PDA

View Full Version : GC Quest: Fragment of memory

xjustsumloser
May 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
No its not on the official servers, nor do i think it will ever be released by sonic team. But the homebrew servers now host this quest for GC. its only for GC since the script is not compatible with V2/PC. There was a warp glitch but now its fixed. Have fun dodgeing the ghosts in ULT.

though note this was from JP BB so the translation still needs to be fixed up a bit. So there may be some jibberish or nonsence sentences, but hey at least we can play the quest now.

PJ
May 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
This is a general review of the quest, since it IS available on JPBB, so yeah, USBBers can read up.

Ruins 1 was excellent. Ruins 2 was pretty good. Ruins 3 was TERRIBLE.

For me, since I'm hunting Book out of Purplenum, Ruins 1 is good. Lots of Sorcerors. And I plan to go Pinkal for Evil Curst, as this also has a lot of Bulclaws.

But the bit in Ruins 3... it's nice to have added things to stop you, but the ghosts weren't just annoying. They were FRUSTRATING. They just made going through Ruins 3 no fun. And, although when you don't move they don't catch, when you're DEAD, they'll catch you. Then when they land you back the beginning, still dead, the ghosts can RECATCH YOU AGAIN. And you can be far away from a partner that could revive. And you have a limit of getting caught 10 times.

It was annoying, to say the least. Such great potential from Ruins 1 ><

xjustsumloser
May 11, 2006, 07:51 PM
on a sidenote it was said that there is alot of incoplete code jummbled in there. the quest was probably rushed, lazy sonic team.

Jarek
May 11, 2006, 10:05 PM
lol *agrees with PJ totally*
Ruins 3 got so damn annoying with those ghosts..
Believe me, I am glad to see quests getting added. Between this and lost havoc vulcan, ruins goers have some good challenging quests to enjoy.

....But that doesn't mean I'll ever be content with those ghosts....

PJ, we'll have to go just do runs of Ruins 1/2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2006-05-11 20:09 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 11, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-05-11 20:05, psobsesser wrote:
PJ, we'll have to go just do runs of Ruins 1/2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

God, amen, ruins 3 is SO annoying XD

And it's not even that rewarding for monsters compared to ruins 1 and 2 :/

PJ
May 12, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yep, Ruins 1 and 2. Book of Hitogata and Evil Curst, ftw!

I'd like to finish the quest though, don't even know if that's possible yet XD

Axel3792
May 15, 2006, 10:08 AM
lol I couldn't even access r2, the warp sent me back to p2 >.>

xjustsumloser
May 15, 2006, 11:01 AM
you have to go back and talk to the soilder and then u can go to r2. then go back again then u can go to r3 if i recall correctly

Jarek
May 16, 2006, 05:07 AM
Yeah, after you get each capsule you have to talk to the soldier on P2. He will then ask if you want to continue; choosing yes will open up the next area.

There is a guide on this quest btw, based on the way it's set up on JPBB:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2427

TheOneHero
May 16, 2006, 11:43 AM

EDIT: Don't ask for specifics here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-05-16 09:58 ]</font>