PDA

View Full Version : GC&V2 New Quest: Lost Havoc Vulcan

xjustsumloser
May 8, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yet another quest, this one is done by Jodin and Aleron Ives again. So its of the best quality. This quest takes place in ruins to finish up the blundering hopkins quests that sonic failed to finish for V2/GC. I beta tested it up to ruins 2 and it was amazing and very challenging. once i finish finals i want to play through all of it. Good luck to all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xjustsumloser on 2006-05-08 09:52 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
I knew I had something to do today, although I'm kinda afraid to solo it. Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll probably do an enemy count, if the quest team doesn't/hasn't/won't officially release it.

Bogart
May 8, 2006, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, I been waiting for something like this for sometime. On v2 it gives a high amount of EXP. Probaly more then TTF or maybe even Ives and Jodin's Christmas Catastrophe quest. The quest itself is filled with multiple traps, puzzles and enemys but... it is almost like some sort of artwork. Thinking is needed in this quest and you can't solo it because there are buttons... Unless you hack, and hacks causes lung cancer. >_>

The general EXP given in this quest is around 150k+ on v2 and is probaly higher on gc. I will probaly hop on gc later today to try it.

xjustsumloser
May 8, 2006, 02:51 PM
I dont think the enemy count is as high as the Christmas Catastrophe quest, but i only went to ruins 2 in the testing. The traps and layout is amazing. hehe watch this be better than the one for BB (^-^)

PJ
May 8, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's unfortunate that, along the same lines as the other Retirevel quests, ST's version (Thunder Pallasch) is probably doomed to not have a quest reward ;-;

(Not that I know if this one has any)

I wish we could have some new Ep2 quests, but apparently the quest maker thing has loading problems with Episode 2 -_-

metatime
May 9, 2006, 02:43 AM
I just tried it with Roy/Natalie, Delusion, and trixxi and the quest is very difficult. Roy(FOnewm) was level 200, Delusion(HUcaseal) level 194, Trixxi(FOnewearl) and Zenneth (me Hune) level 164. Each room is filled to the brim with enemies and the layout of enemies and traps are done well. I was highly impress by this quest since previous quest were easy and uninspired. (In my opinion).

The quest is difficult but with 2 highly skilled high level (170 or higher) with a FO can do this quest legitly. (You need at least 2 to do the quest for the one puzzle which is annoying) Other then the puzzle, Ill have to give the quest my approval.

xjustsumloser
May 9, 2006, 08:29 AM
I was highly impress by this quest since previous quest were easy and uninspired. (In my opinion).

yea the makers of this quest are the V2 team, but it was converted to work with GC. Most of the GC quest builders are not doing too much, but anything that is to be released by the V2 team is going to be nothingn short of amazing.

metatime
May 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
I'm glad that there is a proven team of map makers out there, Ill keep my eyes open for their names.

whiteninja
May 9, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-05-09 00:43, metatime wrote:
Zenneth (me Hune) level 164.
Bah! Now I know! Hahah! *winnar!* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sorry about that before. Heheh.

And in regard to the quest... which enemy does it have alot of? Del-D? Sorcerers? (Like how Soul Blade is all Sinows and Heat Sword is all Tollaw)

Jarek
May 9, 2006, 05:42 PM
I did the quest last night as well, and I have 2 words: well done.
I was using my fo, there was a ramarl, and 2 hucaseal (lowest lv in the team was 164 I think). It still took us over an hour to finish, even though the hucl had already done it. There really isn't a lot of a specific enemy...there are lots of all of them. The switches add a nice variety. One room in ruins 3 is quite..lol. Its filled with laser fences in a square grid, and there are like 10 switches to open them. You have to work your way around the grid getting the 4 door switches to continue on. And all the while there's poison in the air draining your hp. Once you learn the order of the switches it won't be so bad, but we wandered around there for almost 10minutes. XD
And yeah, some of the rooms have an invisible poison mist. You can't see it (hence the word invisible), but you can hear it in some spots. Some other rooms stay dark with no light switch. A few nasty rooms hit you with both.
But enough rambling. It's really nice, and if you like ruins, do yourself a favor and check it out.

The quest reward was 40000 meseta on ultimate. And the satisfaction of helping Hopkins out once again.

metatime
May 10, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-05-09 13:25, whiteninja wrote:

On 2006-05-09 00:43, metatime wrote:
Zenneth (me Hune) level 164.
Bah! Now I know! Hahah! *winnar!* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sorry about that before. Heheh.

And in regard to the quest... which enemy does it have alot of? Del-D? Sorcerers? (Like how Soul Blade is all Sinows and Heat Sword is all Tollaw)

Ah yes I'm 09 on the "other" forum and metatime here lol Most people remember me as 09 since I stopped using her in December =P

The quest had so many enemies that it was hard to see how many of each type was in the room.