PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team and Cheating

Roiyaru
Oct 15, 2002, 07:52 AM
Shame on Sonic Team for continuing to let client side garbage trash an otherwise wonderful game. The very notion of maintaining data with an untrusted source is flawed. If Sonic Team opts not to migrate a server-side database and simply eliminate offline play, GC PSO will most likely be my last.

On a side note, shame on the sad state of affairs PSO World has become. Facist censorship only spurns the curious to research topics themselves, encouraging where the intent was opposite. And Iceblink, if you read this message, I suggest you get out this quagmire of political games with senior management. Yours was given back for a reason.

-Ranma

RuneLateralus
Oct 15, 2002, 11:30 AM
If you have to tell Iceblink something personally, PM him or give him an AIM next time.

And last thing we need is another "PSOW sucks" rant. We are doing our best to make this place nice.

EDIT: This topic earlier was locked as I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I have decided to reopen it and move it to rants. Sorry for locking it earlier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-10-15 21:21 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Oct 15, 2002, 11:25 PM
On 2002-10-15 05:52, Roiyaru wrote:
On a side note, shame on the sad state of affairs PSO World has become. Facist censorship only spurns the curious to research topics themselves, encouraging where the intent was opposite.

funny. censorhip huh? ever seen fresh kills landfills lately?

Kid_Icarus
Oct 16, 2002, 11:47 AM
*tapes somone saying "PSOW SUCKZ LOLZ!!!!!1111"*

Okay, I've saved anyone else the trouble of posting that. n_n

I honestly don't get why Sega doesn't go server side like Blizzard did for Diablo 2. o_o/

Maybe they want them to be able to be used on and offline. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess.

eRUPT
Oct 16, 2002, 03:03 PM
On a side note, shame on the sad state of affairs PSO World has become. Facist censorship only spurns the curious to research topics themselves, encouraging where the intent was opposite. And Iceblink, if you read this message, I suggest you get out this quagmire of political games with senior management. Yours was given back for a reason.

-Ranma

You know it really annoys me to hear people talk like this when I put so much work into the site every damn day and to have someone just come out of nowhere and put their two cents in as if they actually know whats going on. The community here personnally has been going great and I really despise hearing comments like this if you have a personal problem with this site PM me personnally so I can defend properly.

And I'm dying to know where you think IceBlink stands in all this? IceBlink is pretty much retired from any modding, so that part of your comment informs me that you really know nothing and have come here just to rant out of your own boredum and misinformity.

Good day.

Ness
Oct 16, 2002, 06:43 PM
I think that PSOW is great.

Roiyaru
Oct 18, 2002, 05:58 PM
eRupt,

You may think whatever you wish. Ignorance is bliss.

-Ranma

pixelate
Oct 18, 2002, 06:19 PM
Facist censorship only spurns the curious to research topics themselves, encouraging where the intent was opposite.

Examples make for the best argument, giving a solid base for them to stand on. And this argument is laying on it's back.

Saladwood
Oct 20, 2002, 02:10 PM
On 2002-10-18 15:58, Roiyaru wrote:
eRupt,

You may think whatever you wish. Ignorance is bliss.

-Ranma

you crack me up little buddy