PDA

View Full Version : I am the most finely tuned fanboy detector in existence.

KodiaX987
May 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
I'm fully equipped. It's almost second nature to me now. So easy you wouldn't believe it yourself.

Think about it. I have a Dreamcast. My graphics card is a GS. I use Windows 2000. My favorite Genesis emulator program is Gens. I listen to trance music from artists nobody's ever heard about. That alone takes care of at least 90% of the Internet's population.

Because:

I was told numerous times to "get a real graphics card". Despite the fact that I am sure most who said that have never even seen a 7600 GS graphics card in their life since they swear by anything that says "GT X-treme" on it. Yet, with my GS card, I can run Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion at 1024x768 resolution and decent graphics, Need For Speed Most Wanted at max resolution and settings, and FEAR at max resolution and settings. And it cost me only half the price of the "better and more popular" 7800 series GTX.

I was told numerous times to "get a real console". Many of those suggestions came from hopelessly hypocritic people, such as one person I know who cries out loud that Microsoft is the root of all evil and nobody should trust them, and yet owns an Xbox and Xbox 360 with deluxe package, bought Windows XP as soon as it came out and will buy Windows Vista as soon as it comes out. Also, here's some news for you: the Dreamcast was one of the least expensive consoles to buy at launch date. 199$ US. It has the most games I happen to like. And yet, when people see me playing, the first thing they shit out of their mouths is: "man the graphics are crap, why don't you get a real console?"

I was ordered to stop posting until I got a "better OS than Windows 2000". Actually, mentioning Windows 2000 alone was enough to spark a 4-page flamewar on GameFAQs. A great many people answered my tech support problems by immediately blaming Windows 2000... yet it turned out to be the culprit in zero cases so far.

When I told people I used Gens as my emulator, I was asked why I liked to "use outdated emulators (http://gens.consolemul.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=004c93f3f9a8f4af5d11554e93cb7c85;a ct=ST;f=4;t=946;r=1)", although Gens has run perfectly for me 99% of the time and is both faster and easier to use than most "modern" emulators.

Then there was my fruitless search for a particular Accuface track:
* Shurikane wonders why so few people share Accuface stuff... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
[costy2k5] have you considered the possibility that accuface is shit?

If Accuface "is shit", then why do I have some of their tracks on my own CDs? And by my own CDs, I mean CDs that I have cut and mixed for myself by only taking the best parts of the tunes I like. Oh, and nevermind the fact that I used to find Accuface in spades back when WinMX was online.

See? I don't even need to try and fanboys all flock over to me, desperately hoping to convert me to their electronic religion since they know it's currently impossible to reach through the Internet and rip their eyes out. Naturally, all logic and reason is futile. Just as an example, on a support request at GameFAQs, I solved by problem by page 4 and explained what had been the source of the problem, which was my graphic card drivers. The thread went on for another page with people still blaming Windows 2000.

Now, just try to convince me the world is beautiful.

Blue-Hawk
May 18, 2006, 09:57 AM
Just tell them what I tell everyone who yells at me for not having an Xbox/360/PS2 or still use AND LIKE, I might add, IE and an old 9800 pro, need a new AGP card since I don't have PCIexpress.

Take your right hand, pull out the middle finger and tell them to go fuck themselves. What they think about you and what you like is completely irrelevent. It's what YOU like and want to do/use. As you demonstrated in the past is that you are NOT one of the sheep in the flock. People like that piss me off. It's called individuality for a reason. Fanboyism is just another way to single out others for ridicule and torment by others.

It's amazing as to what ends fanboys will go to try and prove themselves to be in the right.

roygbiv
May 18, 2006, 11:08 AM
See I think the people that you are saying these things to are morons... if this is gamefaqs we are talking about just burn the place down and leave?

People who criticise things without doing there research are somewhat annoying.

Blitzkommando
May 18, 2006, 07:04 PM
Windows 2000 is a very decent platform. For most people it works great, is stable, and has a smaller footprint than Windows XP. If it weren't for some compatibility issues I might even consider it for one of my computers. Apparently people still think that Windows ME and 2000 are identical.

For most people a 7600 series card is overkill. It won't do the ultra-high end resolutions, but again, most people still use 1024x768. If running, say, 1600x1200 or 1920x1080, then yes, a 7800 GT(X) or 7900 GT(X) would make more sense. But if all the person is using is 1024x768 then those would simply be overkill. SLI and CrossFire modes even more so.

I often play my SNES, N64, and other older systems and enjoy doing so. I do have a Dreamcast but it has few games I really enjoyed. Still, I see no reason to assault someone for their choice in which console they enjoy. Some games are like fine wine, they get better with age.

As for unusual music tastes, I find myself tuning out to such wonderful things as the "Super Mario Compact Disco" or "Orchestral Game Concert" (I through V), all the way through to things like Rhapsody In Blue. Music is the taste of the individual and sometimes the most obscure can be some of the most interesting, and even beautiful. Or just down right entertaining. Who would've thought something called "COSMIC PSYCHO" could have such nice melodies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2006-05-18 17:04 ]</font>

opaopajr
May 20, 2006, 02:06 AM
you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, your skies are happy when i am blue...! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

you should also state you prefer turn-based over RTS, 2D hand drawn over 3D polygonal art design, and cohesive (even if simple) stories over "annual cliche' extravaganza remix v.2." then you can radiate your anti-fanboi-feedback transmission, pissing all of them off in a 20 mile radius, and attracting them to you for immediate flaming. and then you'll be just like me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

when they get really testy i bust out my saturn and sega master system... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif can we say "head explody"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2006-05-20 00:07 ]</font>