PDA

View Full Version : The shootings in MD area.

Dangerous55
Oct 12, 2002, 04:36 PM
Well, I was doing a little research about the places where the people were shot, pretty interesting.

First and Second shot at Wheaton, Maryland. During the Civil War it was Fort Steven.

Third was shot in Rockville, Maryland. During the Civil War troops stationd there went to the Battle of Fort Steven.

The fourth was shot at Aspen Hill, Maryland. That man was a Civil War Buff.

The fifth was shot at Silver Spring, Maryland. During the Civil War it was involved in the Battle of Fort Steven.

The sixth was shot at Kensington, Maryland. Nothing yet about it.

The seventh was shot in Washington D.C. The Rebel troops at the Battle of Fort Steven were trying to capture Washington.

The 8th were eleventh were shot in Fredericksburg. A site of a huge Civil War battlefield.

The 9th was shot in Bowie, Maryland. Nothing yet.

The 10th was shot in Manasassas, Virginia. That was the site of the first battle of the Civil War.

I dont know, probably coincendence, but oh well.

Spy
Oct 12, 2002, 04:42 PM
Coincidence indeed.

I'm sure that this person probably played Doom on the PC though, and that videogames are the evil that has inspired this killing spre.

Rotis
Oct 12, 2002, 04:54 PM
I don't know about any Civil War connections, but all of this stuff is just insane. Everyone's upset around here... I live on the VA side of the DC suburbs, so although most of them have been decently far away from where I am, the Manassas one was a bit close for comfort.
Also, my sister lives in Silver Spring, so that's pretty alarming.

They even blocked off huge portions of the highway the other day and checked every single car, trying to catch this guy... and yet he still eludes the police.

Danger_Girl
Oct 12, 2002, 05:51 PM
Interesting indeed, but most likely coincendence. Most of that region was the site of larg battles duing the civil war. Regardless, I can't wait till they get that freak or freaks.

Dangerous55
Oct 12, 2002, 08:51 PM
Well maybe it was some Neo-Rebel freak(s). I just started thinking about it when I heard Fredericksburg and Manassas.

Spy
Oct 12, 2002, 09:07 PM
If they guy is smart enough to stop now he'll get away scott free. It'll be an interesting next couple of weeks in the headlines :-

Agent_Reav
Oct 12, 2002, 10:15 PM
I gotta say I admire his skill. Sure he is a cold blooded killer but he is good at his work. Didn't he leave a death tarot card with "I am a god" written on it... If you ask me that sounds like a Vietnam vet.

Dangerous55
Oct 13, 2002, 12:03 AM
On 2002-10-12 20:15, Agent_Reav wrote:
I gotta say I admire his skill. Sure he is a cold blooded killer but he is good at his work. Didn't he leave a death tarot card with "I am a god" written on it... If you ask me that sounds like a Vietnam vet.

Why does that sound like a Vietnam vet?

Spy
Oct 13, 2002, 12:14 AM
On 2002-10-12 22:03, Dangerous55 wrote:

Why does that sound like a Vietnam vet?

I believe there was a viet-nam vet in the 70's or 80's who was a serial killer and left tarrot cards on his victims.

Dangerous55
Oct 13, 2002, 12:25 AM
On 2002-10-12 22:14, Spy wrote:

I believe there was a viet-nam vet in the 70's or 80's who was a serial killer and left tarrot cards on his victims.

Ah, I didnt know that. This guy didnt leave it on the body though.

ABDUR101
Oct 13, 2002, 02:21 AM
On 2002-10-12 22:25, Dangerous55 wrote:
This guy didnt leave it on the body though.

Copy cat killers might not be precise in some cases.

My viewpoint on this ordeal:

Obviously he likes the thrill of having someone in his sights, the thought of just merely pulling the trigger and having their life end is what excites him.

What would he feel when he has someone in his sights?

He would feel power. He gets to choose who lives or dies by taking his time and choosing his targets. The fact that there's no real distinguishing features about any of his victims means he isn't doing it on race, religion or background.

A child and various men and women of various ages with various backgrounds. He isn't stalking people he knows or has info on, he's merely setting down like a hunter and picking someone that he wants to dominate with life or death.

The tarot card he left which had, I beleive "I am God" written on it also points towards this. He gets his excitement from dealing death to anyone. The fact that he wrote that is scary, to an extent, because it makes it hard to track his motive. He just waits, shoots, and silently leaves, which gives him the feeling of being invincible.

Are the police still looking for that white truck? Thats kinda stupid really, considering he can have it repainted, or if he's using such trucks for his use, he may be working for a company that issues these trucks, in which they'd no doubt be in different colors and have different writing on them.

He would effectively have an infinite number of vehicles which would leave him untraceble by that means of detective work.

The police know what they're doing, hopefully. They've been doing it alot longer than all of us, just keep up with whats happening and hope that they catch a lead or he slips over his own feet.

Zenigma
Oct 13, 2002, 10:12 AM
i live in baltimore, so its not really close distance wise, but its freakin me out anyway. and last i heard they have the police, cia, fbi, AND the secret service workin to catch this guy and hes STILL on the loose. my guess is that it could be a network of some guys. one snipes in DC and goes to hide for a day or too, then another snipes in VA to pull all the attention to VA while the other has more "freedom" i dunno, just a guess

ginko990
Oct 13, 2002, 12:35 PM
10 people? I thought he only killed 7.

I heard they're blaming this shit on counter-strike too. Anyone else hear that?

Dangerous55
Oct 13, 2002, 12:42 PM
On 2002-10-13 10:35, ginko990 wrote:
10 people? I thought he only killed 7.

He shot 10, only 8 died or soemthing like that. Of course there gonna blame it on video games, it wont lead to anything though.

BlackRose
Oct 14, 2002, 11:35 AM
Things like this wouldn't happen if this wasn't a free country, but I'm still glad it is.

RellikTakahashi
Oct 20, 2002, 09:15 PM
I live in Maryland and Hear about it all the time. The main thing is how they cancel everything important. I'd wish they'd catch this __________ soon. (fill in the blank =P )

rbf2000
Oct 21, 2002, 01:08 AM
The Home Depot shooting was 10 mins away from my school.

Infact, it was family weekend at my school this weekend, and my step mom and step brother did not come because they were too afraid of the sniper. I laughed at them.

I explained to them:

There's like 8 million people in the DC area, and the sniper has only killed 8 people. So the chance of getting killed by the sniper is about 1 in a million. The odds are better of winning the lottery (on a scratch ticket, anyways). So why not just win the lottery instead of being shot?
(yes, that was supposed to be a joke).

RellikTakahashi
Oct 21, 2002, 05:45 AM
Nice joke w00t. lol But anyway. The reason I have more fear is because he's doing it at random. There's always killings in maryland everyday but this one just doesnt attend to aim at certain people.

Phobos-X
Oct 21, 2002, 07:20 AM
man i rarely leave out except for work or other necessary means. i live within walkin distance to the beltway entrance that connects to i-95, not only that both malls that i used to go to alot are also a few minutes away from a beltway entrance/exit that connects to i-95 in some way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phobos-X on 2002-10-21 05:22 ]</font>

TinyGrendel
Oct 23, 2002, 03:09 PM
On 2002-10-13 10:35, ginko990 wrote:

They are grasping in vain to allude to the fact that "I am god" on a tarot card is linked to "godmode" in videogames. Unfortunately, they are linking it to Counter-Strike, which has no real god mode built in, as it has no single player, and Silent Scope, which is an arcade game with a huge ass gun or a really suckz0ring DC game.

The media has to be a bunch of chickens pecking at a keyboard randomly, Fox News had a similar story but at least showed both sides to it, having a gamer tell the truth, and worried parents bitching at the same time. MSNBC on the other hand just had one side, the bad one. Both stations had outdated 1.0 versions of CS.

Fox News showed the AWP on the training mission of CSv1.0 and I forget what MSNBC showed, perhaps just clips of it.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2002, 03:27 PM
Next thing we know, people will blame the Israel-Palestine conflict on the fact that the millitant leaders played too much Starcraft.

http://www.ciboire.com/forum/fou.gif

Know what? Let's stop trying to find out the philosophical meaning of this dude's shooting spree; we're here to frag the guy off the face of the planet, not to lay him down on a chair next to a psychiatrist.

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2002, 03:34 PM
I blame the national debt on Animal Crossing. Ich bin eine video game Nazi.

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2002, 04:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif You know what? I could just believe this to be true!

What's so addictive about AC anyways?

TinyGrendel
Oct 23, 2002, 06:15 PM
On 2002-10-23 14:01, KodiaX987 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif You know what? I could just believe this to be true!

What's so addictive about AC anyways?

It's a "communication" game in which is real time, one minute in game is on minute in real life. Certain activities and events happen at certain times, and family members or friends can post in game and have others read it when they play... i don't have the game though.

Know what? Let's stop trying to find out the philosophical meaning of this dude's shooting spree; we're here to frag the guy off the face of the planet, not to lay him down on a chair next to a psychiatrist.

This would go against constitutional due-process and cruel and unusual punishment. If he kills 10+ people and throws people into a frenzy that kills him against the constitution than he killed more than 10 people, he killed 80mill+ because that's how many people died in wars to protect this freedom, and i'll be damned if it's taken away.

Dangerous55
Oct 23, 2002, 06:22 PM
On 2002-10-23 16:15, TinyGrendel wrote:

he killed 80mill+ because that's how many people died in wars to protect this freedom,

Well, not that high.

TinyGrendel
Oct 24, 2002, 07:47 PM
On 2002-10-23 16:22, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-10-23 16:15, TinyGrendel wrote:

he killed 80mill+ because that's how many people died in wars to protect this freedom,

Well, not that high.

just a rough estimate... 40 mill died in WW2, so I figured that all the wars from revolutionary to WW1 added up to about 40 mill.