PDA

View Full Version : dc rates impossible!...almost

meimeilee
May 12, 2006, 08:42 PM
why are dc rates so high its like the game wants you to play loooong hours to find some rares...but theres nothing more satisfying for me to see a weapon with[cane sign]?SPECIAL WEAPON,that makes it all worth it

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 12, 2006, 08:47 PM
Tricky programming.

You'll either play your ass off to find anything useful or just give up and say screw it, its not gonna happen.

Then a rare drops and messes with your head causing you to rethink your situation.

That, AND the Dreamcast versions were the first and hardly super balanced in any form.

Edit:

Oh and if they were easy to find, they wouldn't be called rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-05-12 18:47 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
May 13, 2006, 01:18 PM
meimeilee......the rarity is the LESS IMPORTANT.
i will say it again, the less important
lavis cannon, some noobs think that just because this weapon is rare it must be good, well, a common red saber can easily beat it
lavis blade......the red dagger is:
-more common
-more atp if grinded
-more ata

so you see rarity does not matter
every id has is common items, the ones that are impossible, every id can catch one
just yesterday found the parts of "68000", rare....1/4000 (+-), if it is usefull, one day maybe.
same as for the mags, on ver.2 every rare mag is a crap (find it out yourself)
and.....% can change the entire game, so this is the main reason that i have 3 red handguns in my inventory and have beaten 3 zones in 1 hour.....
if you find a rare weapon like 1/800.000 then you must be happy, but think again.....
are you happy because it is rare, or are you happy because it is good?

Saffran
May 14, 2006, 04:19 AM
To be honest, the lavis weapons have more ATA than the red ones on DC.
Also, 1/4000 isn't even remotely close to being rare...

meimeilee
May 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
well yetserday i found a ranger field with 4 slots..is that good considering its an ultimate type rare

DC_PLAYER
May 15, 2006, 03:56 AM
did you hear what i said meimeilee
and saffran, when i said rare........1/4000 was because it was no very rare.
so next time say something that actualy help players
ranger field, i can be found casually but a 4 slot one is a good one

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 04:15 AM
Extremely rare means this: 1/28028 => guld/milla/lavis type/etc...
Also you may have 1/22 for rare monster items, you need to multiply the probs to get the actual prob of the item:
=> 1/22 x 1/512 = 1/11264
Ouch... -_-

DC_PLAYER
May 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
exept that ver.2 player the rare criatures are 1/1024.
when i reach lvl 200 i will hunt the twin blaze for collecting at the drop rate of 1/114*1/1024
i will say it again focus less on the rarity and more on the stats.
why do i have in the bank a luminous field and i wear a sense plate, why do i have a preta,chao,robochao and i wear a bana? it all depends on you...

Ryna
May 15, 2006, 10:38 AM
Compounding the problem is the fact that you can't find rare weapons in quests. You have to do regular runs if you want to find anything.

When I was active on Version 2, it was generally just easier to play challenge mode and earn a S-Rank weapon.

Zarbolord
May 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
Well, that's how it is, too bad...

xjustsumloser
May 15, 2006, 03:25 PM
well on the private servers they are working on reworking the droprates for PC. so if a PC user makes the room then the Dreamcast players will play by their new drop rates. They already rebalanced FO's for PC to make them be able to do decent damage in ULT. and of course quests are being released to help get stuff. In Aleron Ives Christmas Quest after 5 ULT runs u can earn a magcell of yoru choice w00t.

but yea it pays off. red weps and sranks are the best thing to get you through untill u find osmething.

DC_PLAYER
May 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
finding something good isn't hard
i have lot's of common weapons with high % to make the game easy
meimeilee is a force so techs are not my strong.
the submit moon is the best for now