PDA

View Full Version : About the Keyboard.

ginko990
Oct 13, 2002, 09:52 AM
For the Importer, are you guys playig with the keyboards? I notice that Nintendo isn't planning on releasing the Controller/Keyboard hydrid here in US. If you import them wont they have the Jp characters on it? Any info.

HiroTristar
Oct 13, 2002, 05:34 PM
I'm not an importer, but here's a pic of what it looks like:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media.cfm?action=hwshot&id=92&seq=2

It also seems that SEGA's rushing to get 3rd party keyboards out there in time for launch for US players, but that's highly unlikely.

Spy
Oct 13, 2002, 05:39 PM
*adds another scratch to the "Keyboard Info" posts tally*

Why doesn't the editorial team get something up and running to address this question? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Danger_Girl
Oct 13, 2002, 11:08 PM
Well I broke down and imported the darn thing. I guess the problem is many of my friends aren't importing, so I'm going to be doing all the talking. Hmmmm...that might not actually be so bad.

Anyway, the thing in and of itself is a beast. The thought of playing with it is frigtning. I guess what I'm wondering, is will I be able to use my regular controller in one port, and plug the keyboard hybrid in port 2. I would much rather have the keyboard on a table or desktop and the controller in my hands.

Spy
Oct 13, 2002, 11:43 PM
Wavebird in my hands. Keyboard across my lap. PSO will be good.

HiroTristar
Oct 13, 2002, 11:47 PM
On 2002-10-13 21:43, Spy wrote:
Wavebird in my hands. Keyboard across my lap. PSO will be good.

Exactly what I had in mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiroTristar on 2002-10-13 21:48 ]</font>

flyrobinfly
Oct 14, 2002, 01:58 AM
I'm more worried about having to hit those tiny keys with my big gaijin hands than the comfort of the controller bits, myself.

I'm giving [N,S]OA a week or so to come up with something better (or anything, really) before I go and import this thing.

ginko990
Oct 14, 2002, 07:38 AM
So If I want that Keyboard, or any keyboard right now, Im going to have to import it? How muhc does that cost.

st4pl3s
Oct 14, 2002, 05:33 PM
I think that they should just make a usb adapter for gameube, so yor can use one from an old computer, or make one for the us... its not really that hard to make a gamecube controller!

Ghent
Oct 14, 2002, 06:46 PM
In total (Broker fee, border tax, shipping and controller/keyboard) it comes out to about $160 Canadian.
(And yes, I did import it, so I know first hand.)