PDA

View Full Version : Your most reliable weapon.

Sgt_Shligger
May 7, 2006, 12:13 AM
Everyone has one. A weapon you use all the time and couldn't go on without. The only weapon that you have gained a 'trust' for (That might be an exageration for some). My most trusted weapon... the memories.

The Red Partisan. I would never have gotten through the ultimate Ruins without it. That weapon was the only thing hitting anything. I used it all the time. The only weapon that was always in my inventory.

Zarbolord
May 7, 2006, 01:59 AM
I don't have one. It depends if my FOmar wants to do melee, range or cast spells. Hildebear head/caduceus for casting, red saber/soul eater for melee, Ln'K14Combat/Varista for range (still need to find beter range weapons).

Delfi
May 7, 2006, 04:13 AM
With my first character Hunewearl she found a Twin brand pretty early on in her hunting career and that became her main weapon for so many levels even used it to hunt a lavis from purplenum tollaws.
However once i made a skyly and went into huntin the SJS, i soon found 2 MKBs 1 of which i kept as MKB and 1 i made into BKB then that became my trusted weapon of choice until of course i found and unsealed the SJS now my Hunewearl used that in her last few levles since then she has now become level 200 and retired. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For my latest character a Hucasseal her most trusted weapon is her chain sawd with 65%hit.Its so useful although sometimes it STILL misses lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2006-05-07 02:14 ]</font>

PJ
May 7, 2006, 08:17 AM
I'd say all the weapons my FOmar uses are reliable. SRank Saber, SRank J-Cutter, Bringer's Rifle and Berserk Vulcans, and he destroys things.

Aztec_Mystic
May 7, 2006, 09:31 AM
My most reliable weapons by far are the demolition commet wich I use with my hunters, the spread needle or froozer shooter for my rangers and for forces humm... Fire Scepter: Agni maybe

Dre_o
May 7, 2006, 10:31 AM
My trusted weapon? Heh, ask anyone who playes with me and they'll tell you my tried and true friend, the Asuka.

With proper equipment and percents, it's a lean mean...well you know the rest.

Deltra
May 7, 2006, 10:47 AM
For the longest time, I'd have to say my most trusted weapon on GC was the Yamato. Now, my trusted weapons are Red Sword/Chain Sawd, and the Demolition Comet. Yamato still helps a bit in BB though, until I get around to hunting my Chain Sawd and Demo Comet again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-05-07 08:47 ]</font>

MorningComet
May 7, 2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know where my HUcast would be without his Kusanagi and Yasakani Magatama combo. He can't hit anything in ult with any other weap besides that. For my FOnewm it would have to be Glide Divine and Striker of Chao. Everyone knows FOnewm support techs range is terrible.

ulyoth
May 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Charge Vulcans (with 50% hit) + Lots of Meseta

Hrith
May 7, 2006, 02:42 PM
S-Rank Needle with Berserk, more efficient does not exist.

Skorpius
May 7, 2006, 02:44 PM
My FOmarl uses a RAmarl with S-Rank Berserk Needle.

EphekZ
May 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
my needle and frozen shooter must have for every RA

EJ
May 7, 2006, 06:21 PM
My reliable weapon that I use all the time is my L&K combat on my fomar.

EuLoGy
May 7, 2006, 06:52 PM
my j sword, and any needle wep for my rangers.

xxTrystanxx
May 7, 2006, 09:23 PM
Before I restarted my chars, I would always be using Demolition Comet and Asuka on my HUcast.

-Crokar-
May 7, 2006, 09:39 PM
my main humar uses a tsumikiri j-sword. ive been using it since i got the atp to use it.

my ranger uses a s-rank needle with demon's ability and it works wonders in ultimate.

Clover
May 7, 2006, 09:57 PM
<3 Vivienne

Skorpius
May 7, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-05-07 19:57, Clover wrote:
<3 Vivienne

Agreed. Nothing like a FO useable Twin that's stronger than Double Cannon.

Scejntjynahl
May 8, 2006, 07:58 AM
Depends on the occasion. I mean sure a Charge Calibur is nice versus a horde of enemies but kind of pointless on certain bosses. I guess its a combo for me then if using a bot (Red Handgun, Calibur/Partisan, Slicer/Dagger). A fleshie hunter (Holy Ray, Calibur/Partisan, Slicer/dagger), hardly used a Force but I guess it would go like this (Angel Harp, Rainbow Baton, Hildeblues Cane). But if I had to pick just one weapon... Red Handgun for all of them.

meh forgot about rangers: (Shot type for crowd control and certain bosses, Rifle for sniping, Vulcan type for single threat enemies).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2006-05-08 06:07 ]</font>

DonRoyale
May 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
For any run of any difficulty for my GC FOmar, I could rely on a number of things:

Caster:

Hildebear's Cane
Hildeblue's Cane
The Sigh Of A God

Melee:

Agito (one of the fake ones, I think it was the 1991 model, not sure)
and a bunch of other stuff.

I prefer caster, because my power mag is garbage. Has garbage stats, and has Leilla/Golla for PB's. :

Besides, I'm deadly accurate with the cast weapons, since their specials use techs, which don't ever miss http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Plus, I can do a lot of damage with the techs. (about 2-300 each shot)

Genoa
May 8, 2006, 09:43 AM
I would have to say .... well for my RAcast, Gush Laser
HUcaseal, Drain Railgun w/hit, and FOnewearl, Mind Railgun w/hit
They might not be me weapons to kill everything with, but it sure is needed for survival >_>

best_sato134
May 8, 2006, 10:28 PM
me d-buster w/ shield thats the only thing I can hit w/ in ult

GrumblyStuff
May 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
HUs: Chain Sawd, Vulcans with high hit%, Red Handgun, Rainbow Baton

RAs: Frozen Shooter (soon to be Snow Queen x2, come on Kari! Hurry!)

FOs...
Teching: Summit Moon
Meleeing: Soul Eater, Twin Chakram, Red Saber, Rainbow Baton (same one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

Lightfox
May 8, 2006, 11:05 PM
Can you believe that my most reliable weapon of my FOmar is a simple Vulcan 0/25/0/35/25???

Xaos127
May 9, 2006, 04:50 AM
I don't think any of my Rangers have ever stepped foot off the Pioneer 2, WITHOUT a Frozen Shooter...

And I just love the sound the Surpressed gun makes <3

VectormanX
May 9, 2006, 06:53 AM
For my HUcast, charge raygun, calibur, ripper, diska and vulcans, all with 50 hit, s-rank j-cutter with zalure and excalibur

RAcast, spread needle, baranz launcher, frozen shooter, charge laser 50 hit

FOnewearl, 50 hit double saber, glide divine, principal's gift parasol. arrest raygun 50 hit, demons raygun 40 hit.

Dana
May 9, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-05-07 12:44, Skorpius wrote:
My FOmarl uses a RAmarl with S-Rank Berserk Needle.

>_>;;;

beserk needle is by far the most effective and reliable weapon i have yet to use. Heh, makes beserking so fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BladeHUcast
May 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
mine was the Lavis Blades before my file corupted now its the "legendary sword long sought after by warriors" Kaladbolg!!!

RadiantLegend
May 10, 2006, 09:03 AM
Ramar - Srank Needle (Demons) 100% ass kicking

Hucast - Charge vul/ Charge gungnir

HUcast357
May 10, 2006, 12:27 PM
Im weaker than most of the rest of u im only lvl 56 so my most realiable weapon is kinda weak they are my beloved musashi's they have brought me from normal ruins to VH caves
they are my favorite if anyone could tell me how i could get yamoto's or asuka's i would be very greatful

thx to every one @_@ PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neith
May 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
On 2006-05-10 10:27, HUcast357 wrote:
if anyone could tell me how i could get yamoto's or asuka's i would be very greatful

Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php)

Click that, and look for the weapons you need. For future reference, check the Item Database before asking on the forum- some questions like this are often repeat topics ;o

The Yamato is a very easy drop, and worth getting. Asuka is harder, but still worth looking for.

Eros17
May 10, 2006, 06:21 PM
I've grown to love my diska of Braveman that I have been using for a few months now (man I reeely need Rainbow Baton.... or a social life.)

EuLoGy
May 10, 2006, 06:38 PM
diska brave man (+hit %) > Rainbow Baton

Eros17
May 10, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-05-10 16:38, EuLoGy wrote:
diska brave man (+hit %) > Rainbow Baton

Why's that?

GrumblyStuff
May 11, 2006, 12:40 AM
Braveman has Berserk for special. While it may to more damage, I'd prefer the weapon that doesn't guarrantee a 1 hit KO for whatever I'm battling.

PJ
May 11, 2006, 06:54 AM
On 2006-05-09 14:50, Dana_ranger wrote:
beserk needle is by far the most effective and reliable weapon i have yet to use. Heh, makes beserking so fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thanks Kef
Oh wait, Kef was already here -_-

Hrith
May 11, 2006, 08:32 AM
lol, PJ got owned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2006-05-07 12:44, Skorpius wrote:
My FOmarl uses a RAmarl with S-Rank Berserk Needle.I like that line XP

RadiantLegend
May 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
For regular enemies ill take demon needle over berserk anyday.

Dana
May 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
because....?

'Regular' enemies, but 'regular' i assume you mean, the swarming monsters, Bartle, Vulmer, etc etc...to goran.

I find beserkk kills most of the things more effectivly, Demons is nice, and very effective for speed when twined with another character using beserk. I dont mind demoning when they beserkl nor visa versa, and the speed is amezing.

An effecitive combo of both really is awesom.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2006-05-12 09:03 ]</font>

Hrith
May 13, 2006, 06:55 AM
On 2006-05-12 07:38, Ragolismine wrote:
For regular enemies, I'll take demon needle over berserk anyday.

skill of a RAmarThat explains it...

Demon's Needle (or Shot) is propably the least team-friendly weapon in the game, whatever the area.

Dana
May 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
On 2006-05-13 04:55, Kef wrote:

Demon's Needle (or Shot) is propably the least team-friendly weapon in the game, whatever the area.

A few times i've demon'd, and i'd coujnt oout damage cancel, anyways, they have done enough damage to kill it, and it is still, oh and fine, then i hit and it died. This happends to me with 2players, 3players and 4 players.

It just happens a bit too much imo to be damage cancel. It just ends up with Dana demoning and killing. The best example i see this on is delbiters, Dorphon, and girts. But anyways, demons is very good at letting others nab the max exp.

Demons needle is just... O.<

Shot>Needle for demons (imho)

Hrith
May 13, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-05-13 08:45, Dana_ranger wrote:
Demon'ss is very good at letting others nab the max exp.Not when people with over 240 base ATA use special-special-hard >_>

Demon's on multi-target weapons kills things way too fast, anyway, and it's a lot more of a hogger weapon than Berserk, because at least using Berserk is taking a risk, which means you cannot spam it as much.

But I have no complaint about your gameplay, Dana, you're easily on the top 5 of people I played with, skill-wise.

concussionman
May 13, 2006, 10:07 PM
Most reliable weapon is probrably the Asuka that I had on my origonal Humar with 30% dark, until the corruptness happened on the memory card. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RadiantLegend
May 14, 2006, 02:49 AM
<_< sometimes people like the job done fast and quick. But you are right it does kill too fast.

Then again when you solo a lot, you tend to wipe out everything asap.

merrycherry9
May 14, 2006, 02:50 AM
my tsumikiri j-sword+50

Dana
May 14, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-05-13 14:04, Kef wrote:

Demon's on multi-target weapons kills things way too fast, anyway, and it's a lot more of a hogger weapon than Berserk, because at least using Berserk is taking a risk, which means you cannot spam it as much.

But I have no complaint about your gameplay, Dana, you're easily on the top 5 of people I played with, skill-wise.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;
Anyways
Like i said.

A few times i've demon'd, and i'd count out damage cancel, anyways, they have done enough damage to kill it, and it is still, oh and fine, then i hit and it died. This happends to me with 2players, 3players and 4 players.

Thats what i meant, quiet a few times, it can be very hogg like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I agree, it kills monsters very fast, and sometimes it is annoying. If i wanted to run through areas getting tons of exp at no cost, i dont want it to be 'the hardest' place in epiv.

Thats why i like PW4 so much, even if a monster dies 'fast' there is still a heavy risk, and you're putting your characters life, in their hands, and visa versa.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and i dont mean to hogg >_>;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2006-05-14 07:45 ]</font>

HUcast357
May 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
hey everyone ive been trying to get yamoto's and i can't seem to get the dragon to drop the stupid things ive gone through it on V Hard like 10 times and it says the drop rate is like 1/7 so tell me if im doing something wrong ok

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
Nothing, you're just unlucky... lol. Try with another character with other enemies. I got 4 in total, twice from VH dragon, other two were from normal monsters, check your IDs and look at which one is easiest... Anyway dragon is the easiest so you just need luck. It's all based on probability...

HUcast357
May 16, 2006, 12:05 PM
my luck is like 24 and i have a weapon that brings it up by 5 so ive got pretty good luck and how come everyone i talk to has got them already and they get them so easly i just doesnt add up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dante99
May 19, 2006, 02:01 PM
My most reliable weapon is the God Hand.

My first objective on ultimate mode was to get it and then I just had to have enough attack power to equip it but once I had it it puts up all stats exept health and has great power and good accuracy and a fast attack animation.

I got it as a quest item from soul of a Blacksmith on Ultimate mode and have used it even since as my main melee weapon.

Charmander02
May 19, 2006, 05:08 PM
Holy Ray.