PDA

View Full Version : GC error

Nomahend
May 22, 2006, 06:38 PM
I was playing PSO 1&2 for like an hour today... then saved and quit, went out for dinner (GC still running) and When I got back GC had an error saying (Game disk could not be read) im thinking "ok... either gamecube disks have a shelf life or somthing else happened" I just Shut down the GC and powered it back up after checking the disk for scratches. And it works fine... anyone know what could have caused this? So it doesnt happen while im playing or somthing.

metatime
May 23, 2006, 01:52 AM
How long have you been playing your GC? When did you get your GC?

First gen GCs have a good chance of getting DRE. Later gens nintendo fixed it up.

If you GC isn't clicking or the GC isn't making strange noises, then nothing is really wrong with your GC. It could be a rare error that the laser had problem reading.

The only time you get DRE is when the laser is becoming misaligned or the disk becomes really dirty. There are other situations but those are the most common scenarios.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-05-22 23:53 ]</font>

Nomahend
May 23, 2006, 07:46 AM
well i belive its a first gen, but its not making noice or clicking at all, plus its never happened before so im guessing its a rare error... If i gets worse or i start hearing noises i might just buy a new GC and considering game cubes are like 60$ less than when i first bought a GC i wont worry about costs.

Blitzkommando
May 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
I had my first read error yesterday. Like you, nothing serious, although it was not on my first generation GC which surprised me. In my case I believe it was the disc itself which was dirty.