PDA

View Full Version : Rare Item

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 01:30 AM
After you beat the game, do you start finding Rare/Legend stuff?

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 01:35 AM
You must be new. Just look at the drop charts.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

(yeesh)

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 01:37 AM
Im not new
I just forgot what happens and such
I started replaying the game on Xbox
I had it on GC

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 01:39 AM
But thanks for the link

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 01:40 AM
By the way

Can HUmars use Launchers and Rockets?

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 01:49 AM
Jesus christ, man. Consolidate your posts.

Launchers and rockets? DO YOU MEAN SHOTGUN AND BAZOOKA TYPE WEAPONS? Just look in the god damn database. You can filter it so it shows only weapons equippable by Humars.

Skorpius
May 9, 2006, 02:45 AM
GrumblyStuff, I think you need to calm the tone of your posts down.

ZeroSoul, let me start off by saying that you can edit your posts by using this image link: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/pm2.gif
It's under your posts, and it allows you to edit them and add/remove/change the text.

Secondly, rare items (red boxes) have a set drop frequency depending on what creature it comes from, and on what difficulty it is in. These frequency numbers have been converted into ratios, or fractions, for easier study. Rare items can, and have, dropped in Normal, for example.

To answer your final question, HUmars cannot use Launchers. There are no "Rocket" type weapons. The database entries that I linked to in your previous topic were Launcher/Shot class weapons, useable only by Rangers (Panzer/Iron Faust is Android only). However, the Inferno Bazooka is the only one of those that HUmar can use.

For further questions, you should check the Item and Guides Database.

Neith
May 9, 2006, 07:33 AM
Posts like the one by GrumblyStuff answers anyone's questions as to why a lot of new players are intimidated by the PSO community...

Anyway, Skorpius has covered the majority about rare items, but I'll add a bit.

You can find rares in Normal difficulty, but the droprates for them are very hard, and usually much easier to obtain in other difficulties- for example, a Booma's Right Arm in Normal is 1/8630, whereas in Very Hard it is 1/427.

The exceptions to this are S-Parts ver2.01 and Invisible Guard, both of which ONLY drop in Normal.

As you progress through the difficulties, you'll notice you begin to find rare items more frequently- unless you're hunting in an area with a lot of extremely rare items. For example, with a Skyly, once you hit Hard mode, you will start finding Flowen's Sword. In Very Hard, you will find more Last Survivor, and in Ultimate, you'll find a lot of Dragon Slayers.

If you didn't know already, your Section ID governs what rares drop for you, check the Item Database for the rares for your ID.

As for your rocket question- 'rockets' are usually referred to as Launchers and Bazookas in PSO. As Skorpius said, the only HUmar usable one is the Inferno Bazooka.

Think of it like this- a Hunter is ideally designed to be up close using melee weapons (swords, daggers, partisans etc). They can use some guns, but are not skilled enough to wield the better guns.

Rangers are the gun masters, but likewise lack the skill to be able to use certain melee weaponry.

Forces are less dependant on weapons, using them to gain boosts in power/range to their techniques.

Since a HUmar is a Hunter, he's designed to melee, not really to use Launchers. If you want a male human who can use Launchers, make a RAmar.

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 09:10 AM
You know, I seriously hated the ban on free email services but now I'm seeing at least a silver lining in it. Rather than letting just anyone register and come right here to make a thread asking where to this, what ID to use, how to get what ID, etc, they have to have some sort of natural curiosity go out and just look at the guides and find out themselves.

Either PSO attracts too many idiots or (and?) this site isn't the most user friendly.

Lightfox
May 9, 2006, 10:16 AM
Whatever you say Grum, everybody has the right to make mistakes and stupid questions, eveybody was a newbie, don't forget that, and if you think PSO attracts to many idiots or/and isn't the most user friendly, just go away and stop being a pain in the ass for newbies.

DoubleJG
May 9, 2006, 11:06 AM
Either PSO attracts too many idiots or (and?) this site isn't the most user friendly.

I like how you are saying that this site isnt user friendly when it actually is very user friendly. Why would you assume that though? Take a look at how you replied to a simple question being asked by a new member. If you don't have anything nice or helpful to post then dont bother posting at all.

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 11:45 AM
Im not really new
I had another account but I forgot everything
Im not new to the game aswell

Charmander02
May 9, 2006, 03:06 PM
You can get rares on normal mode without beating the game, its just they really suck.

All the good rares are in Ult mode.

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-05-09 09:06, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
I like how you are saying that this site isnt user friendly when it actually is very user friendly.
Site. Not forums. If they can't find the PSO section and browse the guides (conviently and thoroughly separated by subject), then all they seemingly end up doing is registering and making a thread asking about this or that.

Dhylec
May 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
Guys, please... do not derail this topic anymore than it already is.
Members, old or new, should be looking at guides before asking questions. (They are the work of many unpaid hours by many people in the community.)

Unfortunately, not everyone likes to do that. So, please show those who do not know to the guides - nicely. (It's hard, but remember this is the Internet, attitude counts.) Let them go there & learn to use the guides themselves.

ZeroSoul
May 9, 2006, 09:22 PM
You guys can hate me all you want since I forgot everything on this site

Dhylec
May 9, 2006, 09:51 PM
You guys can hate me all you want
ZeroSoul, this kind of undoes all what I've posted up there. I try to make the thread pleasant again, just to get this 'come-on' popping up.

Well, the others have said what you should know. This thread is done. Feel free to browse around & check out the guides. Ask if you have problem understanding them.