PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Uggh...I think I screwed up my mag. >.

Nixia
May 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
FOnewearl

Sita

Def: 16
POW: 47
Dex: 47
Mind:46

I think it's too well-rounded. I should probably up the mind for the rest of the levels I have. Power, too. What do you guys think? Can I salvage this?

I'm new by the way. Pleasure to meet you all. ^_^

Sgt_Shligger
May 25, 2006, 11:24 PM
Welcome to PSO-w.

I am not really sure what you should do. Do you need a mag for anything like power, mind, etc. or just want to make it for a trade item?

Jive18
May 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
Considering you have a FOnewearl, you probably should start a new mag. Power and Dexterity are virtually useless on them because FOnies don't melee (and shouldn't). Most people seem to think Defense on a mag is pointless as well, but for forces it really can help.

A good mag for a FOnewearl would be 50 Def (at the most) and 150 Mind (at the minimum). Hope that helps.

Btw, welcome to psow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Remember to read the rules, etc., and have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2006-05-25 21:30 ]</font>

Nixia
May 25, 2006, 11:42 PM
I just feel cheap using TP all the time. >.< I recently started mines, and I've nearly had to kill everything by using TP from afar. Except for Sinow Beat/Gold and lone canadines. The gillchic can kill me 1-2-3 and a Garanz offed me in one shot yesterday, so I haven't had any other choice. -.-;;

I'm trying to raise the defence, but it's really time consuming with Sita and Ribhava.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nixia on 2006-05-25 21:43 ]</font>

Nixia
May 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Oh, and thank you for the warm welcomes! Much appreciated. <3 ^_^

Jive18
May 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
It isn't cheap, it is just the way FOnewms and FOnewearls play. They simply do not have enough atp and ata to be effective at melee.

I understand about the time it takes; I've always wished for a way to raise feeding times :/.

Sgt_Shligger
May 25, 2006, 11:52 PM
Wait, TP as in telepipe, right?

Meleeing isn't the best idea as a force... I do it because it is challenging. Getting a mag with 100+ mind is easier said than done... I never liked raising mags though. Just fed it random stuff that didn't lower it synchro or IQ and it turned out--- average.

concussionman
May 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
Since Fonewearls have practically the lowest DFP, using power on you mag just so you can run away like a sissy prolly wasn't the best idea. I would suggest you finish up the rest of your levels with Mind, and then start a new mag right away. That way you won't have wasted levels. If you get to higher levels and want to melee with your FO, keep the mag a goof around, but if you are trying to go onto more difficult levels, I would suggest
DEF 30
POW 0
DEX 20
MIND 150
As sated in Vulpes' Mag Stats Guides For Each Class
this would make an effective mag for what your playstyle apparently seems to be.

Jive18
May 26, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-05-25 21:52, SgtShligger wrote:
Wait, TP as in telepipe, right?

;o

No, tp as in technique points, what you use to cast techniques. Look at the bar below hp, and that would be tp.

Sgt_Shligger
May 26, 2006, 12:07 AM
I know what TP is I just didn''t think of it. Far too obvious--- used to that phrase 'pipe' and 'tp' in GC online games... both terms make sense in their own way.

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 12:24 AM
Thank you all for the tips. Never thought I'd get such good advice so quickly. <3

I just got a new MAG, just not looking forward to feeding another one, and doing item runs to afford it. But my FOnewearl is in Yellowboze, so the money comes often enough. ^.^

BeeYee
May 26, 2006, 07:16 AM
hey welcome to PSO-W, im a FOnewm and level 130... anyways, i have a mag that has 13 defense, 0 power, 4 dexterity, and 183 mind.

Chaoman3
May 26, 2006, 12:25 PM
I remember getting a strange mag from a guy online on my first day of PSO it was called Angel Wings and it had 5 def,0 pow,10 dex and 185 mind. Unfortunatly my memory card keeps getting corrupt and I lost it...

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 02:18 PM
With Mind as the reigning stat, there isn't any way to get decent PB's. Ah, well. I'll use my other one for that, then.

Muzuki
May 26, 2006, 02:47 PM
mind and dex at the most cause when you play and u just wanna keep goin with no tp you can use guns...but FOnewearl have less atp and ata so keep to the mind and def. if you had a FOmarl try dex and mind. i have a FOmarl that is just as strong as my HUnewearl w/ a red saber

TheStoicOne
May 26, 2006, 02:50 PM
Wait...! WHAT?? Mind doesn't effect photon blasts that badly! Maybe if you want different photon blasts raise the new mag on another character. (preferably a ranger)

Muzuki
May 26, 2006, 03:04 PM
yeah and sita is a final evolution right? there arent anymor p.b. it can have

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 09:59 AM
On 2006-05-26 13:04, Muzuki wrote:
yeah and sita is a final evolution right? there arent anymor p.b. it can have

I know that. I had a Ribhava first. The stats aren't that great for a FOnewearl, but, I had awesome PB's to compensate: Leilla, Pilla and Farlla. So far I have Leilla and Mylla and Youlla on my Namuci. I can already cast those myself. -.-;

Ah, well.

Question! You can't get two of the same PB, can you?

GrumblyStuff
May 31, 2006, 10:01 AM
No.

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-05-31 08:01, GrumblyStuff wrote:
No.

Yeah, I didn't think so. It's just that, I'm looking at the feeding chart, and I'm going to get Kabanda as my final evolution, and it's P.B. is Mylla and Youlla, but I already have that, so I was wondering.

Would it just stay at two P.B.'s, then?

GrumblyStuff
May 31, 2006, 10:14 AM
Yes. But you could switch it to another character to feed it just briefly (so long as the level it's at is divisible by 5) to get a third PB.

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-05-31 08:14, GrumblyStuff wrote:
Yes. But you could switch it to another character to feed it just briefly (so long as the level it's at is divisible by 5) to get a third PB.

How do you do that?[/n00b question]

GrumblyStuff
Jun 1, 2006, 03:57 AM
Offline multiplayer if you're on GC (or Xbox?).

sum182
Jun 1, 2006, 05:27 AM
I never really got the mag rasing thing down. Mine always turned out like yours and my characters seem to do ok. Power was always the key stat on mine and when i first started i had 1 character and i raised a bunch of mags with him, i had like 10, all around 170. Then i gave those to other characters and they do perfectly fine. Well rounded isn't bad, you just have to know when to attack and when to use TP. I only have 1 force so maybe i don't know what i'm talking about though.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Charmander02
Jun 3, 2006, 08:24 AM
On 2006-05-25 21:42, Nixia wrote:
I just feel cheap using TP all the time. >.<

If you want to melee then start up a FOmar.

BTW: My mag for my FOmar is 25/25/50/100. It helped me a lot, though this was a mag for a FOmar it might help you for your FO.