PDA

View Full Version : Importers: Leveling Report

Phobos-X
Oct 14, 2002, 07:24 AM
Ive heard that its easier to level up in psogc, what i want to know is how much easier. so i have a few questions:

1. what character do you have?
2. how many hours a week/day to you play with that character
3. how long have you had the character

thanks

Wewt
Oct 14, 2002, 08:12 AM
Saying it's easier is a little off the mark. Faster would be more accurate.

My new HUcast sucks compared to my old one on the Dreamcast. It's harder running around in Ult Ruins with a... Gae Bolg. I really need some S-Rank goodness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My force however, pwns. I can do almost 900 damage with Grants on Dark Belras. This is only offline mode, but still... 900 damage.

On topic:

1. what character do you have?

HUcast - lv104
FOmar - lv82
RAcaseal - lv42
HUmar - lv12

2. how many hours a week/day to you play with that character
3. how long have you had the character

I'll be lazy and answer both questions at once(they're really the same, anyway..)

HUcast - 116 hours
FOmar - 82 hours
RAcaseal - 26 hours
HUmar - 4 hours

Scan_Man
Oct 14, 2002, 08:42 AM
My character is a fonewearl. I'm currently at level 137 with 259 hours. I play about 4-10 hours on weekdays. Which is less compared to my 8-15 hours on v2. Great thing about gc pso is I get the same leveling results with fewer hours than v2.

I hope to be in the 142-146 range by Wednesday. I'm like the 2nd highest impoter in level. Anisha is the highest at an amazing 153. I need to get that high by end of Sunday.

ginko990
Oct 14, 2002, 10:28 AM
you guys seem to be making it a chore rather then fun...

But congrats, how long you think til your on lvl 200 Scan? How many hours did you have at lvl 200 on DC?

Scan_Man
Oct 14, 2002, 10:42 AM
On 2002-10-14 08:28, ginko990 wrote:
you guys seem to be making it a chore rather then fun...

But congrats, how long you think til your on lvl 200 Scan? How many hours did you have at lvl 200 on DC?

Leveling my character is fun to me. As for 200 on gc, I have no clue as of right now. Since I do not know the total exp for 200 on gc. It looks like I will be near 200 by December, or sooner. For dc it took me 8 months to get to 200 and my total hours were 1153.

HC82
Oct 14, 2002, 02:14 PM
I heard that your characters are only able to consume a limited amount of materials.

Also, how fast does your TP regenerate while standing, scan? At your current level I'd asume it should be somewhat fast.

Scan_Man
Oct 14, 2002, 04:29 PM
On 2002-10-14 12:14, HC82 wrote:
I heard that your characters are only able to consume a limited amount of materials.

Also, how fast does your TP regenerate while standing, scan? At your current level I'd asume it should be somewhat fast.

Yes you can only consume about 150 materials. However this does not include HP mats. I screwed up in this department and consumed any mat I saw. Now I'm stuck with 20 luck for the rest of the game.

As for tp regen. Wow it gets really fast at my level. I have not actually timed it, but if I stand still for 10 secs I can recover about 35 tp.

HC82
Oct 14, 2002, 06:03 PM
Excellent, that means you can finally customize your character to some degree. I guess ST was reading and listening to us.

TP regen at the rate you mention sounds cool. I had heard it was painfully slow. But I heard humans can use 100 more mats, +200 more in a single stat. Since they lack this ability.

I was wondering, if your standing still and chain casting techs, are you regenerating TP in between those casts? Is that TP regen effect immediate the moment you stand still, or does it take a short time before it kicks in? I know when I play PSO, standing still for more then a second is a rare occurence, unless Iam waiting for the next wave to spawn. I would want to use and abuse my TP regen every moment I get without slowing down the team or my progress.

Thanks for answering scan.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 14, 2002, 11:05 PM
How much easier would you say leveling is now Scan?

WEBSTER
Oct 15, 2002, 12:04 AM
i really like the idea of limited mat use..........but damn lvling now sounds to easy, by the time it comes state side every importer are goin to be lvl 200...... are rares now easy to find as levelin is?

Scan_Man
Oct 15, 2002, 12:39 AM
On 2002-10-14 16:03, HC82 wrote:
Excellent, that means you can finally customize your character to some degree. I guess ST was reading and listening to us.

TP regen at the rate you mention sounds cool. I had heard it was painfully slow. But I heard humans can use 100 more mats, +200 more in a single stat. Since they lack this ability.

I was wondering, if your standing still and chain casting techs, are you regenerating TP in between those casts? Is that TP regen effect immediate the moment you stand still, or does it take a short time before it kicks in? I know when I play PSO, standing still for more then a second is a rare occurence, unless Iam waiting for the next wave to spawn. I would want to use and abuse my TP regen every moment I get without slowing down the team or my progress.

Thanks for answering scan.

At low levels tp regen is extremely slow. Like wait almost a minute for one tp. Now I as soon as I stop moving I gain tp at a really fast rate. When doing chain techs you might get one tp in.

On 2002-10-14 21:05, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
How much easier would you say leveling is now Scan?

Well let me start off and say I'm at 138 and I have not even had the game for a month. On dc it took me 2 months to get that high. There is more exp from monsters and bosses now. Added to the fact you need less exp to level up. With my fonewearl its a freakin cake walk now. I don't use a weapon at all when doing my leveling routine, and I do not think I'll ever will. I do have a sting tip equiped for mst boost and for attacking in cases when I'm out of tp with no fluid.

That brings up another thing. Techs require more tp to cast. In v2 I could get through ult ruins with a team with on average 2 difluids left and 4 trifluids at the end. In gc, I do not want to count how many trips I need to take to buy more fluids. They screw you even more. Fluids cost a little more too and money is hard to come by. I have yet to have over 200k stored in my bank. Rares only give 10 meseta for selling them now. You have to depend on selling common weapons and armor (and your teamates will be picking them up too for the same reasons). Many times I wanted to attemp to do HS or do ruins, and just flat didn't have to resources to do so. The last thing that kinda pisses me off is trifluids aint always in the store to buy. I've tried piping to get the trifluids in the store, and it only worked for me a few times.

Scan_Man
Oct 15, 2002, 01:05 AM
On 2002-10-14 22:04, WEBSTER wrote:
i really like the idea of limited mat use..........but damn lvling now sounds to easy, by the time it comes state side every importer are goin to be lvl 200...... are rares now easy to find as levelin is?

A lot of rares are easier to find and some are not. Almost all the v1 rares are easy to find (yup including lavis cannon). AS for v2 rares, sega seemed to make the common stuff rare and the rare stuff common. Elysion, guard wave, sacred cloth(needs level 144 to use now), and hildebear head are commom to semi-common in gc. Red handgun is hard to find now. I found one from killing a Pal rappy in offline ult forest. A red saber also dropped once in one of my games. There are other common v2 rares I have yet to see, like twinkle star and summit moon. Also, where are the god units? One person found a god mind in ult EP2 i believe, but thats it. I did find a new rare unit though called cure shock. Its good since all characters get shock paralysis now. In my opinion shock is the most annoying status affect.

The best part I like about the rare system is everyone can now easily find rare armor and rare shields. Find some addslots and your set.

TedEdFred
Oct 15, 2002, 04:14 AM
I have a level 63 or something FOnewearl (I have been really busy and haven't played at all really since saturday. I was getting 10 levels every day last week. I think my hours are somewhere around 60 maybe more, but I only looked like once. And I've done lots of lobby standing, idleing and mag feeding. My RAmarl is level 66 she got there pretty fast I think but I havn't really played her for about 3 weeks I think. My FOmar was hard getting started he has about 35 hours and is level 15, I haven't played him since the first week I got the game. My other characters are level 10 or less so they aren't worth mentioning.

I'm kinda not sure how much/if at all I will play this game, prioities have kind of shifted as of recently and everytime I play I wonder if I should be putting more time into it. I'm not sure though.

Phobos-X
Oct 15, 2002, 05:05 AM
hey thanks for the feedback everyone, i remember how long it took to hit 100 in v1 and i hated it after a while. of course it was only 4 stages, not the 8 well 4 new in pso gc