PDA

View Full Version : 2 Mags - Better Than 1?

Jive18
May 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
So today I created my new FOmarl, and I'm wondering about my Mag choices. She'll be similar to most other FOmarls, using techs in early levels and then switching to melee as she progresses up to Ultimate, etc. I have a FOmar who is just high enough to melee, but with him I use mainly 1 Mag, with a lot of Pow & Dex.

Should I farm 2 Mags for her, 1 with Mind and 1 with Pow/Dex? Or would it be better to try and melee earlier by quickly getting Power onto the mag?

All advice is appreciated.

Nomahend
May 25, 2006, 08:16 PM
Well I'd make a High Power/Dex if your going for a melee, but still keep some mind on it... like... say (5/115/40/40) and for a mind mag go for a dex/mind combo (5/0/45/150) or something similar. Im raising a (10/0/50/140) atm for my FOnewearl.

Delfi
May 25, 2006, 08:23 PM
No comment on Fonewearls - however if this helps you any i have just made a new FOMAR character he is now lvl 6 or 7, Im makin for him 2 mags with the exact same stats - 1 is already an angel wings mag, and the other is going to be a robochao - WHY u ask ? purely for aesthetics and so i can change his costume from yellowish to blueish and his mag accordingly when i get tired of seeing him too much lol

The finished mag stats will be..Def=7,POW=98,DEX=20 and MIND=75
The reason for these stats is because i have worked out along with the correct material useage and armour units, this will give him max stats at level 200, my angel wings mag which is he using at the moment only has 19 POW on it and around 56 or so MIND along with 20 DEX and 7 DEF
and at the moment online and offline im using both low level techs and a cane or saber to kill things with and its working great.

Jive18
May 25, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-05-25 18:16, Nomahend wrote:
Well I'd make a High Power/Dex if your going for a melee, but still keep some mind on it... like... say (5/115/40/40) and for a mind mag go for a dex/mind combo (5/0/45/150) or something similar. Im raising a (10/0/50/140) atm for my FOnewearl.

Well, the thing is, if I end up using only 1 Mag it's going to be just mind or just pow/dex. 40 mind, imo, really won't have enough of an impact. That's why I'm considering having 2 different ones.

Than again, I could pipe some God/Minds and utilize pow and dex for my mag...

Skorpius
May 25, 2006, 09:59 PM
At some point, you'll have to switch to one mag anyway.

You should melee first, and only tech as an option. It's best to just rely on natural MST growth, instead of switching to a higher MST mag, because then your techniques will be too high for your low TP with a Pow/Dex mag. After your ATP and ATA are strong enough (around level 80-90), you can ease off the reliance with a mag that has about 50 MST and a God/Power. At around level 110-115, you can cast off the God/Power and use units such as Cure/ and /Battle.

BeeYee
May 25, 2006, 10:13 PM
i have a FOnewm with a 13/0/4/183 and im turning out pretty insane. of course im all spells and magic, but im terrible at melee

Jive18
May 25, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-05-25 19:59, Skorpius wrote:
At some point, you'll have to switch to one mag anyway.

You should melee first, and only tech as an option. It's best to just rely on natural MST growth, instead of switching to a higher MST mag, because then your techniques will be too high for your low TP with a Pow/Dex mag. After your ATP and ATA are strong enough (around level 80-90), you can ease off the reliance with a mag that has about 50 MST and a God/Power. At around level 110-115, you can cast off the God/Power and use units such as Cure/ and /Battle.

Alright, cool. I think it will be one Mag then, with stats 5/45/100/50, based this advice. Thanks for the input Skorp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

RivaOni
May 26, 2006, 03:55 AM
I'm currently raising two mags with my HUmar for my FOnewearl, one high in POW and DEx the other in MIND. It makes things easier in general, allowing you to be really strong in either one area or the other, you just have to remember that your weapons may not be equippable with one of the mags so carry something else to accompany said mag.

meimeilee
May 29, 2006, 11:55 AM
if i were u....i would raise mind to at least 100 so that you will have over a 1000 tp when your lvl 65 or so,then raise up power and dex to at least 30+ then with the rest of the levels raise what ever,defense is also reccomended,how can you melee without defence,im a tech/melle force cause i worked for it,im a lvl 76 fomarl on ultimate(for dc)and my tp is over 1200,my mst is over 750+,my hp is over 420+,my atp is 355(with my god power equipped),my ata is maxed(i maxed it out at lvl 50 or so),my defence is oook not the best but i can hold me own when D/J is casted and my evasion is good its over 600 so i can block most hits

DroolinBuddie
May 29, 2006, 01:11 PM
Just a comment, im usin 4 mags haha and im still training 3 more, alot of good reasons...

mag#1-power only
mag#2-mind only
Mag#3-def only
Mag#4-all balanced
the other ones im still thinkin of makin, i used alot of mags in certain situations and...it helps lol <_<" wheeeeeee bye O_O

meimeilee
May 29, 2006, 02:02 PM
hmm maybe i should make more mags...i already have one a laa based on mind and dex with some atp

Feelmirath
May 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
To be honest, it depends on whether you'll be online or not.
If you'll be staying offline, then having a pow/dex mag is all you really need (you'll just need to "borrow" a mind mag to learn the tech disks). It's a lot easier to melee while soloing as a FOmar/FOmarl, as they have more atp than their newmen counterparts, and are more reliable on trifluids (not only can a newman regenerate tp, he/she can have more max tp)

If you're going online, however, it's best to have both mags in case a force is needed.

Charmander02
May 29, 2006, 02:52 PM
If you have the time, money and patience to make two mags then go ahead.

xxTrystanxx
May 30, 2006, 07:04 AM
I'd go with two MAGs, too. Especially if you're online. More than likely, when you're playing online, you will need to stick to being support in a team, and you'll find having the Mind MAG, and the extra TP and MST very useful. You probably won't find yourself meleeing much online (given that enemies are more difficult) until very high in level, unless there is another FO on the team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
May 30, 2006, 08:05 AM
The best mag I found that works is a 145 POW/50 DEX mag. This kind of mag works all the way into Ultimate, and all you'd really need is a God/Arm for some extra hitting power. As you level up, you can ease her off the POW and into some more MIND, which should be around level 120.

The mags I have used for my FOmarl, on BB, was 5/145/50/0 (early melee), 10/100/50/40 (after I got a God/Power), and 10/40/50/100 (team support).

DroolinBuddie
Jun 8, 2006, 01:08 PM
AWESOME i maxed oout another mag, i got like 8 mags now lmao, dis new mag i jus maxed out has 160 pow <.<", i got a question btw....which is better, ur own custom makin mag or one of the rare new mags?

GrumblyStuff
Jun 8, 2006, 01:50 PM
Rare. Sato, Bhima, NidraInvincibility for bosses and at 10% HP FTW.