PDA

View Full Version : File Corruption

ZeroSoul
May 15, 2006, 04:59 AM
How do you know if your file has corrupted?

Neith
May 15, 2006, 06:36 AM
When you try playing with the affected memory card, you'll get a message saying it has.

If it's your character file, when you try selecting a character, you'll get a message along the lines of 'The Character File in Slot A is corrupt and cannot be used'

ZeroSoul
May 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
What about the message on xbox?

A2K
May 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
I imagine you would get a similar message... but I've never heard of it happening on Xbox ever.

TheStoicOne
May 31, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah it never happened to me, but I also play on GC, and the corrupt error occured the day before yesterday on me for the first time, all I did was push my mem card in abit more and the message left........wierd?

Jozon
Jun 1, 2006, 02:53 PM
sometimes, it's not corrupted, but it can't be read properly, since your card may have been only partially in, it would start reading, and then get hung up mid way through, the symptoms of corruption. I don't think that could happen on an Xbox since it's internal memory, but if you saved it to an xbox card, it could happen just as easily, but I don't really know of many who would save it on a card, since most of the xbox owners have live.

HUcasealsRULE
Jun 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
Has anyone reported corruption if they's only played offline? I've got a LVL 121 HUcaseal I'm pretty attached to, and since I can't make a back-up I'm concerned about making a try for 200 if corruption is an issue.

I've never had a file corrupt on the Cube, and I'm just wondering if it might be an issue with online players only during saves.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 4, 2006, 07:34 PM
No, I've been corrupted offline before. This was before I was smart enough to consult tech support stickies from PSOW forums before deleting everything -_-

HUcasealsRULE
Jun 4, 2006, 07:44 PM
So the stickies have information on how to avoid that? I'll take a look. I've got 255 hours in (why does it tell you how much of your life it has stolen anyways?) and really don't want to wind up losing the character if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks!

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 4, 2006, 08:00 PM
Well they don't necessarily tell how to avoid it (except to to pay attention to the part where the GC says "DON'T TURN OFF POWER WHILE SAVING"), but there are a few things on the bottom of the post that might work as possible fixes if it ever does happen. They're just hypothetical though, and not gaurenteed to work.

HUcasealsRULE
Jun 4, 2006, 08:12 PM
I checked them out, thanks for the heads-up. Good to know there's options if the worst occurs. I haven't had any trouble with the memory card yet... but there's always a first time.

Chaos37
Oct 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah it happened to me to it said Character file corrupt and must be deleted. If anybody knows how to resolve this problem plz reply. I had a 86 hunter a 60 force and a 46 ranger. Plz reply somebody.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 21, 2006, 06:22 AM
If you were online try deleting your Guild Card file and see if that works, if you had to turn it off during a save though, you're out of luck, also it depends on which type of memory card you're using; if it's third party, you'll probably out of luck too, PSO tends to despise memory cards not made by Nintendo, but then again it all depends on if you play Online as well...and IIRC the only good memory card that's third party if the AR card sooo...yeah.