PDA

View Full Version : Arkz: Saligun and co.

Zarbolord
May 24, 2006, 02:12 PM
I've checked out some stuff and all, but Saligun remains a mystery, like -McPot- for Reiz, I'm curious about Saligun. She seems to not have any firm strategy. She doesn't really have any special ability that can provide a change in battle. What I've done with her is that I've made a deck which is compatible to Orland's sword deck, by using about the same technique (I mainly use her in multi). But there isn't any precise strat, can anyone bring light upon the subject?

By the way, I put Arks as I'm especially interested to know what techs she has agaisnt them... Heavy Punch/Slash works agaisnt hunters quite well...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-05-24 12:13 ]</font>

DonRoyale
May 25, 2006, 04:18 PM
For a pro-Saligun deck, I'd suggest you use cards like Solid (in threes) and items with Major or High-Cost Halfguard. Weak Hit Block is godly on Saligun, especially with Reduce in your deck. Avert helps when using cards like Ravana.

Reduce helps, and items with a lot of HP, and HP Attack.

As for an anti-Saligun deck, use high-cost monsters with lots of AP (such as Dark Belra), or assists that boost AP (Muscular is a good example). She'll mostly use items with halfguard abilities or Weak Hit Block, so cards that shut down her defense. You want to keep a consistency of at least 7-14 damage a turn, so that you do damage at all.

I hope I helped http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skorpius
May 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
This is something that escapes the minds of many: An average character will not have any weak points. She's a solid character to use in 1v1 battles, and is strong in team battles that use no character specific strategy. Just give her a basic compliment of weapons and she'll be good to go, no specific strategy needed.

One thing I used Saligun for was my Dagger deck. Orland/Teifu are too weak, and Sil'fer is too slow. Saligun balances everything out and becomes a strong base for the deck.

Zarbolord
May 27, 2006, 03:24 AM
Hmmm. I'll try both strategies (maybe even mix them together?). I'll add in ravanas and solids and reduce, take away all partisans and swords, and use daggers instead, I'll check it out. Thx people!

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 5, 2006, 10:47 AM
I usually just give all my Sil'fer decks to Saligun and then marvel at how great they can be when a character has three MV.