PDA

View Full Version : What should I change my character to?

Warbot3780
May 20, 2006, 08:01 PM
Ok Warbot here and for everyone who has read "should I change my hunter's ID from a pinkal to a skyly" I have finaly decided it would be in my best interest to change but I have also thought over alot of IDs and I don't know which one I should become or if I should change him to a skyly. So my question to you is what should I change my pinkal humar to(race and ID)?

Nomahend
May 20, 2006, 08:03 PM
Well just a while ago i made a Bluefull RAmarl for kicks... its actually alot more fun than i though. And partisan rares are great in some areas.

Check out this topic (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110896&forum=7&48) for other peoples opinions on IDs

If you can't decide just make a redria or yellowboze. They both have very balanced drop charts. You can use them with any class.

concussionman
May 20, 2006, 08:16 PM
It all depends on what rares you have already found.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid
Check out the drop charts for the different ID's and see which ID has the rares that you would have the most fun using/hunting.

I would suggest a Yellowboze, Ramarl. Or any class that is different than a hunter to switch up your play style so you don't become bored of the character too quickly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: concussionman on 2006-05-20 18:18 ]</font>

Eulogy21
May 21, 2006, 03:48 AM
What classes will your friends be playing as?

HUnewearls are pretty good for soloing and they can be helpful if there isn't a force around in the party. RAmars can be quite independant also. HUcasts and RAcasts are very powerful, while HUcaseal has those neat battle animations. The drawback, however, is that they have limited healing.

I really can't recommend anything unless I know what your friends will be playing as.

meimeilee
May 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
i think fomarls are good...becuase like hunewearls they allow you to see all aspects of the game...fomarls are good at foing and huing cause of there high mst and good atp,it make taske them time but once up to a certain lvl its all easy,my advice is fomarl(redria) cause the armors and shields will come in handy later,and plus redria doesnt get the
recognition it deserves

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: meimeilee on 2006-05-21 12:17 ]</font>

EJ
May 21, 2006, 02:23 PM
actually redria is what everyone probably agrees in what ID you should have at the start.

I would say:
redria - shield and armors and for god/battle
skyly - hunter weapons like sword and the SJS if you wanna hunt that
Yellowboze - for all the enemy parts.
bluefull - for partisans and other good weapons for hunters

That is just my opinion.

meimeilee
May 21, 2006, 02:55 PM
i didnt know yellow boze gets all the enemy parts...well anyways its to late for me to start over im a pinkal

Warbot3780
May 21, 2006, 04:21 PM
Ok for those who wish to know what my friends are they are skyly skyly and bluefull but none of them get to play unless I am over which is about once a month and only for an hour! Also I have been thinking a bout skyly because I want the best rares in the game but I am not entirely sure of what ID to make my character but one thing is for sure my character is still going to be a hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warbot3780 on 2006-05-21 14:23 ]</font>

meimeilee
May 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
then be a hunewearl..if you pick a hucast u will be sorry cause they dont have tp or mst but hucaseal is a great choice i liove her partisan,and dagger action it rocks!

EJ
May 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
Each ID though has a item that, that ID can only get.
Like skyly is the only one that can get SJS or how redria is the only one that can get god/battle.

DonRoyale
May 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
If you want the 'best' rares, go Boze. Just beacause Skyly finds J-Sword, doesn't mean that it gets 'the best rares'. Trust me, some of Skyly's finds are extremely repetitive (like Last Survivor, Dragon Slayer, and Justy to name a few)

However, online, Skyly is the most fun to get to 200, IMO. It's great going on SJS hunts with some friends.

Still, Yellowboze is the way to go.

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 06:40 AM
Ok so most people on this site would say that redria and syly ( I haven't heard anything about whittil yet) are my best choices for a hunter right?

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 06:48 AM
Whitill would be better for a FOrce or a RAnger. You barely find rare swords with Whitill, that's why Redria or Skyly are better. Redria is more of a general ID and is adaptable to anyone, Skyly is specific to HUnter finds as you can get most (if not all) of the swords, and is the only ID that can get Tsumakiri Sealed J-Sword and Chain Sawd. So would go for Skyly, not forgetting that you can also get Heart of Poumn for your HUnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 08:24 AM
Ok thx Zarbold I think I will change my guy to a skyly now I just have one other question shoud he be a male cast or a male hu hunter?

Charmander02
May 22, 2006, 08:32 AM
Look at the charts for what you want, the find the id that suites your needs.

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 09:12 AM
Ah, that depends on you and how you play. This is my point of view but you might have another...
HUmar: He is good due to his balanced hunter stats and can wield a huge a broad specter of weapons. He also has the capability to use spells and so he can do damage with that (even though not a lot it's a good bonus). also due to this he can heal himself, not a lot but you can stay alive very long.
HUcast: Android that was created to wield hunter type weapons. Excels in defence and attack. He is quick in combos aswell and can be a powerful card in the team. The problems are that he cannot use spells, and as he is hunter, he recieves a lot of damage due to close combat. So there is a life problem. The bonus is that he can regenerate himself while he doesn't move so if you have time to waste that's a way. Otherwise try and find a weapon with a special that gives you HP. Also areal enemies are gonna be a drag, especially dark falz in H, the third form only flies ;(

I have both and have used them in various situations, I'd say they are both cool. If you don't want to have too many problems use the HUmar, if you like risking things use the HUcast.

Eulogy21
May 22, 2006, 11:05 AM
Another thing a HUmar has going for him is that he has higher ATA than HUcast, so he will be hitting enemies many more times. This wont really be an issue until you get to ultimate.

HUcast does get those freeze and confuse traps which is really great. They have a slight accuracy problem, but you can remedy it by equipping god/arm, a weapon with hit, or by raising your mag's DEX stat. Also note, he has the highest potential Power.

If you arn't set on those two, you should maybe look into HUnewearl since it seems you will be playing alone most of the time. She is very good independant.

Zarbolord
May 22, 2006, 11:16 AM
And as a Skyly you might have the chance of finding the heart of poumn, which you can equip only to a HUnewearl. She is also very balanced between ATP and MST and has nice stats. Also TP regeneration is useful. Hucaseal is the same comparison between HUmar and HUnewearl. She is also strong but has stronger ATA and you can make a character look like a Zora from Ocarina of Time using HUcaseal customisation. I made mine look like Samus Aran in the Phazon Suite.

DonRoyale
May 22, 2006, 11:21 AM
If you want to be a Hunter, I suggest you go for Redria. Braveman can be annoying but a HUcast with Braveman with some hit% can butcher ultimate early on.

If you're being a Ranger, you could go with Viridia (for shots with hit%), Purplenum (an all-around Ranger ID), or Yellowboze (for balance)

If you're being a Force, go Boze or go home. Especially if you plan on a casting FO, because you'll need the improved Meseta drops and balance drop chart that Yellowboze offers.

Still, your choice.

Just...don't go with Bluefull. Nuff said. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 11:40 AM
So far I am thinkin of a skyly hucast named Josh The Legendary Hunter.What do you guys think of that choice (although it realy does depend on my particular interests)? Because I realy do value your opinions because all of you have helped me before (even if you don't know it I have read alot of threads) so plz keep writin.

P.S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warbot3780 on 2006-05-22 10:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Warbot3780 on 2006-05-22 10:31 ]</font>

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 11:44 AM
So far I am thinkin of a skyly hucast named Josh The Legendary Hunter.What do you guys think of that choice (although it realy does depend on my particular interests)? Because I realy do value your opinions because all of you have helped me before (even if you don't know it I have read alot of threads) so plz keep writin.

P.S If I change my character to this I will change my name to as I said before The Legendary Hunter Josh and will also change my avatar but I will still keep my sig and Title.

DonRoyale
May 22, 2006, 11:45 AM
I don't think "The Legendary Hunter Josh" fits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Try the ID calculator. It helps...a lot.

But make sure it's on previous PSO versions, otherwise your results will be...a bit different. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
Ok and sorry about double postin I am still new to this site

Warbot3780
May 22, 2006, 12:42 PM
Oh I see what you mean ( and now I feel incredibly stupid). Ok my Skyly hucast's name is now going to be J.Dog.