PDA

View Full Version : ok about pso bb...

jkrox4eva
May 18, 2006, 05:48 PM
yess i am wondering... should i spend less money for a desktop that is better than this crappy pentium 3 that barely supports internet, or should i get a laptop and play pso bb wirelessly... thats what im wondering bcuz i want pso bb badly but i dont have a good computer, yet alone my own computer, so yeah im just wondering, its either:

1. Desktop
2. Laptop

(plus idk if laptops can support pso bb so please any info will help)

Nomahend
May 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
eh.... im not so sure you would want to play it with wireless internet... unless you trust your provider fully and have a good receiver on both ends. But even so, id stick with desktops, heres why. Most people play pso for 1-2hour increments. Laptops (generally) heat up and lag after long spans of time. So if your someone who plays pso constantly and want a good gaming experience. Go for a PC with a good graphics/monitor package.

jkrox4eva
May 18, 2006, 06:41 PM
hmm yess i think i shall stick with a desktop until i get a good job and can afford something allong the lines of alienware... but then again by that time they will have lots of new pso games so. idk ill stick with a desktop.

Nomahend
May 18, 2006, 07:01 PM
i wouldnt say that... they only just are planning on releasing PSU. Its been what... four years since PSO1&2 came out... and 1 or 2 since BB (not quite sure)

Blitzkommando
May 18, 2006, 07:11 PM
Laptops generally come with some of the worst built in graphics accelerators. Heck, that's if you are lucky to get one with an accelerator. Also consider that the clock speeds for the memory, the graphics memory, and graphics clock speed are also reduced from their desktop brethern in order to consume less power and produce less heat. If you are planning on playing more than just PSOBB, which, I really hope you are if you are getting a new PC for, even if just occasional gaming. That and the price for performance ratio is much more appealing for desktops than laptops. You can easily build a decent gaming machine, not a monster by any means, but decent for $800. Spend a bit more and you can easily have a machine that will last a good three or more years.

jkrox4eva
May 19, 2006, 06:35 AM
... 800$ dang... im just about to leave 8'th grade... (i hope) but when i get a job that wont become 2 much i dont think...

BahnKnakyu
May 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
Two things.

If you want to Internet game, DO NOT GET WIRELESS INTERNET. It will piss you off to no end and it'll honestly be your damn fault for causing it. It's great for everything else but for a game that requires a steady connection. These things don't happen when you have wireless Internet.

Second, get a desktop. A desktop is cheaper AND it's meant to be a gaming machine. Laptops are often built with compromises to certain things to make it "fit", and this usually means having a lower speed graphics card, or may suffer heat problems, amongst many other things you won't have problems with if, you know, you were smart and you got a desktop first. You use your laptop as a mobile working computer, not as a gaming computer. If you really want to play games, stay away from a laptop.

Wireless + laptop = possibilities of problems. I know people will chime in to say they have no problems, but I think I've talked to a fair enough number of people who actually had problems to say you can avoid yourself the pain if you just save yourself money and get wired Internet and a desktop instead.

Corey
May 19, 2006, 10:30 AM
I've gotten a laptop and wireless for gaming...
lemme just say although graphics and heat aren't truly a problem (nor speed,but it's a good computer), wireless was a mistake.
I went out and bought an ethernet cable just because of this terrible thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Neith
May 19, 2006, 01:14 PM
Yes, I played Diablo 2 on my laptop's wireless connection, and got randomly d/c'd all the time. Was really annoying.

I actually use a Dell desktop *is shot*, a Dimension 5000. It, on the whole has been a good machine, stable, and powerful enough to play PSO:BB, Guild Wars and UT2004 on decent settings. The only things that have gone wrong with it are the optical mouse doesn't play well on the standard mousemat, and the standard Dell speakers really sucked. Other than that, the actual tower has been really reliable.

However, my brother has a Dimension 5100 (the replacement of mine, I guess), with almost identical specs, and his has been a bit unreliable (overheating USB ports, slower loading times, even though they're identical machines almost).

But, if you're a bit strapped for cash, Dell isn't THAT bad.

jkrox4eva
May 19, 2006, 03:50 PM
yeah, i was thinking something along the lines of dell or one of those desktops that come with the core duo processers. if not, i will be making my own. (if money permits) come summer time i will have a job tho,, so yay