PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4

DizzyDi
May 10, 2006, 07:11 PM
Theres other E3 threads up, so I figured I oughta make this one in off topic.
Anybody get to see it the other day?
How about the extended 15-minute trailer?
Thoughts?
Speculations?
Flames?
Anything?

I thought it was fhkn amazing, not just the graphics but the music, direction, everything.
Metal Gear is such a beloved franchise and to see its characters actually age and transform like they have in the first one...well...its amazing.

Outrider
May 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
I've only watched the short version so far, but it was definitely awesome. I'm really looking forward to MGS4, even if it'll require dropping $600 for the PS3.

Does anybody besides IGN Insider have the 14 minute trailer for download? I can't watch it on Konami.com because the stream isn't steady enough. Too many people are trying to watch it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 11, 2006, 12:55 AM
I just checked gamevideos.com, the 1up.com sub site and it wasn't on there yet.

Metal Gear is way more of a movie type experience now. Its really dramatic looking with panning views of the action and lots and lots and lots of story.

I haven't seen anything else look as nice and detailed so far. Yet its still far off from release.

What's the deal with the continuation of the series again?
This one is the supposed last one ever?

Until its sells PS3's like hotcakes and people demand another!

DizzyDi
May 11, 2006, 07:42 PM
Outrider: I found the 15 minute video on Google Video.
Hayabusa: This is probably the last of Metal Gear SOLID. Snake'll probably die or just become unable to battle anymore at the end of this one. I doubt its the end of the Metal Gear series all together. They'll be spin-offs, prolly one starring Raiden.

Kizaragu
May 12, 2006, 02:17 PM
Don't ask me to quote this or back it up but, I remember reading not too long ago that Kojima claimed it would be the last MGS game in this series, but hinted that it wouldn't be the end of the franchise all together. In hindsight, No more snakey-poos I guess?

Those having trouble finding the fifteen minute trailer, I bring you gifts. It's found on this site. http://www.metalgearsolid.org/
I accept payment in the form of either lovely ladies or cash.

Outrider
May 12, 2006, 02:41 PM
He also claimed back when the first MGS4 trailer was shown that Snake wouldn't die in this game.

So, uh, yeah. I dunno.

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2006, 02:41 PM
Looks good, but not $600 good. I'll pick it up after the PS3 has had a few price drops - and after the obligitory Metal Gear Solid 4: Sustinance comes out.

Kizaragu
May 12, 2006, 02:58 PM
You make a valid point and I hope it remains true.
Thing is, the trailer isn't making it look all too promising. The poor buggers age and the whole "I like the taste of lead" really puts a downer on his lifespan.
I just hope it ends with him walking into the sunset with Meryl talking about yu-gi-oh cards or something... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
May 12, 2006, 03:44 PM
So I take it that "Old Snake" is actually Big Boss - since Liquid Ocelot, Meryl, Otacon, Raiden, and Campbell would all either be dead or similarly aged by the time Solid Snake got that geriatric. Either that, or he could be crazy and just seeing shadows of the past.

DizzyDi
May 12, 2006, 04:10 PM
Old Snake is actually Solid Snake. Hes aging faster than Otacon and all them because hes a clone, and as such he ages faster.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-05-12 12:17, Kizaragu wrote:
Those having trouble finding the fifteen minute trailer, I bring you gifts. It's found on this site. http://www.metalgearsolid.org/
I accept payment in the form of either lovely ladies or cash.

Nothing for you sir.

The 100MB download on there is also quite busy for me.

I checked out google video also with mention of that by Dizzy and there's 3 or 4 up of the long trailer which loaded pretty fast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[spoiler stuff from the trailer]
Overkill by Raiden there at the end. Way more intense than MGS2's 3 Ray boss fight. Crazy looking high heel feet on his suit letting him grab his sword with his feet and pull a headspin.

There was also Snake asking Naomi how much longer he has to live, she said back less than(?) 6 months.

The box/watermelon/new camoflauge suit on Snake was a nice scene too. Funny when his ciggarette finally falls out after all that.

But if he's supposedly going to take his life, that wouldn't necessarily get rid of all his cloned genes. Liquid's genes are in Ocelot now as well right? (with however that plot point goes with the arm-graft infusion)

Gotta take him out first.