PDA

View Full Version : about ramarls...

jkrox4eva
May 9, 2006, 09:25 PM
i just have a quick question that i will be checking in the morning and after school...

... how many people that use ramarls on offline mode actually use techniques? or do you just use the guns and such, im just wondering because for my gc im starting a ramarl and idk if i should waste getting spells and such. even though i heard there shifta and deband is useful but mine is only lvl 7 in
mines 1.

i just want to know.

GrumblyStuff
May 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
Level 20 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure. That plus level 20 Resta. You probably won't be using offensive techs much but those are just fantastic to have.

Deltra
May 9, 2006, 09:57 PM
I usually use Level 20 Shifta/Deband/Resta. I mix in a few Rafoies and Rabartas on occasion. I tend to J/Z tougher monsters.

PJ
May 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
If you DON'T make use of RAmarls S/D/J/Z, you've pretty much got the worst class on your hands.

Saiffy
May 9, 2006, 10:07 PM
On 2006-05-09 20:03, PJ wrote:
If you use RAmarls, you've got the worst class on your hands.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seriously though, RAmarls need S/D/J/Z to be good. They definitely need the extra damage from S/Z, and D/J can't hurt anyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

inb4bbplayers
You know
Everyone on BB uses a RAmarl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2006-05-10 11:51 ]</font>

REJ-
May 9, 2006, 10:37 PM
Saiffwin has it all summed up:

RAmarls are overrated http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Rej_Ay/6a6e92dd.gif

Blitzkommando
May 9, 2006, 10:40 PM
I used both the defensive and offensive techniques with my RAmarls. Sure it wasn't like a force but they were certainly usefull for stunning the enemies or hitting very large groups all at the same time.

Foie came in handy occasionally mainly with fighting Falz in the upper difficulties when it would go immune to physical damage.

Rabarta came in very handy pretty much all of the time. The chance of freezing wasn't too terrible and it made a nice stun for all the enemies surrounding me at the time.

I didn't bother much with Razonde but Gizonde was used quite a bit on groups of machines in hopes of shock and for the machines' weakness in lower difficulties. The casting speed was also pretty good which helped as well. Zonde was good for tagging enemies at odd locations, where sometimes a gun couldn't hit like behind walls.

I would also regularly use Rafoie. Once in ultimate Rafoie is pretty much the do-all technique. Most enemies are fairly weak to fire and it hits most enemies in the room so it works nicely. Mines especially was helped with Rafoie, with the Canabin rings. Overall other than the support techniques Rafoie was probably what I used the most.

I rarely, if ever, used Razonde, Gifoie, Barta, or Gibarta. The rest of the techniques I used on a fairly regular basis.

In short, yes, nearly all techniques are great to have for RAmarls especially offline. Finding the level 20 disks of all the techniques became very easy once in the late Caves to early Mines in ultimate. Anti 7 was probably the trickiest to get, but offline only with no multiplayer Anti 6 is probably all that is needed, and that is very easy to find.

whiteninja
May 9, 2006, 10:40 PM
Overrated my a**? (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Phantasmal+World+%234)

When I was offline, for the longest time I only used Shifta. Oddly enough, I still owned. Then I started using it all though... and I began to double own. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
May 9, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-05-09 20:40, whiteninja wrote:

Any class can do that at 196.

whiteninja
May 10, 2006, 12:02 AM
But I was one hundred and ninety five. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

jkrox4eva
May 10, 2006, 06:53 AM
ok thnx guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hrith
May 10, 2006, 06:59 AM
On 2006-05-09 21:12, Skorpius wrote:

On 2006-05-09 20:40, whiteninja wrote:
Any class can do that at 196.XDDDDDDD
yeah, right...

RAmarls are in no way overrated, they're just better.
Overused, if you want, and not necessarily by good players -_-;

RAmarl is so strong, too many players rely on the strength of the character instead of using their own skills, that's the only drawback to the RAmarl.
But a major one; people pick RAmarl because "lol she pwns" and then turn out to be pretty poor players -- but they don't realize it because they do "pwn".

To answer your question, all techniques are useful on a RAmarl.
Her support and healing techniques is a given, although at higher levels, J/Z aren't useful everywhere, far from it.
Gifoie, Rafoie and Razonde for stunning, tagging and removing traps (or even damaging, in 1P mode), Rabarta for stunning and freezing.
Others at your discretion (Gizonde for Sil Dragon, and so on).

So yeah, if you don't make use of techniques, might as well try another Ranger.

jkrox4eva
May 10, 2006, 07:05 AM
ok ill stick with usin techs... and until i get that adapter for gc ill only be online for xbox... jeez i need to play online for gc also so bad

and im off to school so talk to ya guys later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jkrox4eva on 2006-05-10 05:12 ]</font>

ayrista
May 10, 2006, 01:17 PM
I use techs on my ramarl all the time. besides s/d j/z, esp. for ep4, mostly for stalling or disrupting, I think rabarta, and gifoie and all three zonde techs are massively usefull.

As for Ramarls in general, they can lose their usefullness in a strong team setting, but its a great solo char.

Jkid
May 10, 2006, 01:50 PM
I usually use my RAmarls as a secondary mage/ranger, but if there is a mage around, I only use it for shooting.

jkrox4eva
May 10, 2006, 08:53 PM
sweetness. i cant wait to get the bba for gc and when i find my memory card ill be online with gc. yay

krad
May 12, 2006, 12:05 PM
yeah, but first we need to find the memory card.

gibinator
May 12, 2006, 12:31 PM
Ya, using guns is a way alot of ppl go. But i would still recommand getting high level resta, shifta, deband, foie, barta, and zonde. Then ur set ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

jkrox4eva
May 15, 2006, 03:55 PM
hmm sounds like ill stick with lvling my hucast a lil bit more now that we found the mem card, then with the techs i can find with him ill give 2 the ramarl.

Drayma
May 15, 2006, 07:46 PM
I've created a ramarl and use shifta and got a launcher (shot), I'm looking for a final impact.

zofia
May 22, 2006, 09:31 AM
RAmarl/HUnewearl are nice for those times you can't get a FO in your team but you still really want to take on an area/quest. They may not have lv30 tech's, but level 20 s/d/j/z is waaaaaaaay better than lv15 (or none at all). Way better.

Norvekh makes great points about RAmarl (and for that matter, HUnewearl) tech usage.

All in all, RAmarl and HUnewearl are the most balanced classes in the game. That doesn't mean they're the best (though they are my favorites) but they are amazingly balanced between melee and magic. However, because of that, they will never be as uber as the other classes in specific areas (like total ATP, total damage, total HP, etc.). They're right in the middle, but they're right in the middle of EVERYTHING, so they give people that play them a chance to sample many playstyles with a single character.

trust_kill
May 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
RAmarl overrated? lol thats a good one.

DonRoyale
May 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
Slap a Zalure Needle on a RAmar and you can basically call it a RAmarl with God/Arms. >_>

Seriously, RAmarls are overrated. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2006-05-22 09:17 ]</font>

Hrith
May 22, 2006, 01:59 PM
No, they aren't, quite provoking freely using baseless claims.

And your example badly fails, a RAmar with a Zalure Needle is still a lot weaker than a RAmarl.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 22, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-05-22 09:09, trust_kill wrote:
RAmarl an overused talked about deadhorse? lol thats a good one.

Yep.

RAmarl needs its own forum.

Good god.

Jive18
May 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
On 2006-05-22 12:26, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2006-05-22 09:09, trust_kill wrote:
RAmarl an overused talked about deadhorse? lol thats a good one.

Yep.

RAmarl needs its own forum.

Good god.

It's so true. Amen Haya.

jkrox4eva
May 22, 2006, 09:09 PM
ahh yess i just lvled up my new hunewearl or watever to 20 about 2 mins ago. yay, but now i get the s..t kicked outa me when i go to hard forest..... BACK TO TTF ON NORMAL. (yay?)

CM_vs_HP
Jun 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
[quote]
On 2006-05-22 11:59, Kef wrote:
RAmar with a Zalure Needle is still a lot weaker than a RAmarl.

LOL at that.

whiteninja
Jun 6, 2006, 12:13 AM
Actually, that is a valid point...

A Ramar has 73 ATP more than a Ramarl when they are both supported by their own Shifta.

Ramarl has 52 DFP over Ramar.
Ramarl wins in MST, but that doesn't matter if you use Mates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Ramar has 8 more ATA.
Ramarl has 185 more EVP maxed, but 85 is a more realistic number if you don't use slot items for stats.

So, you can say that Ramarls are better because they can Beserk and take less damage... Well, Ramars can Beserk and kill the stuff faster, so they take less damage.

When a Zalure Needle is brought into it, then that does nullify the Ramarl's lv20 Zalure... A Needle can cast it faster, and be followed up by a normal attack to flinch the enemies so you can pull out a Beserk Needle and kill them. Plus with an additional 13 levels, it is well worth it. Jellen is no basis for an argument at all. Who ever has time for Jellen? >.>

For Resta, there is a simple solution: don't take damage, and use Mates when you do. Magnum does it. I did PW4:ET getting hit under 25 times (online, mind you <_<). It really isn't that hard. It just takes practice. I rarely use Resta on my Ramarl... it takes too long.

For the other techniques... The only one I ever use is Rabarta, for destroying traps above my head and for freezing/stunning Ill Gills in PW4. There is not much other use for it.

Hrith
Jun 6, 2006, 12:19 PM
I say you suck as a RAmarl, then.
Or at least I'm a much better player.

If you don't use techs, play a RAcaseal.

RAmar is a lot, but a lot weaker than RAmarl when soloing (Zalure Needle implies soloing, obviously).
My RAmar has a Zalure Shot and Jellen Needle, he's still a terrible character, let alone compared to RAmarl.

CM_vs_HP
Jun 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
[quote]
On 2006-06-06 10:19, Kef wrote:
My RAmar has a Zalure Shot and Jellen Needle

I say you suck as a RAmar, then.
shot is too slow need zalure spread...

I forgot to mention jellen was useless when soloing...The only need for tech is to temporarily stop ennemy movement...WICH dont need any power even a gifoi level 1 will stop a delbiter in a charge motion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-06-06 11:43 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
I suggest you quit trolling, or your passage on these boards will be short-lived.

I notice you have no argument except trolling and flamebaiting me, typical of n00bs, I must say.

And learn to use BBCode, for fuck's sake, even a 6-year old can use it.

CM_vs_HP
Jun 6, 2006, 02:04 PM
Yes... You trully underestimate RAmar... Anyway you cant argue with the fact that i outdamage any ramarl anytime. And ata being the thing i consider the most in this game im using the right character for my style. You selected the RAmarl for your own playing style and a good choice as well.

whiteninja
Jun 6, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-06-06 10:19, Kef wrote:
el oh el zee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I may not have a few thousand hours like you, but I do have a lv196, and just over 700 hours. That is more than alot of people have total. There is a chance that you are better than me, but not by very much. I by no means suck at being a Ramarl, anyone I have played with can verify that.

You really need to stop belittling everyone who disagrees with you, Kef.

PJ
Jun 6, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not gonna argue with Kef, but I'm gonna back up Whiteninja and say he's easily the best RAmarl I've ever played with.

Hrith
Jun 6, 2006, 02:40 PM
I know people with two or three Lv 200 that suck at the game.

I'm not belittling you, I'm being honest; from the way you described your gameplay, you're a bad RAmarl.
You sound like all these RAmarl users (about 80% of the RAmarls I know) who rely on the excessive strength of the character instead of their own skills.

Norvekh is a good RAmarl, reading his posts makes it obvious to me, and he's not even 196, IIRC.

PJ's comment does not do you any good publicity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2006-06-06 12:42 ]</font>

whiteninja
Jun 6, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-06-06 12:40, Kef wrote:
You sound like all these RAmarl users (about 80% of the RAmarls I know) who rely on the excessive strength of the character instead of their own skills.
You have never played with me. You do not know what you are talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-06-06 15:26 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jun 6, 2006, 06:01 PM
This topic is goign nowhere. locked to prevent further flaming/flamebaiting/trolling.