PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: A Look at Plorf

Solstis
May 7, 2006, 01:24 AM
This Fic is a test. Of What I am not exactly sure, but if something seems odd, I probably did it on purpose. Even if I didn't I would claim that I did anyway.

It was then that Plorf realized that he had made a grave miscalculation.

That is to say that he was standing at the wrong grave.

On an unnecessarily long side note, Graves of Pioneer 2 were vastly different than those of Coral. Instead of a burial plot, each person, regardless of the cause of death, was cremated. Then, those ashes were compacted into a super-dense ash the size of a grain of sand. It did not matter that most residents of Pioneer 2 had never seen a grain of sand; the tiny units were used as a basis of comparison anyway.

Plorf frowned with the frown of a person that is upset by something. The grave marker, invisible to the non-android eye, read "Here lies Plorf. He died whilst reading this grave marker." Plorf's frown was not due to any sudden realization, but instead due to the fact that his armband computer was taking a long time to scan the grave marker. Unfortunately for Plorf, or as he rather liked irony, perhaps out of great fortune for Plorf, he was beaten over the head with a Deadly Object before the scan was complete.

The Deadly Object was created by a certain certifiably insane Newman while he was working on an exciting new project. The project was exciting because it involved the Newman inventing a device before the Newman existed.

The Deadly Object, basically, was designed to kill anyone or anything, whether or not it was living, if struck by the Deadly Object really hard on the back of its head. This presented problems if the object did not have a head, but a continuous striking of an object upon any surface that looked bludgeonable worked just as well. Anyway, the Deadly Object was a cloth sack filled with something heavy.

The device was astonishing only in that no one had thought of it before. The Newman, whose name is unimportant as he accidentally wiped all record of his name from existence at some point, was killed as he first swung the device in a test swing just a bit too hard. It is said that he hit himself so hard in the knee that he ceased to exist altogether. This story, say some experts, is completely fabricated. Others point out the nonexistence of the Newman as proof, and ask what was it that made these persons experts in the first place. The experts have since taken to arming themselves during debates.

Plorf found this all to be rather silly as... ah, well, the only important character in this travesty of a tale is dead. Crap on a firey stick.

This less than 500 word story has been brought to you by potentially unstable mind. That is, unless the mind is perfectly stable and gets off pretending that it isn't. What a prick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-05-06 23:25 ]</font>

Eihwaz
May 7, 2006, 01:30 AM
This was pretty amusing. Very Douglas Adams-ish. I want more! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Solstis
May 7, 2006, 01:42 AM
On 2006-05-06 23:30, Eihwaz wrote:
This was pretty amusing. Very Douglas Adams-ish. I want more! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You want more? But poor Plorf is dead. Don't you have any feelings? Where's your soul maaaaaan??

I'll whip up more as motivation comes. I have been on a month or so long dry spell though. Then again, The... whatever or something of Plorf took about 10-20 minutes to write, edit, and post. I may be underestimating. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Oh, and thanks for the compliments. Any association with Adams (though I hardly deserve it) makes me a happy Solstis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-05-06 23:43 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 7, 2006, 02:01 AM
*dies laughing* I demand you pay for the Moon Atomizer needed to revive me. XD

Eihwaz
May 7, 2006, 02:01 AM
You could always tell us exactly how this rather irony-laden situation came to be. XD