PDA

View Full Version : my friend is being a retard

BeeYee
May 19, 2006, 07:45 PM
my friend is being a dummy and thinks rainbow baton is better than the Tsumikiri J-sword... hes being a real retard. please take the poll just so i can prove him wrong.

Nomahend
May 19, 2006, 07:56 PM
Its a matter of opinion i suppose... Slicers are generally faster unless you have battle units... but the TJS is rarer and way more powerful... i say dont worry about what he thinks..

BeeYee
May 19, 2006, 08:06 PM
but if the TJS is close range, cant it hit the same amount of enemies probably. i hate slicers

Nomahend
May 19, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yes it can, btw im just wondering... but why don't you just tell him the Rainbow baton is better... then ask him to trade for the TJS? hah that what i would do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dhylec
May 19, 2006, 08:15 PM
Well, it's a matter of preference/style & availability.
Without getting into technical stuff, just look at the obvious reasons..
TJS is only usable by Hu, but RB is usable all.
TJS is a close-range weapon, RB is a mid-range weapon.
The stone to make RB is very hard to find, but I think it's still (much) easier than hunting SJS to unlock TJS.
TJS has an exploding dome as its special, RB has unreduced chaos.

I can go on, but it doesn't matter if the player has a certain taste & can only find/use certain weapon.

Eihwaz
May 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-05-19 18:15, Dhylec wrote:
Well, it's a matter of preference/style & availability.
Without getting into technical stuff, just look at the obvious reasons..
TJS is only usable by Hu, but RB is usable all.
TJS is a close-range weapon, RB is a mid-range weapon.
The stone to make RB is very hard to find, but I think it's still (much) easier than hunting SJS to unlock TJS.
TJS has an exploding dome as its special, RB has unreduced chaos.

I can go on, but it doesn't matter if the player has a certain taste & can only find/use certain weapon.

Quoted for truth.

I personally prefer Rainbow Baton to Tsumikiri J-Sword. I have a (duped) TJ Sword, and I'm not that impressed with it. On the other hand, my FOmar uses his 50% Hit Rainbow Baton as his primary multi-hit weapon.

GrumblyStuff
May 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
FUCKING BOTH. Wait, no. Chain Sawd > TJS.

Also, you're both retards. Stop comparing weapons of different type that are useable BY DIFFERENT CHARACTER CLASSES (and/or stop indulging your friend's retardedness).

xxTrystanxx
May 19, 2006, 10:36 PM
I'd have to go with Rainbow Baton. Unreduced Chaos FTW. It's like having confuse traps on a fleshie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aztec_Mystic
May 19, 2006, 11:29 PM
In fact they are different weapons but let me tell you: if someone dropped a rainbow baton in front of me I would just say "Cool!!!" but if the guy dropped a TJS I would just freak out... You can't be indifferent to a weapon like TJS know what I mean?

GrumblyStuff
May 20, 2006, 12:01 AM
The thing about Rainbow Batons is EVERYONE can use them and it's absurdly easy to make on with 50 hit%.

'sides, if people are droping TJSs like meseta and Dimates, what's the point?

BeeYee
May 20, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-05-19 20:27, GrumblyStuff wrote:
FUCKING BOTH. Wait, no. Chain Sawd > TJS.

Also, you're both retards. Stop comparing weapons of different type that are useable BY DIFFERENT CHARACTER CLASSES (and/or stop indulging your friend's retardedness).

that last bit is fun tho, and i really think chain sawd is the best

metatime
May 20, 2006, 02:11 AM
You could easily find a Red sword with better stats then the tjs. Rainbow Baton is good in many situation so I would be using Baton far more then tjs.

tjs is so talked about it because it was the most mysterious weapon in the whole game and to have a legit tjs you must have a certain amount of kills so even after you get the weapon you have to unseal it to get the tjs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-05-20 00:13 ]</font>

Zarbolord
May 20, 2006, 02:52 AM
I'd say rainbow baton for certain reasons, some already mentioned:
- It looks cool
- Easier to make
- All classes can put it
- Good multi-target
- Long range
- It's a slicer, come on! Slicers are cool.

Mewn
May 20, 2006, 03:57 AM
Rainbow Baton is better.

Delfi
May 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
Being the proud owner a legit TJS, i had to vote for it, i believe though these weapons can only be compared once you have hunted and made them - then you can compare otherwise - they really have very little value. The feeling you get when a SJS drops and again when you unseal it is just mind blowingly awesome.Not to mention how cool the special attack looks on the TJS.

Neith
May 20, 2006, 07:34 AM
lol, unanswerable poll.

Youo can't compare a slicer to a sword, they are totally different weapons for a start.

- Different amount of targets
- Different range
- Very different stats
- Different special attacks
- Usable by different classes

They are totally different weapons, you cannot compare a slicer to a sword realistically.

The Tsumikiri J-Sword is extremely powerful, but is HUnter only, and requires a lot of work/dumb luck to obtain.

The Rainbow Baton is one of the best slicers, if Iritista is used on a Slicer with a high amount of Hit%. It is usable by more classes, and has a useful special attack.

They are both nice weapons, and if I were to choose to use one or the other, I'd take the Baton, because the Tsumikiri's special attack fails. But, you can't seriously compare them to each other.

-Crokar-
May 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
i being owner of a legit tjs did not vote for either. i dont really care for slicers and tjs while being strong lacks a good special. i perfer a red sword or a chain sawd over a tjs. when it comes right down to it you cant compare the 2.

Charmander02
May 20, 2006, 11:56 AM
I guess it depends on what item your willing to find and what class you are.

Eros17
May 20, 2006, 12:25 PM
Who's a retard now... NOT ME!

Clover
May 20, 2006, 01:44 PM
lol non comparable. I might as well consider which is better in their respective weapon class. On this I voted Rainbow Baton as it's good atp, should always have at least 50 hit, usable by all classes, and has a usefull special. This makes it one of the best slicers. However, TJS has high atp, it's special sucks, and is extremely rare. I'd say most 10 star swords are better than TJS.

-Crokar-
May 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-05-20 11:44, Clover wrote:
lol non comparable. I might as well consider which is better in their respective weapon class. On this I voted Rainbow Baton as it's good atp, should always have at least 50 hit, usable by all classes, and has a usefull special. This makes it one of the best slicers. However, TJS has high atp, it's special sucks, and is extremely rare. I'd say most 10 star swords are better than TJS.

i wouldnt go to far with the 10 most 10 stars swords being better than a tjs.

Hrigg
May 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
Rainbow Baton is much more useful. My 60 hit Rainbow Baton is arguably one of my favorite weapons.

A fully grinded Red Sword is almost as strong as TJS. TJS is just rare.

Shigecki
May 20, 2006, 03:25 PM
First off he never asked you to compare the two weapons, the only simularity they share is they both do damage and are rare weapons. Funny how most of you who are saying "They can't be compared" have a preference of the two.

Secondly, adding in the drop, one being easier then the other. I believe most of you would say that a drop rate is effected by what it has on it, ie; hit, native and such, making the drop rate higher. With this in mind you're not taking into consideration that the Magic Stone Iritista comes from a rare enemy (1/512 for enemy, 1/22 for item), making it about the same drop rate as a JSword (Iritista:1/11264, Sealed JSword:1/12603). (This isn't really how the drop rates work, but let's all be consistant please).

He didn't ask if the sealed JSword was better, or how to get the item was easier, he asked which do you think is better, the TJS or the Rainbow Baton. Stating what you have to do to get the TJS is like asking which is better the sealed JSword or the Magic Stone Iritista without a slicer. Easy enough, ones a weapon, and the other makes a weapon.

Another fallacy is comparing Red Sword to the TJS. Really no comparison, but let's do it for arguments sake. Red Sword at it's best: +611 to ATP, +37 to ATA and grinds to +52, TJS at it's worst: +700 to ATP, +40 to ATA and grinds to +50. Advantage TJS. Yes the Red Sword has a useful special, but I haven't really witnessed it being used.

Saying the Rainbow Baton is better because it can be used by all classes is not really a good argument either. A Red Saber can be used by all classes, but I would prefer a Spread Needle on my ranger, an MKB on my hunter, etc. Just because every class can use it doesn't make it better. Each weapon has it's purpose for each class.

I do agree that this is a senseless poll, all it is doing is arguing opinions. But at the time of this post 21 people responded to this, so some of us did have interest in saying something.

I prefer swords to slicers, so I guess I would have to say the TJS, but never had any intrest in either weapon.

Clover
May 20, 2006, 03:42 PM
Flowens Sword 3084 and Zanba would outdamage TJS with their specials. Red Sword and Chain Sawd have very usefull specials for a droid. Srank sword can do both. In addition apart from the srank sword they have much lower drop rates which make it easier to have nicely percented ones and can have percent in more areas.

Yeah, I realised I included all the of the non-84 flowens varients. I'd rather ignore those. <.<

Aztec_Mystic
May 21, 2006, 03:53 AM
So Tsumikiri J-Sword owned by Orochi Agito, the blade that was made along the same lines as Agito, with a carved seal on the blade, a 12 star weapon, with a 1/12604 Gi-Gue Skyly unique drop rate and a beautiful photon-meter based energy wave special is not better than a rainbow baton nor a chain sawd. Ok... There are thing I just don't get.

sprky585
May 21, 2006, 07:43 AM
On 2006-05-21 01:53, Aztec_Mystic wrote:
So Tsumikiri J-Sword owned by Orochi Agito, the blade that was made along the same lines as Agito, with a carved seal on the blade, a 12 star weapon, with a 1/12604 Gi-Gue Skyly unique drop rate and a beautiful photon-meter based energy wave special is not better than a rainbow baton nor a chain sawd. Ok... There are thing I just don't get.

the biggest bust of the TJS is the special it does, its nice and all, but it takes away all your photon meter, and the Chain Sawd's special gives you HP, i think, and the RB makes everyone confused, which is alot more helpful than a bunch of blue beams shotting out of the ground and depleting your photon meter IMO

BeeYee
May 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
it could be useful to me because my power level sucks and my mag does no more than 400 with the reindeer. so im thinking the beams would be quite good

GrumblyStuff
May 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
Just look at it this way....

Instead of wasting your PB on that special, you could save it for Mylla&Youlla. If you're playing with other people, then you should most definitely not waste your PB on a stupid special when you could do a 4 player photon blast AT ONCE. I mean, holy crap, 4 players doing 4 PBs will give everyone level 81 (?!) Shifta&Deband (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=877) and THAT is both fucking amazing and god damn ridiculous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

metatime
May 22, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-05-20 13:42, Clover wrote:
Flowens Sword 3084 and Zanba would outdamage TJS with their specials. Red Sword and Chain Sawd have very usefull specials for a droid. Srank sword can do both. In addition apart from the srank sword they have much lower drop rates which make it easier to have nicely percented ones and can have percent in more areas.

Yeah, I realised I included all the of the non-84 flowens varients. I'd rather ignore those. <.<

and Charge partisan or Caliburs can do a great deal with damage with their high hit.

R2D6battlebot
May 22, 2006, 02:17 AM
I'm definitely for the RB for many reasons.
1. Mid-range wep
2. Almost guaranteed to have one with high hit%
3. Equippable by all
4. Easier hunt than the tjs
5. Unreduced chaos
6. More likely to hit multiple enemies; with the tjs you have to have the entire qroup near you
7. I think it looks cooler
8. All of the above

Skorpius
May 22, 2006, 02:44 AM
Many of their elements and attributes are far too different to be properly compared. One is not simply "better" than the other, because I could claim I am a Skyly Hunter with no Redria character or a Redria Force with no Skyly character. Attemping to compare rarity is dependant on characters of the player. For usage, one is a Sword, and the other is a Slicer; different weapons used for different things. On top of that, the Sword is Hunter only, while the Slicer is useable by all characters. A comparison just cannot be done on an overall level.

PJ
May 22, 2006, 06:28 AM
On 2006-05-21 16:05, GrumblyStuff wrote:
Instead of wasting your PB on that special, you could save it for Mylla&Youlla. If you're playing with other people, then you should most definitely not waste your PB on a stupid special when you could do a 4 player photon blast AT ONCE. I mean, holy crap, 4 players doing 4 PBs will give everyone level 81 (?!) Shifta&Deband (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=877) and THAT is both fucking amazing and god damn ridiculous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If you use up a slot for a PB/Create (Not a terrible waste, either), chances are you'll be able to use your PB attack atleast once and be at 100 before your Force/Ranger does (Of course, that depends on if the Ranger is shooting or meleeing, and if the Force is casting or meleeing. If they're both meleeing, it might not be worth it)

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 07:21 AM
Don't forget that you'll end up with a boost/heal/multipleattack/multipleattack combo of lvl 81 if it's coordinated well. Oh, uh... Rainbow baton is betterif you're not a hunter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It's evident.

Aztec_Mystic
May 23, 2006, 03:18 PM
It's exactly because the J-Sword is Hunter only and rare as hell that it's better than the rainbow baton that can be used by every character in the game I mean...what's the big deal. On top of that the special is very strong. It does not only gives a lot of damage 3 times with a combo but it can hit multiple enemies so it comes a lot better than a phonton blast! Despising the special the sword itself is insanely strong!!!
It's not because a weapon is harder to find and exclusive to same character that it is worse than other that's not. it's exactly the opposite!