PDA

View Full Version : Are you a cheater? No? Then how do you do 1000 damage?

Bot-Bot
May 13, 2006, 11:39 PM
If your a cheater, is there a reason to lie about it? Apparently, yes. Read this somewhat amusing anecdote, maybe there is a reason. >.>;;

Anyway, today when playing online in a group of 3 (all legits) another person joins. So, we drop a pipe, tell him to come in, he is all nice , says Hello. But, when he got into the game, he wielded a TJS and Angel Wings (he was level 65). So, I looked at it and said to him;
"ummm... are you legit?"
He replies. "yes"

So, I shrugged it off until we got a room with critters. BOOM! 1000 damage, and again, and again. kills all enemies without any of the other 3 to even hit them. So, I start a "friendly" conversation with this guy.

Me - "Hey, what are the % on that sword"
him - "0"
Me - "Well, whats your mags stats"
him - "12/188/0/0" (or something like that)
Me - "Well, are your stats maxed?"
him - "no"
Me(starting to get pissed) - "Ok, I'll brb"

So, I went to check the damage calc. As it turns out, a level 65 HUneweral should only do 300ish to a hard evil shark. And even with level 30 shifta and zalure, AND 100% on NA, he would do 600 damage. So, i went to tell him the news.

Me - "I just ran the numbers through a damage calc, and its impossible to do 1000 damage with that char"
him - "im legit, the sword is real"
Me - " did you read what I just said? it's IMPOSSIBLE"

Then after that he stopped arguing about PSO alltogether, and made "ur mom" jokes against me. Basically this was a round about way of saying, if your non-legit JUST TELL ME GODDAMNIT, DON'T LIE ABOUT IT.

CupOfCoffee
May 13, 2006, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately, really the only thing left to say is "welcome to PSO." Or more broadly, "welcome to the Internet."

Unfortunately, whenever people have the opportunity to interact with each other anonymously, there will be a percentage who see nothing inappropriate about lying, cheating, stealing, and engaging in other acts of relative douche baggery. Equally unfortunately, there's nothing much anyone can do about it, especially on PSO. Usually the least stressful way to get past this type of situation is just to accept that "legitimacy" is a very soft science and virtually nobody will share your exact take on it. Armed with this perspective, it's much easier to see other aspects of a person's online personality instead of just taking one look at their J-Sword and saying, "Well, there's no way this guy could be a team player." Most people will react with kindness when shown it first, even in the mostly anonymous setting of PSO.

I mean, if someone's obviously a jerk or a racist or a constant EXP hog, there's no reason you should have to give them the benefit of the doubt. But starting out with a gentler approach when you suspect someone of being a cheater is often enough to bring out the better side of their personalit, J-Sword or not. Keep it in mind and I promise this game won't seem so dark and lonely all the time. Spoken from experience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sgt_Shligger
May 14, 2006, 12:03 AM
Well, people seem to think I hack. I'm starting to get over it now. If people really believe it, then there is no real way to prove it to them. The hacker you spoke of... I know exactly how it feels when you encounter a hacker who denies they are hacking. If anyone has played Counter Strike against a hacker, it's a nightmare. THe hacking is caught by: they auto-aim to heads, faster at everything, see through and shoot through walls, no your position at all times, and many otehr advantages.

I dealt with a hacker jsut like this... he was sniping. His first couple ehad shots were passed off as "skill" but after 28 kills with a scout.. all headshots, people started catching on. He tried to deny he was hacking as he head sho people without his scope on.

There is no sense in arguing with hackers. They play how they wish and it is not our right to yell at them because we don't like their method of play, whether we are right or not.

Dre_o
May 14, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well, what Cup says is true. The only option is to look at the bright side (no matter how god forsakenly dim it is), or not look at their ugly ass at all and leave.

(heh, relative douche baggery, heh)

Neith
May 14, 2006, 08:04 AM
As soon as I saw 'Angel Wings' and 'TJS' I didn't need to read any more.

best_sato134
May 14, 2006, 10:07 AM
hey here's a you might beat a hand to hand hacker for EXP w/ a force:
1. play a force
2. have jellen or somthing like that
3. run ahead of him and/or her
4 cast the damn spell!!!

Wyndham
May 14, 2006, 01:32 PM
I'm glad I played a HUmar for the first weeks of the Dreamcast days, as there was almost no cheating, and people would have a laugh over someone saying "LOL BO.OBS".

sprky585
May 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
yeah, there are people i played with on PSOX that when i go into a game and see them doing 1000+ damage at level 80ish i ask them, "so are u legit", and i watch his character, and he switches mags, changes his weapon, turns around and says "now i am" and everyone in the room died out laughing and just started baggin on him, callin him a retard and saying how hes a hacker and never will be legit and the kid started screaming and just left, very funny

Eulogy21
May 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
I knew a guy who was lvl. 156 who claimed to be legit. I stopped playing pso for about a month and a half and when I came back, he was lvl. 200. He said he was leveling like crazy since I left, but I knew that he was lying. Even if he could level in that amount of time, he was still a college student and had a job.

He later presented his "legit" dark flow when we went into a game. I asked him where he got it, he said from the P.G.F. I reminded him that it isn't obtainable. He countered by saying that it does drop...just not very often. So Flow, I know how you feel. Sometimes it's just blantently obvious that people are lying.

Bot-Bot
May 16, 2006, 03:03 PM
Eulogy, you have to remember, I go by Bot-Bot on the forums, not Flowgajoe. XD

@CupofCoffee: I know what your saying, but I don't understand why there is a need to lie about it.

Solstis
May 16, 2006, 07:05 PM
I played as a legit or "hacker" depending on who(m?) I was playing with. That's not enough for some people.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 16, 2006, 11:53 PM
On 2006-05-16 17:05, Solstis wrote:
I played as a legit or "hacker" depending on who(m?) I was playing with. That's not enough for some people.

I had these sort of sentiments when I talked to people around here. It isn't that big an issue anymore for me.

Its a pick your poison type of thing.

As long as you have your fun without doing it at another's expense, its fine.

I think the majority agree that the malicious Hex codes placed into the program through whatever means to create problems with other players, are off limits and do not wish to associate with anyone who does this.

I gave up using super powered unobtainable through normal means weapons way back in DC when I didn't know any better and learned not to cheat. I met some cool people and was better off for it I believe.

Shrevn
May 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
Its the internets dude LOL everyone has to lie specially because they bring out their alter egos out here and they know that most of the time they wont get caught....
Try using myspace for example (one of the prime reasons why im so against online dating) I was talking to a chick there for a couple of weeks Aim emails bla bla basic stuff about a month into it she didnt live too far off so i said i woudl go meet her... she blocked me off her aim changed her myspace etc etc... im thinking to myself uhh ok... lol why exactly would she do that... but w/e i dont really care... lil do i know i find her same pics on another profile but her age was different, location etc etc was all different i talked to her trhu a different screename etc etc end up finding out those pics are all fake just like she is. Shes some fat white chick from missouri.
Now i understand if you're ugly you'd wanna hide that but exactly how is that helping your self esteem...

Nai_Calus
May 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
Now see, I used to use some dupes and the occasional h4x0rz, but at least I was honest about it. Yes, I did find x, no I didn't find y, oh come on, z doesn't even EXIST, do you have to ask? XD; It also depended on the character. Eri was the one who mostly used the hax0rz(Sure, I did eventually replace the hax0red S-Rank Needle with a real earned one once Ep2 Challenge Mode actually came out, but there's no denying that the Yasminkov 9000M with a Charge special and 381% Hit is just plain WRONG. XD Makes me wanna make a baby RAcast, max-stat it and take it into multimode with my FOmar to see the potential unholy carnage of a max-ATP RAcast with L30 Shifta and a monster with L30 Zalure and that little bit of nastiness...).

But I've got to admit to being a little 'eh' about the whole thing. Now, the OP's example was an asshat, but my main criteria for playing with someone is if they have a reasonable degree of skill and are a reasonably cool person to play with.

Then again, if the player has a reasonable degree of skill and is reasonably cool, they generally don't use 1308 mags or J-swords or crap like that. XP

...'Course, I never had much problem keeping up with people who DID when I'd randomly go join games on Vega 1 way back when, so what the hell do I know. HUmars get J/Z too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nixia
Jun 2, 2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe they lie about it, because they want to be thought of as skilled players? Iono.

DonRoyale
Jun 2, 2006, 08:19 PM
Well, my friend Jay has SJS and can do 1000+ damage to ULTIMATE monsters (He's level 116) with 30 Zalure, under 30 Shifta.

Still, did you calculate material usage and unit items? He could have G/Power and maxed pow mat usage.

Plus, what's his level?