PDA

View Full Version : Glide Divine - Boost for Cmode?

Sitka
May 4, 2006, 12:02 PM
Past discussions on equipped weapons giving boosts to cmode forces have centered on attack techniques. Now that Glide Divine is available, I'm curious if anyone has experimented to see if it gives a boost to zalure/jellen for cmode play when equipped by force prior to entering cmode game.

The description of Glide Divine:

"Doubles the range of Zalure and Jellen and raises elemental resistances by 15. Has a "USE" option that fully restores your TP and reduces your HP to one. The USE option can only be used once every 10 minutes."

Has anyone checked this out? That double zalure range might be quite handy, particularly for Gryphon, Flow and Vol Opt.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 4, 2006, 01:30 PM
I could have tried this out last night but switched right back to Summit moon before the stage(s) started.

I guess I could try it out today then with FOnewbm Oral-B, he won't be missing much of the Summit Moon boost.

Usually 20 damage lower per simple tech than the FOney that happens to be on the team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sitka
May 4, 2006, 01:35 PM
We had this discussion the other night regarding the boost to attack techs. My thought was that there was a clear increase to attack tech damage (i.e. using foie on flowers in 2c3) when summit moon was equipped prior to cmode play.

One of the other players said that this was simply a visual effect that other players saw increased damage, but in fact there was no increased damage actually being done.

I kind of got lost there because I started over and with my level one fonewearl I have no way of trying this out. This would be for USA BB.

So, in addition to the question on the glide diving, i'm also wondering about attack techs, resta merge and things like mariana's bag.

So, if you get a chance to verify exactly what advantages are accrued, that would be great 'cuz I think it may be a while before I can level up the fonewearl to the point that I can test this out.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 4, 2006, 01:39 PM
I was using the Glide Divine I got with H(In normal mode, crazy) for the first time last night.

It nearly triples the range of J/Z. We ran around in Crater Interior for a bit so it was easy to see distancing of targets that were able to be hit with J/Z.

I don't have a female FOrce to try out Marina's bag on. I have a Marina's bag however.

Shar
May 4, 2006, 04:34 PM
I fail to see why double ranged zalure is handy for vol opt.

But ya, this would be a very cool boost. I could check it out sometime, if I'm not too busy. Otherwise I'm sure CL or Chiyo would check it out.

Shigecki
May 4, 2006, 05:04 PM
Sitka, it wasn't just a visual effect, I remember Bless using a resta merge and you could see a difference in range of resta, a huge difference.

Sitka
May 4, 2006, 05:05 PM
Hey Shar,

I was mostly thinking of Gryphon and Flow, but I was actually thinking of Epsilon (why Vol Opt? - not thinking) with the possibility of slapping zalure on it from a distance if you have megid on your screen while your teammates are inside showing foie on their screen.

Anyway, I'm thinking the range might be helpful to be in a better position for barta while still getting zalure to hit on 2c3 and being able to slap zalure while safely out of range of HP on 2c4 - just a thought anyway.

Sitka
May 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-05-04 15:04, Shigecki wrote:
Sitka, it wasn't just a visual effect, I remember Bless using a resta merge and you could see a difference in range of resta, a huge difference.

Well that's what I thought, but Chiyo was arguing that it was only visual and not actual. I couldn't test it, so I was trying to remember our runs. If it's the case that it truly has a marked effect, than I need to spend some time leveling up my level 1 fonewearl so I can equip the boosting stuff for TA runs.

Shar
May 4, 2006, 05:20 PM
Zaluring Gal Gryphon shouldn't be a problem anyway.

About the visual part, I believe only increased tech damage is visual and not actual. Because increased JZ range is only visual when it is actual.
So, if I'm not mistaken, only increased SD JZ Resta range is helpfull.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 4, 2006, 08:14 PM
I've had on it for todays Ep 1 runs and it made no difference.

Only ran e2c1 today so far in which there was no Zalure/Jellen drops.

SLON
May 5, 2006, 06:39 AM
I understood that the person who had equipped Summit Moon didn't see any damage increase; it was their team mates who saw the damage increase, hence the belief that it was only a visual effect.

Saiffy
May 5, 2006, 09:17 AM
On 2006-05-05 04:39, SLON wrote:
I understood that the person who had equipped Summit Moon didn't see any damage increase; it was their team mates who saw the damage increase, hence the belief that it was only a visual effect.

Which suggests that the person who's using the summit moon can't be player 1, since it's player 1's damage that is sent to the server.

Sitka
May 5, 2006, 11:59 AM
On 2006-05-05 07:17, Saiffy wrote:

On 2006-05-05 04:39, SLON wrote:

Which suggests that the person who's using the summit moon can't be player 1, since it's player 1's damage that is sent to the server.

Interesting.......I'd like to test this out tonight if anyone's game. My force can't equip yet, so I need someone with a force and some weps to try out.

....on USA BB of course.

Charlie-CM
May 12, 2006, 09:05 AM
I'd previously tested the Summit Moon thing and found it to be visual only, but that was as player-1. I tried out as player-2 today (with player-1 still connected) and still had no actual increase in simple tech damage... so the Summit thing is definately no good regardless.

I'll try out Glide, PGP etc later, but from wearing Rupika I know that the other players see an improved Shifta-range graphic, but there was no difference to my actual range, so I'm doubtful. I would be very surprised if any of these had a real effect.

Bot-Bot
May 16, 2006, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about this whole idea, but what about an equiped God/Technique? Do you think that would have an effect? How about 4?

All techs in c-mode +12 levels? I wouldn't complain.

EDIT: Doesn't work, just tried it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bot-Bot on 2006-05-17 19:37 ]</font>