i dont really care anymore. this is so pissing me off.

IceBlink
Oct 14, 2002, 10:03 AM
Is there any book disk out for the EU gamecube similiar to the DC-X (for Dreamcast) which will allow us to play US version at least? >_<

rena-ko
Oct 14, 2002, 10:09 AM
no there isnt... yet (freeloader)

but i was on infogrames.de right now:
Erleben Sie das erste Online-Spiel fuer Nintendo Gamecube. Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II erscheint voraussichtlich im vierten Quartal 2002.

they sceduling it on 4th quartal 2002. i'd rather believe the official site than some fansite, but well, you never know...

edit: its not in their releaselist, but the game itself is thought to be released in october (according to that page)... hm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-10-14 08:45 ]</font>

Malkavian
Oct 14, 2002, 12:05 PM
Hopefully the GC is having really good games now.
I decided to forget about PSO I will play it when its released and get fun, now im very happy with my GC.
maybe I needed a PSO break after 18 months non stop

saffaya
Oct 14, 2002, 12:55 PM
Gamefront.de is not just a 'fansite'.
Official sites have the habit of sloppy updates.

would be happy for Gc owners if it were true of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2002-10-14 10:57 ]</font>

Phobos-X
Oct 14, 2002, 01:01 PM
damn, i thought the US got screwed when it came to release dates. but still i dont get it, there's an english language option so there is no need for localization, release them simultaneously. from what i heard, capcom is releasing RE0 in both US and JP and that has SPEECH...ugh...go figure.

glad i live in the US http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rich_T
Oct 14, 2002, 04:51 PM
Heres that page

http://www.de.infogrames.com/productpage.php?productID=205

Phantasy Star Online

System : Gamecube
Publisher : SEGA
Releasedatum : 00.10.2002
Altersfreigabe : noch nicht bekannt

Diese Seite einem Freund empfehlen

rena-ko
Oct 15, 2002, 05:27 AM
@rich_t
yes that was what i refered to, thanks for posting it.

@malkavian
that was my second thought, but its making me mad, really. i mean, the game is translated and only lacking that stupid 50Hz-mode, the servers are running and just have to be reconfigurated and nintendo is (hopefully) producing modems allready.

@saffaya
yes i think you're right, but i don't hope so ^_^;
so infogrames.de has 3 dates for that game, one is a strange "00.10.2002", another is a "im vierten Quartal 2002" and the third fact is that it does not show up in the release-list. additional to that there is that rumor of a releasedate around oct 2003, well...
well, infogrames.co.uk seems to not even know about that game but well (who releases it in the uk? ig as well?)

@phobos-x
biohazard/resident evil-games are usually with english dub everywhere - also in japan, so they just had to translate every written text and (erase the) subtitles...
problem with pso is that europe uses stupid pal-mode, not ntsc, therefore the game has to have a 50Hz-mode. well, that would take about 1 or 2 months, not a year to solve, imho.

Darrin
Oct 15, 2002, 10:03 AM
Dang. Good thing Im not in Europe

Rich_T
Oct 15, 2002, 12:55 PM
I e-mailed Infogames asking about the 'release date' and guess what Infogames said....

"Sorry we don't have an official release date for this game yet, but its not going to be 2002. later in 2003 is quite likely."

Ta Daa!!! impressive or what

Aceleonhart
Oct 15, 2002, 07:56 PM
when are they going to take pal territories seriously...? ...sigh then that really does mean we wont be getting it till dec next yr... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
it would be amusing if xbox pso got released before gc pso o_O

rena-ko
Oct 16, 2002, 12:02 AM
when pal theritories switch to ntsc = never

afaik its nintendo of europe's fault - they seem to simply dont like the whole idea of online-games on cube.
nintendos idea of onlinegaming :
"japan, of course - usa, why not, but bleed them dry - eu, when we have time for this"

saffaya
Oct 16, 2002, 04:28 AM
it would be amusing if xbox pso got released before gc pso o_O

Looks that way.
Xbox Live! for Europe is scheduled for mid march.

Spektrum
Oct 16, 2002, 09:14 AM
I live in eu and I dont really care if we get it like 3 or 6 months later then US as long as we dont need a credit card to play online.

Pogle
Oct 16, 2002, 10:17 AM
*is losing the will to live*

Malkavian
Oct 16, 2002, 10:39 AM
Is not only sega or Nintendo of europe, the 3 systems are getting many time before release online games in Europe. Dreamcast beat'em all in this aspect.

Fallen-Angel
Oct 16, 2002, 12:52 PM
as soon as the Freeloader comes out (whenevre it does). Im getting it then importing! >_< i cant wait till MARCH! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Rich_T
Oct 16, 2002, 01:43 PM
At the moment freeloader seems as distant as ever http://www.codejunkies.com/search.asp?r=1&c=GB ( type freeloader in the serach box ) but for those of us who are still yet to buy a gamecube, import jobbys can be under ?150.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2002-10-16 11:45 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 23, 2002, 03:40 AM
i think all three (nintendo, sony and microsoft) somehow fear the european market - they promise online gaming to japan and usa but they think it wont be a success in europe (who ever played another consolegame besides pso online for a longer period than a month?).
also it seems to be official that europeans dont like to pay monthly fees for console games (if its equally to the japanese hunterslicence, at least i would...) so the european (onlineconsole-)market is unattractive (additionally the pal/ntsc-issue and of course multiple languages...).

-_-;;...

Wewt
Oct 23, 2002, 07:36 AM
Nobody likes to pay for a monthly fee. Sometimes, you just have to and deal with it.

Rich_T
Oct 23, 2002, 02:50 PM
As far as i know there has never been a european online console game that required a subscription, PSOver1 and verr2 were both subscription free on the dreamcast.
When a subscription system was launched in the US for PSO ver2 there was an outcry.

Nothing is free in life.

rena-ko
Oct 24, 2002, 05:30 AM
i would pay an online fee that is compareable with the japanese ep1&2-HL-fee...
but they (infogrames, sega, nintendo, who ever else) think they are killing the game with a fee for the european market (and they dont realize that they are killing it with this late releasedate...)...
the dreamcast-version-pioneer 2 is so empty allready, its really sad ...

edit: and, i meant "like" like in "wont buy the game because it means additional monthly costs"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-10-24 03:35 ]</font>

Pogle
Oct 24, 2002, 06:52 AM
I suggest we (but this is my answer to everything) form an angry mob and go to Sonic Team HQ.

I'm sharpening my pitchfork already...

In the meantime http://www.ragolgazette.co.uk/tvclipping.jpg.

I know it's not helpful, but hopefully it'll take your mind off it for the best of umm... lets say 20 seconds?

Phobos-X
Oct 24, 2002, 06:52 AM
On 2002-10-15 22:02, rena-ko wrote:

"japan, of course - usa, why not, but bleed them dry - eu, when we have time for this"

i thought that was their logic when it comes to everything??