PDA

View Full Version : hang time =\

justinbrady
May 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
i am sure i am not alone in saying i cant wait till PSU =]]] and i need a game to hang me over while i am not on vacation during the summer. does any body have any fun games that you can play causually until i go super hardcore gamerrr on release of PSU. =]] please post the games ur playing to hold urself over. thanks.

Tystys
May 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
At the moment, I'm playing...
RF Online-
It's an MMORPG that costs about 15 bucks a month. It's amusing...for awhile. Should hold you down for a few months. The PVP in my opinion is awesome...
PVE, not so much.

Call of Duty 2-
A great game if you can run it on your computer...or if you have a 360. The singleplayer is an intense experience everytime you play it. Multiplayer is fun as hell. I love sniping people, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

PSO-
If you havn't played it yet, PSO:BB is an awesome game. One of the only MMORPGS where I got to a higher level than 30, lol...
That is besides Ragnarok online.
Because it costs so little(considering today's standards) monthly, the game is worth the money.

JAR
May 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
I would be playing Mother 3 but the english patch isn't finished yet... If you have a 360 you should pick up Oblivion to tide you over until PSU comes out, that's what I plan on doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sessilu
May 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
Humm... well i could say Maplestory, sure it's free, and the community is filled of Noobs, but it's fun till level 30 or so, then it gets repetitive..
Other games.. Runescape? Nah that's too crappy..

Well, if you like Megaman, Got a Ds, and the money, buy Megaman 5 Double Team if you never played the 5 version, it's worth it, but then again i'm hardcore on megaman, any game of the series is the best for me xD.

More games.. if you got Ps2, there's always Tekken 5, and Final Fantasy Series, those last for some months.

Online games are not my speciality, but that's what i can say, if ya need help on games, megaman, sonic, naruto http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I'm the men xD

Deaf360
May 23, 2006, 03:23 PM
i will choose COD2 b/c it is alot fun! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tank1
May 23, 2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah CoD2 ftw that game is addictive though megaman is another good choice if youve got a DS or GBA.

justinbrady
May 23, 2006, 03:27 PM
hehe i was top cal - im/M in that game....but i quit. fun game to pub....horrible for competition.

i think i might try PSO BB starting next week thxs!

mechatra
May 23, 2006, 03:51 PM
Out of a random whim may I suggest something from the "Tales of" series.

Tales of the Abyss really shines for me.

Deaf360
May 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
what about the mario kart ds?..wi fi game? alot fun o...unless yall dont have wi fi

justinbrady
May 23, 2006, 05:41 PM
any body got any others?

Numnuttz
May 23, 2006, 05:49 PM
im planning to buy monster hunter freedom to get me ready for psu.

zandra117
May 23, 2006, 05:51 PM
PSI for Sega Master System, and PSII, PSIII, and PSIV for Sega Genesis. Also dont forget about PS Gaiden and PS Adventure for the Neo Geo. Classic Phantasy Star rules all!!!

I strongly suggest you play PSIV, Its awesome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-05-23 15:53 ]</font>

DamonKatu
May 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
Actully Mother 3 is Jp only T.T if their's a english version it would be a mearical but their's no sigh right now. mother 3 was supose to be on the N64 but sence they had graphic problems, the game not as popular as Pokemon (and their are haters out their), and nintendo was busy on the Gamecube Project to finish the game. (those *bad words*) they then remade it for the GBA with the same story line. The good news is their's no sigh of Giygas but their might be an incarnation of him somewhere.

Back on subject: I would agree with PSO:BB but their are still good clasics to play like halo and other online games. Sence their been so many delays, the game industy resort to third party games to buy time for them. But how long can they hold them back?

patient
May 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
Skimming an alt War, Hunter and Priest to 60 in WoW. Waitting for Naxx as well. /sigh

Hunter will be done next week. Then another 74 total levels for the other two.

With such a long time until release now and no new info it kind of sucks at the moment PSU wise.

I really wanted to know about where they plan on taking the game content wise. Doesn't seem like they will take it anywhere. I am confident though, that what will packed into that CD will enough for fun for a long time.

OH btw: Is that LostBlue game for the DS any good looks interesting and involving.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: patient on 2006-05-23 16:41 ]</font>

Latiku
May 23, 2006, 07:37 PM
I'm taking this time to finish up old games. On my list of games to finish up is:
Ogre Battle 64, Star Ocean 3 (last part of second disk), Okage: Shadow King (last dungeon), Majora's Mask (getting 100%; all mask and such), Tales of Legendia(character stories after main story), Disgaea (getting the two other endings), and Dragon Quest VIII(Last boss).

I also level up my RaMar in-between games.

McLaughlin
May 23, 2006, 10:20 PM
If you have an Xbox 360 and nothing to occupy your time for a while, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a great option.

I'm finishing up games that got left in limbo pre/post Christmas rushes. I'm almost 100% in Metroid Prime, then I have MP2: Echoes. Then I might suffer through the Arkz story in PSO Ep.III, and I have to finish the last two Prince of Persia games. I'll probably have to buy a new game a month or so before PSU is launched to tide me over...Ya, I truck through games >_>

Axios-
May 23, 2006, 10:26 PM
I'm in the process of rebeating all of my GCN games prior to the release of PSU/Wii.

McLaughlin
May 23, 2006, 10:27 PM
Oh, Lost in the Blue is a good game. I'd also recommend the Brain Age games, and Polarium if you're into puzzle games. Some GBA classics you could get into could be the Golden Sun games, the Pokemon games (Quiet you), and some others I don't have on-hand.

Gamecube titles that could keep you busy might be Baton Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, the Metroid Prime games.

There are alot of other games for the PS2 and Xbox, so I won't count them off. Just rent a game. If you like it, pick it up. The oldies are awesome and only 10$-20$.

Irukandji
May 24, 2006, 01:16 AM
Here is one game for each system that should hold you over:

Gamecube - Metriod Prime 2

Playstation 2- Champions: Return to Arms

XBox 360 - Call of Duty 2

As for Handhelds...I dont have any...Monster Hunter Freedom on PSP.

Latiku
May 31, 2006, 05:17 AM
Might I recommend Steambot Chronicles for those looking for a good game in the mean time. I have been playing this game like crazy. Granted, this game might not be for everyone but I find it to be a nice endeavor till PSU comes out.

Shivore
May 31, 2006, 05:30 AM
I would suggest Space Cowboy Online, it's free, and if you're one of the lucky ones that can get it working perfectly, it's grand. If you're not one of the lucky ones then you're out of nothing, as it's free. You can check out my thread in the off-topic section about the game, it's called "Something to Tide you Over 'till PSU."

Sev
May 31, 2006, 01:06 PM
Battlefield 2 is pretty fun if you're into chaotic shooters. Nothing like getting chased by the guy in the tank, only to see it get taken out by Artillery as you take cover. It's fun stuff.

I'm playing through Xenogears right now. Plus I'm juggling FFXI and Lineage 2 in the meantime.

Kayai
May 31, 2006, 01:36 PM
im playing GunZ online right now and its fun as hell for being free

TheGreyCliche
May 31, 2006, 03:31 PM
Zeta, major props, Skies of Arcadia is my all time favorite game. i loved it back on the dreamcast and pretty much bough a gamecube just for that game.

Anyway. I'll be playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for a while, hopefully that will take up alot of the time.

scott1114
May 31, 2006, 04:50 PM
Kingdom hearts 2 and dragon quest VIII, which takes you bout 70 hours to get everything done

Kyuu
May 31, 2006, 04:56 PM
As Zeta and Grey have recommended, if you have a Gamecube and haven't played Skies of Arcadia, pick it up and play it now! Such a great game.

Edit: Or if you have a Dreamcast, find it on EBay or something. It's worth it. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-05-31 14:57 ]</font>