PDA

View Full Version : Bringer's Rifle?

FlamingVolvag
May 7, 2006, 01:06 PM
Bringer's Rifle is a Rifle type weapon right? Then how can a Force equip it? This dumb Force on one of the missions had it equipped.

Tact
May 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
There are a few Rifles that can be equipped by non-Ranger classes.

To name them: Holy Ray, Bringer's Rifle, and Angel Harp, I think.

FlamingVolvag
May 7, 2006, 01:11 PM
Oh OK.

GrumblyStuff
May 7, 2006, 01:52 PM
Does anyone check the item database these days?

REJ-
May 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
Not when they can post here, get the answer, and only have to deal with "Why didn't you check the database?"

Genoa
May 8, 2006, 09:55 AM
Holy Ray: 680 MST needed, can be used by All classes (as long as they can obtain 680 MST >_> ) which means... hah, One of the few guns that RAmar (master of ATA) cannot obtain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bringer's Rifle... again, must obtain the 140 ATA (rangers and forces only)

Angel Harp.... 120 ATA (female only Forces and Rangers only)

And that "dumb" force using it on "Soul of Steel" offline guild quest, is Dr. Montague who is the awesome FOnewm who coverts enemy parts into usable weapons cuz us "dumb" people dunno how to merge photon energy to enemy parts and make them usable for combat >_> (makes you wonder who the dumb ones really are -_- )
hehe, and he's the one using the Bringer's Rifle of course, and on Ultimate, him and Elenor are level. 199 =0 (in yur face) -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-05-08 07:57 ]</font>

Xaos127
May 9, 2006, 06:31 AM
And you forgot to mention it's pretty useless...for a Ranger anyways.

Hrith
May 9, 2006, 07:33 AM
Demon's is useless?

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 08:52 AM
I'm curious about the special. Is it one of those odd wonder shots that has a hard time of missing a la Frozen Shooter or is it just purdy but works like a regular shot?

Xaos127
May 9, 2006, 09:11 AM
The latter, hence the useless.

Okay, it's not *useless* but it's not worth the effort of getting it.
And if you really want the Demon special, get an S-rank.

Zarbolord
May 9, 2006, 09:41 AM
If you can get S rank, ofcourse. Not everone has that capability remember... Offline solo... =(

Saiffy
May 9, 2006, 10:11 AM
On 2006-05-09 07:11, Xaos127 wrote:
Okay, it's not *useless* but it's not worth the effort of getting it.
And if you really want the Demon special, get an S-rank.

Bringer's Rifle: 63 ATA
S-rank Rifle: 60 ATA

UM.....

And some people can't find teams for c-mode, namely everyone on BB. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Warbot3780
May 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
Ok I know this is completely off subject but why does no one ever talk about the SOUL EATER? I am at a high level and I still like it alot. And yes grumbly I checked the guides.

Neith
May 10, 2006, 12:46 PM
Warbot3780, make a new topic in future if you want to discuss something PSO-related that isn't on-topic. Posting like this can derail the topic.

Anyway, Bringer's Rifle- good ATA, good special attack. Only Rifle I'd find more useful for it's use (Demons) would be a standard Demon's Rifle, purely for the Hit%.

However, the ability to be used by FO's makes the Bringer's a very nice weapon.

Stan
May 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
???

because everything has already been said about it? make a souleater topic if you want, or just hijack this one =p

it's a great weapon for melee FO's (untill you get a banish) and new characters (early equipable etc.)

GrumblyStuff
May 10, 2006, 03:50 PM
What about it? I'm still using it, too, on my Fomar to melee through Forest over and over (come on Holy Ray with hit%). However, I'll be replacing it with my Soul Banish as soon as I can get the ATP while my Fomarl will have Madam's Umbrella to use (same special and ATA, more ATP but can't grind it, no HP loss, 2x Shifta/Deband range).

REJ-
May 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
Souleater is a good melee weapon for Forces, then you can also use a Bringer's rifle http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Rej_Ay/Wackapprove.png

GrumblyStuff
May 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
There's still the big problem of actually being able to hit enemies. Using a FOmar (max base ATA is 163), I can't always get a light, hard, hard combo with Twin Chakrams.to hit. Starting with hard hits with a 15 hit% Red Saber is iffy too.

Granted, FOmarls have higher ATA but I'm doing this in Forest; it works but to miss any more, I'd just go back to teching. I couldn't imagine trying to melee in Mines or Ruins (or Episode 2).