PDA

View Full Version : I'm so weak. I pre-ordered a PS3.

Kizaragu
May 12, 2006, 02:45 PM
Never work in a game shop kids. It's like a disease. Not only are you skint come payday, but your will power and credibiltiy are tested to the max.
I, my friends, am a consumer whore. Seriousely, my stash is the talk of the town.

My Boss came up to me today with some flash looking documents.
"Hey Matt, all the information regarding the Playstation 3 launch is found here. Read through it and start letting customers know we're taking pre-orders now."

I don't think I've handed over my cash so quick. I could picture my bank manager rubbing his hands together in glee.

For weeks I've been stating that I won't be getting a PS3 for a long time. Ecspecially considering it's price amongst other things. Anyone need any spare organs? Anythings up for grabs. Ladies get discount.

I'm gonna be even worse when the Wii details come in. That's the one I'm really excited about.

So anywho, for those of you in the UK and want details, it's 425 english pounds (at the moment. Could change) and we're only getting the black 60gb version over here. Games should retail at 50-60 quid apparently. Not quite 80 thank god... My bank acount couldn't cope and neither could my legs. The 'boys' shouldn't be round to brake them when I fall behind on payment then.

Like I said, I had no intention of getting one for; and I quote "A VERY LONG TIME".
I'm now one of the first bloody people to put my name down in the country. I lack willpower and was succumb by flashy paper.

Anyone else plan on getting or pre-ordering one? Or hell, state what I was yesterday and say NO WAY? I agree to the latter, but then that would be a contradiction on my part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Zelutos
May 12, 2006, 02:49 PM
Lol, it's so true. But i havn't ordered a PS3 yet. I'll probably be standing in line outside my store first thing in the morning to get one, buuuuut...that's if i can wake up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GrumblyStuff
May 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
Well, I hope for your finanical sake that it's worth it.

But you know you could get a Wii (at an unlikely price of say $300), another controller (GC contollers are $20-25 but let's say $30), three games (at the standard price of $50), and a memory card (cheap ones for the GC are $20 but let's pretend they're better and $30). That's $510. Maybe get three controllers and a high capacity memory card or a USB harddrive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Alucard_Zer0
May 12, 2006, 03:33 PM
oh you silly silly boy http://e.vampirefreaks.com/emotes/slap.gif. im gonna hold off on getting one myself till i see that price tag drop a decent amount. but i will be picking myself up a Wii in the mean time

Luis
May 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
I am going to get a nintendo and wait for a price tag drop, i am sure they cant handle the 600$ offer not for much longer

Deltra
May 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
I'll probably get a PS3, but I won't be pre-ordering it.

GrumblyStuff
May 12, 2006, 07:13 PM
Remember folks, don't just save up the money for it. You better throw some stuff away, too, since it's HUEG(er) LIEKthan XBOX.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 12, 2006, 09:29 PM
Well now you have no worries about getting one on launch day, right?

Except now you also have worries about your own company holding some of your money in the form of the preorder for about the next 6 months.

Metal Gear might be worth the extravagant price tag however.

Ancient
May 12, 2006, 10:35 PM
Let's hope the PS3 doesnt have too big of stability issues in the first batch either. Now that the M$ announced it will soon be replacing the chips in the 360 with cooler ones, I kinda wish I had waited a few more months. I bought my 360 in April, but still no problems though, thankfully.

Dhylec
May 12, 2006, 11:29 PM
Heh, I'd like to see Wii, PS3 or even Xbox360 get a hold of my money this year. ;]

Zelutos
May 13, 2006, 02:21 AM
On 2006-05-12 21:29, Dhylec wrote:
Heh, I'd like to see Wii, PS3 or even Xbox360 get a hold of my money this year. ;]

Resist the temptation!

Tystys
May 13, 2006, 09:09 AM
I am a Playstation fanboy.
'Course I'm going to get it.

Wyndham
May 13, 2006, 01:37 PM
I am most likely not getting a PS3 at all, and just get a Wii.
Th PS3 is too expensive, and doing a half-assed ripoff of the controller tilt thee Wii has does not impress me.

Neith
May 13, 2006, 03:12 PM
I sure as hell won't be buying a PS3.

- Far too expensive (I'm a starving student, dammit!)
- The 'secret' controller just annoyed me
- The base model is stripped of features
- I can't justify paying 300GBP+ for a console, 200 was pushing it.

I'll wait to see what the pricing is like on the Wii. If it's ok, I'll buy that, i think it looks a lot more fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-05-13 13:16 ]</font>

Alucard_Zer0
May 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-05-12 20:35, Ancient wrote:
Let's hope the PS3 doesnt have too big of stability issues in the first batch either. Now that the M$ announced it will soon be replacing the chips in the 360 with cooler ones, I kinda wish I had waited a few more months. I bought my 360 in April, but still no problems though, thankfully.

any word on if they'll give you a new chip if you own an older model? or am i looking to pay out the ass for it

Outrider
May 13, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-05-13 13:22, Alucard_Zer0 wrote:
any word on if they'll give you a new chip if you own an older model? or am i looking to pay out the ass for it

That's not really the kind of thing that would happen.

Consoles usually have different models after a couple years. The parts will improve and they might lower power consumption or something. It might just result in a price drop. But regardless, the system has the same capabilities. They wouldn't want to split up the different versions to the extent that if you didn't have one version, you couldn't play certain games.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 14, 2006, 12:08 AM
I couldn't find any info on these new chips you're talking about.

Got any links?

Is this a hardware improvement, such as improving the power supply/internal parts being upgraded slightly to be more efficient rather than more powerful?

The standard year to year, new serial number of the console fare?

Skett
May 14, 2006, 02:27 AM
I'll get a PS3 eventually. Thanks to MGS4, I have no choice. However, it will be after the better model drops at least two hundred bucks.

Outrider
May 14, 2006, 12:34 PM
On 2006-05-13 22:08, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I couldn't find any info on these new chips you're talking about.

Got any links?

Is this a hardware improvement, such as improving the power supply/internal parts being upgraded slightly to be more efficient rather than more powerful?

The standard year to year, new serial number of the console fare?

Yeah, it's exactly that kind of thing.

Mokona99
May 15, 2006, 08:47 PM
For me, the PS3 has some really good games so I'm sold. I'm planning on getting one a few months after. The Wi'is concept is nice, but it still has some bugs. In gametrailers.com I was watching the Nintendo representative play Red Steel and knew he was having trouble. Also, the AI seems bad. I thought at least the enemy swordsman would be able to block and instead just kept on getting hit. Though, a plus for Wii is Super Smash Brothers so, I'm mixed on the Wii.

Tomoki
May 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-05-15 18:47, Mokona99 wrote:
For me, the PS3 has some really good games so I'm sold. I'm planning on getting one a few months after. The Wi'is concept is nice, but it still has some bugs. In gametrailers.com I was watching the Nintendo representative play Red Steel and knew he was having trouble. Also, the AI seems bad. I thought at least the enemy swordsman would be able to block and instead just kept on getting hit. Though, a plus for Wii is Super Smash Brothers so, I'm mixed on the Wii.

What did you expect the Ai to be like in an E3 demo?

Rainbowlemon
May 16, 2006, 06:27 AM
425 pounds??? No thank you...I'm not paying that much for a multimedia system, that's what my pc is for.

The wii is for me. =_=

Rihcky
May 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
I already have a 360, so I really don't know why I should buy a PS3.

I don't know about the Wii yet. Not that many games interest me, and I dont like the new motionsensing thiing. But guess I'll buy it. I'm just a sucker for Nintendo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rihcky on 2006-05-16 06:23 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 16, 2006, 10:47 AM
I HATE PS. It's something that has grown inside me since I started playing video games. Most ODD games of playstation are random and have NO, I repeat, NO interest for my tastes (rpg/adventure/platform). I detest sport games and stuff, also they haven't got a single, not one representative game hero, such as nintendo has Mario. No mascot at all. If ever I'm getting a new console, it's the revolution with Super smash brothers brawl for the sake of seeing my old friends of snes and game boy black and white. I've only played pso on gc, psu will be on pc. The only time I've used a playstation was for FFVIII, never touched again!

RoninJoku
May 16, 2006, 10:54 AM
Ever since I watched as the selection of games for my Sega Saturn dwindled while the selection of games for the Playstation (that I didn't have) grew to ridiculous amounts with absurd selections, I have had a loathing for Playstation... Eventually I picked up a PS2 to play all the FF games I had missed... And picked up some other gems along the way... But for 600$ and a piece of my soul and dignity... I will not give in... >.<

Shrevn
May 20, 2006, 11:39 AM
I just got my 360 and im dissapointed... so i'll await the ps3 but wont preorder that thing is a scam ill wait till its in stores 2-3 months later and theres a bigger game selection.

REJ-
May 20, 2006, 01:18 PM
I won't get any of the systems until they've all been out for at least half a year.

Xaos127
May 21, 2006, 12:34 AM
Oh yes, the power of temptation.
The 360 and Wii don't really appeal to me, FFXIII on the other hand...I WANT IT, NOW, PLEASE, THANKS.