PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor might be suing us :o

Saiffy
May 9, 2006, 03:48 PM
Well, I told my dad it wasn't a good idea.

My dad has been working on our yard for years now, to be finished 5 years after I move out, 2 years before he dies(My educated guess anyways). One of the thing he wanted to do was to expand the garden we have there. The dirt in it was old already, so after digging it up, digging up the addon parts, all we needed was better....dirt? I guess. So my dad bought $100 worth of stuff, don't know exactly how much it was, other than it was too much.

In the back, there's a back alley. I only say this since a couple towns I've been to don't have back alleys, so yeah. And we have a little place to park cars there, then a fence built in segments so you can take parts of it out. The place where the extended garden was to be, having the dirt delivered on our yard would mean an hour or two extra work just to carry the dirt from point A to point B. But since my neighbor was out of town this weekend, and if we took a segment of the fence out, we could cut the work. So my dad figured it'd be a smart idea to put it on his asphalt driveway which is right beside the fence. Our family has a good relationship with him, right? He won't mind!

You don't need to know dirt to know $100 worth of it is gonna be heavy, and heavy stuff requires a big truck, and heavy stuff isn't good for asphalt that can't take a lot of weight. So there's some damage to his driveway. I found this kinda funny since my dad said all the dirt would be gone before he came home, and it's now Tuesday and it's still not gone completely. And even if it was, like he wouldn't notice the damage or something.

Meh, if he does go through with suing us, he'll easilly win, my dad was stupid about it, so with the costs, this'll mean he'll have one less year to enjoy his finished yard before he dies(AND CAUSE JOKES ARENT ALLOWED ON THE INTERNET...) :3

Not really a "omigawd imma pissed" rant, just wanted to type this out, I actually find it kinda funny.

ABDUR101
May 9, 2006, 04:17 PM
Tell your Dad not to be a douchebag and to pay for the damages, try and settle out of court.

Good going anyway.

Sord
May 9, 2006, 10:44 PM
laying ashpault really isn't that hard, just smelly as all hell -_- I say you make him personally repair it. The stink will knock his socks off and he'll never do it again XD

you will need a mask though >_>