PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring/Flow DNA

sum182
May 20, 2006, 03:06 PM
I've used this method to obtain a red ring, but i have no video proof yet so here's how, believe me if you want to. I will try to make a video of me finding one but i don't think i can make a video.

Get the Red Ring or Parasitic Gene "Flow" Offline

This is an explanation of how to obtain Red Ring and Parasitic Gene "FLOW" online and offline in a step-by-step process.

1. Any class of character can do this. All HU, RA and FO.
2. Section ID does not seem to be a factor at this point. I used my Skyly HUnewearl to obtain all three of my Gene "FLOW" drops - 1 online and 2 offline.
3. You will need HP draining weapons that don't require you to hit an enemy to deplete your HP. These weapons are:

HUNTERS = Lavis Weapons (Lavis Cannon, Double Cannon, Lavis Blades), Yamigarasu, Soul Eater, Soul Banish.
RANGERS = Yamigarasu, Soul Eater.
FORCES = Dark Bridge, Gal Wind, Soul Eater, Soul Banish (FOmar and FOmarl only)
***You can also try Virus Armor: Lafuteria, Parasite Wear: DeRol, Parasite Wear: Nelgal or Parasite Wear: Vajulla, Luminous Field.***

4. Several Scape Dolls. You will need them.
5. Ultimate difficulty open and Ruins (to get Red Ring on EP1) and Seabed (to get Gene "FLOW" on EP2). You must beat the Central Control Area on Episode 2 to be able to access the Seabed levels.
6. Ryuker technique or a stock of Telepipes
8. LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!!! You'll need it!

================================================== ===

For Parasitic Gene "Flow":

1. Bring a few Scape Dolls with you and a full stock (x10) of Telepipes and fight your way through the Seabed levels.
2. At the end of Seabed Lower Levels is Olga Flow's teleporter. With your Ryuker or a Telepipe, drop your Telepipe down before his teleporter and take it to Pioneer 2. Use this oppurtunity to stock up on your toolz and things you will need for the fight with Olga Flow. Bring Scape Dolls (enough you feel you need for the fight), drop your Meseta on the floor for later (unless you wanna dupe Meseta again), take your HP draining weapon from the bank and place it in inventory (valid weapons are above) and head back down your TP again to return next to Olga's teleporter.
4. Drop another Telepipe or use Ryuker again. You walways want to have an easy way back to the boss's room in case you die (and this trick forces you to die).
5. Now this time, go into Olga's teleporter for the fight against him.
6. Defeat his 2 forms
7. Now equip your HP draining weapon and proceed to use it's special to drain all your HP until you die. If you have any Scape Dolls on you, drop them before you kill yourself or you may waste them when you die. You can also just keep them on you and quickly press "A" to port back to Pioneer 2 before the Scape Doll revives you.
8. You should now be back on Pioneer 2. Go pickup your money and whatever else you dropped on Pioneer 2 earlier and head back down the telepipe you set before the fight with Olga.
9. Head into Olga's chamber again and then look around on the floor. If you see any red box, that is your Parasitic Gene "FLOW". If not, SAVE your game and redo it (offline).

For Red Ring:

1. To get the Red Ring, you will basically be doing the same thing as you do for the Gene FLOW. But this time, you will do this on Episode 1 Ultimate difficulty and you must battle your way through the Ruins until you get to Falz.
2. Once at the teleporter to Dark Falz, do the same steps as your did for Olga - - Drop your Telepipe or cast Ryuker to always have access to P2 and Boss's chamber.
3. Get your Scape Dolls (as much as you feel you need for your skill level) and your HP draining weapon and return back to Ruins 3 to go to Falz. Don't forget to drop your Telepipes or cast Ryuker when you return to Falz or Olga especially if you are doing this ONLINE.....unless you like running through the whole Ruins 3 or Seabed Lower Levels everytime.
4. Kill Falz in all his forms. Then do your Suicide (OFFLINE). Return back to your TP and see if you got a Red Ring. If not, SAVE and repeat until you get one. You will be doing this a long time so have patience.

Hope it works for you!!

Skorpius
May 20, 2006, 03:28 PM
Sorry, no.

Hrigg
May 20, 2006, 07:20 PM
That has been tested and does not work. Sorry.

DonRoyale
May 20, 2006, 07:36 PM
And we're supposed to believe the theory of someone who has 6 posts vs. the theory of all the mods?

Yeah, you fail.

Please insert quarter to try again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

REJ-
May 20, 2006, 09:13 PM
When you make the video, we might believe you (even though the video might be edited)

Or if you want a credible source, take a digital camera and use that to record it. There's no effect that can simulate the bad resolution of the camera filming the screen. To make sure it's 100% legit, film the TV with a clock beside it, that way there's no way it could have been edited. Or better yet, use an hour glass (with sand in it) instead of a clock so that not even a pro can edit the video.

Follow those steps, and we'll believe that you can find Red Ring and PG:F legitimately.

trypticon
May 20, 2006, 10:01 PM
Even better would be to not post a script off a site that is no longer up and claim it as your own experience.

sum182
May 20, 2006, 10:51 PM
alright, i knew noone would believe me but anyway, for the video, whats an hourglass, you mean just put one by my tv cause i have no idea what you mean by putting one in. this may take a while, it took me around 60 tries to get one, got some nice exp. though.

concussionman
May 20, 2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.thermometershop.co.uk/images/Hour_Glass_1.jpg
have it in the video next to the tv losing sand so that you can show that the movie hasn't been edited.

Skorpius
May 21, 2006, 01:18 AM
Funny how, in the three (plus) years that PSOGC has been around, the only people that have ever "found" Red Ring and the Gene have been no-name people who have absolutely no proof, and suddenly disappear after no one believes them.

EJ
May 21, 2006, 02:36 AM
I have tried that theory myself and that does not work.

Unless you have video proof or I do it myself since that would give me an excuse to lvl to 200.

Muzuki
May 21, 2006, 03:34 PM
i thought u defeat olga flow w/ a red weapon and dark falz w/ a dark weapon offlne? some1 posted that in the internet.

DonRoyale
May 21, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-05-21 13:34, Muzuki wrote:
i thought u defeat olga flow w/ a red weapon and dark falz w/ a dark weapon offlne? some1 posted that in the internet.

Yeah, and I someone posted that aliens exist on the internet too. >_>

Ketchup345
May 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-05-21 13:34, Muzuki wrote:
That only lets you see Rico and Flowen.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=105
You do not get any items from this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-05-21 14:10 ]</font>

Charmander02
May 21, 2006, 05:04 PM
Why would you want the PG:F anyways? The weapons it makes sucks.

sum182
May 23, 2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, the weaps suck. But testing the method gave me something to do, i was running out of things to do since i have yet to get a BBA to explore online, also Lved me up a good bit, lv. 156.

Deathangel333
May 24, 2006, 03:19 PM
Thats not how its done

REJ-
May 24, 2006, 08:51 PM
If someone posted a video of finding the PG:F or Red Ring (with the hourglass of course), then there's no one who can disagree. But for now, while there's no hourglass video, no one will believe it can be found.

My "No more PG:F theories" thread should have been sticky'd. It could prevent this sort of thing.

Delfi
May 24, 2006, 08:58 PM
You know REJ if you pop over to the cheaters forum board - you will see that sum182 says quite clearly he never found a Olga flow DNA - so 1 hows he know the weps suck and 2 how can he say he found it in here? I truly think this person is lying.

sum182
May 24, 2006, 09:09 PM
I copied that paste from another site, as someone else stated in here. I didn't read over that part of the explination so i didn't see the Olga DNA 3x. that was the person who originally posted it, i didn't feel like retyping everything, so i copy/pasted, and i am working on the video with an hourglass, just have to find another one. Also, i know the weaps suck because i've read up on them, same way anyone else has, they only get 1 attack, except the dard bridge, the dark flows special activates when you are 100 HP and lower, and the dark meteor has two types of shots. With one combo you can't do much, and the don't even have that high of ATP. Thats how i know, probably the same as you.

REJ-
May 24, 2006, 09:34 PM
Dark Meteor has two types of shots? How does that work? Ithought it only had one really crappy attack.

sum182
May 24, 2006, 10:27 PM
No, the one is just the normal shot thing, then if you ever fought Olga Flow then the second one is the green beam of light, they both suck though. Not high enough ATP for only one combo