PDA

View Full Version : Mag colors on GC

Scejntjynahl
May 6, 2006, 09:25 PM
Ok, I have played PSO on GC since it came out. And almost every time I would find a mag in mines it was the dull grey color. That is the way it is supposed to be on GC, right?

Well today I did a TTF under a jp players Skyly ID. I was using my yellowboze HUnewearl. We got to Del Rol... and resumed our slaying of the beast. After its demise we went to destroy the boxes... and lo and behold there was a mag. So I took it, was happy about it, and then decided to equip it for the heck of it. To my surprise... it was not grey! It was a RED mag!!! Now is this common place only during the boss fight, or was it a fluke?

Sgt_Shligger
May 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
I am pretty sure it is just uncommon....... I have never found a colored mag on the ground......

Nomahend
May 6, 2006, 09:58 PM
It depends on your characters costume, there are two colors it can be if its a normal costume, and its randomized if you have a special costume.

Its like this, say you have a HUmar, with the default red-orange costume. Under the default mag colors you could get either a red mag, or an orange mag. If you went to the mines and it drops a mag, the momment you pick it up the mag sets itself up as a default mag, (sets itself to the color of that character's costume); so in picking up that mag there is a chance for either a red mag, or an orange mag.

Now if you changed your costume the mags you picked up before stay that same color, they dont change. Just every new mag you find changes to reflect that new costume's color scheme. See this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1017) for more color examples.

Dhylec
May 7, 2006, 12:12 AM
Hm.. Don't tell me ST fixed it online?

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2006, 01:04 AM
Nomahend, you mean on Game Cube? I know that on BB that is the case. But I never heard of that on Game Cube before.

EphekZ
May 7, 2006, 01:55 AM
ob BB its randomized on GC i always found gray mags. No idea =/

Zarbolord
May 7, 2006, 01:55 AM
Yep that's how it works. My FOmar proves it. His first mag was light green, all the others found (about fifteen) were of many different colours (blue, yellow, pink, dark green, orange...). It's because I chose a special costume (one on the costume screen without the colour bar). There are four to choose from and colours are in this way multiple. Anyway, I've seen a lot of sato screens before, and have wondered: are they always unicolour? I trained mine with my FOnewearl as she needs mind, a white mag since the start, never exchangeing... The sato is white all over the normal part, has pure white photon tail, and fluo pink ears with black rimming to it. Very original.

Zarbolord
May 7, 2006, 02:09 AM
What is it with these grey mags? I NEVER found one.

Feelmirath
May 7, 2006, 05:51 AM
It mainly depends on the costume colour of the person who made the game. If their costume is red, dropped mags will be red. If blue, they will be blue, etc.

Zarbolord
May 7, 2006, 07:58 AM
It depends on the two colours of your costume, yes, please do not repeat again. As to asnwer my own question (*sigh*) apparently grey mags (I've heard this, it might not be true) is due to a bug, a defualt that went wrong. I've never seen any as already stated, but it most likely seems that the red mag you got Scejntjynahl in multi is due to random colour pick up (I got a pink while playing multi, I was in white costume, my friend in green, so 'tis probably random).

Ketchup345
May 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
The color of the Mags found depends on version of the game's host. If the host is using PSO+ or PSO (PAL), the Mag will be random color. If the host is using an older version, all Mags found will be Grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-05-07 13:14 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
May 7, 2006, 12:07 PM
Ketchup, I can confirm what you said. The jp player was using PSO+. Thank you all for your responses. Now I will need to find me a copy of that game because I grow weary of the grey mags.

whiteninja
May 7, 2006, 01:59 PM
Or you could just make a dummy character for the mag color you want and steal it. ;o

Ketchup, are you sure that it is a random color in PSO+? I am pretty sure that it gives one of your costumes 2 shades. (or one of the 18 shades for costumes 8 and 9)

Skorpius
May 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-05-07 11:59, whiteninja wrote:
I am pretty sure that it gives one of your costumes 2 shades. (or one of the 18 shades for costumes 8 and 9)
Yeah, that sounds about right.