PDA

View Full Version : I saw X-Men

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 12:40 AM
I won premiere passes. I won't spoil any details, but, personally, I found it to be disappointing. It was good--but that was it. Nothing spectacular. Nice effects, awesome music (as per usual). But the plot? Not so much. Everything just sorta...happened. Like a run-through. And the end was very anti-climatic. I'm also irked that Omega Red wasn't in it. I checked the cast on imdb and dude was listed. ò.ó

Ah, well. It was free, so I won't complain too much. If, you know, I haven't already.

roygbiv
May 26, 2006, 02:16 AM
uh... i just got back from seeing it... i am going to say... uh... well at least it is surprising?

Deathscythealpha
May 26, 2006, 04:52 AM
Saw it last night and was quite disapointed. Oh, the special effects were great and the music seemed to fit the bill, but the script was more then a bit sucky. A lot of the new characters didnt seem to get any characterisation at all, they were just there to have 'handy' mutant powers and everything just seemed to waddle along in a predetermined fashion.

I was also disapointed in the way certain characters supposedly appeared. Watch the end credits and pick out all those X-Names. Most of those characters were just random background mutants who didnt really do anything, something that disapointed me when it came to Psylocke.

An ok film to go see if you just want extremely light entertainment, but no where near as good as X-2.

Tystys
May 26, 2006, 07:21 AM
On 2006-05-26 02:52, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Saw it last night and was quite disapointed. Oh, the special effects were great and the music seemed to fit the bill, but the script was more then a bit sucky. A lot of the new characters didnt seem to get any characterisation at all, they were just there to have 'handy' mutant powers and everything just seemed to waddle along in a predetermined fashion.

I was also disapointed in the way certain characters supposedly appeared. Watch the end credits and pick out all those X-Names. Most of those characters were just random background mutants who didnt really do anything, something that disapointed me when it came to Psylocke.

An ok film to go see if you just want extremely light entertainment, but no where near as good as X-2.

Well, I guess this means I'll just have to wait for Superman!

Deathscythealpha
May 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
On 2006-05-26 05:21, Tystys wrote:

Well, I guess this means I'll just have to wait for Superman!

Tis what Im looking forward to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

roygbiv
May 26, 2006, 08:29 AM
What so psylocke really was in the film? What? Huh? ;o;

Saraphim
May 26, 2006, 09:02 AM
Hmmm, I am going to see it in a few hours. I hope it isn't disappointing. The second one was awesome, and so was the first. I am a little worried that Kelsey Grammer plays Beast, I just don't see it...

Deathscythealpha
May 26, 2006, 10:01 AM
On 2006-05-26 06:29, roygbiv wrote:
What so psylocke really was in the film? What? Huh? ;o;

Yeah, exactly. I actually remember seeing a promo shot of an asian women labeled as Psylocke before the film came out, but I dont think she got more then 2 seconds of film time.

Kelsey Grammer was actually really good as Beast, he had the right attitude and tone of voice for him.

Saraphim
May 26, 2006, 01:35 PM
Ok, I saw it, and I thought it was pretty good. Kelsey was a pleasant surprise as well. I am a little disappionted at how the movie ended (it is anti climatic), but there is a finality in it that leaves little room for a part four, unless they use the younger X-Men (Ice Man and such).

I could go into specifics, but I don't want to spoil it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Outrider
May 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna see it tonight. I don't have high expectations for it, ever since I read the supposed "script leak" months back.

But, we'll see.

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, but now that I think about it. With many missing "elements", I'm wondering how well it would do.

I couldn't tell you how excited I was when I thought the sentinels were a huge part of it. >.<

Kelsey was awesome, man!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 06:03 PM
Saw it last night and was quite disapointed. Oh, the special effects were great and the music seemed to fit the bill, but the script was more then a bit sucky. A lot of the new characters didnt seem to get any characterisation at all, they were just there to have 'handy' mutant powers and everything just seemed to waddle along in a predetermined fashion.I totally agree with you with the handy powers, thing.

And they did that naming-random-mutant-after-Marvel-one with Jubilee. I didn't see an Asian chick with fireworks coming out of her hands, did you?! ò.ó

Man, the characters were flat as hell. And making Mystique human was just one of the worst things they could have done. She rocks, 'nuff said. And Storm? What was her problem? I mean sure Jean did what she did, but you'd think that'd be more incentive to bring her back, no? They were friends for how long, again? And she just casts her away like that? WTF, man?

Man, I could go on forever about the problems with it.

Maybe the next one'll be about Apocalypse?

And they'll have really cool people. Like more scenes with Warren/(Arc)Angel (who didn't get near enough time. And maybe he and storm'll get together.

Hehe, alllllright. B-)

Who would you guys like to see in the next movie. Not saying there would be one, but I'm curious. ^.^

Saraphim
May 26, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-05-26 16:03, Nixia wrote:

Saw it last night and was quite disapointed. Oh, the special effects were great and the music seemed to fit the bill, but the script was more then a bit sucky. A lot of the new characters didnt seem to get any characterisation at all, they were just there to have 'handy' mutant powers and everything just seemed to waddle along in a predetermined fashion.I totally agree with you with the handy powers, thing.

And they did that naming-random-mutant-after-Marvel-one with Jubilee. I didn't see an Asian chick with fireworks coming out of her hands, did you?! ò.ó

Man, the characters were flat as hell. And making Mystique human was just one of the worst things they could have done. She rocks, 'nuff said. And Storm? What was her problem? I mean sure Jean did what she did, but you'd think that'd be more incentive to bring her back, no? They were friends for how long, again? And she just casts her away like that? WTF, man?

Man, I could go on forever about the problems with it.

Maybe the next one'll be about Apocalypse?

And they'll have really cool people. Like more scenes with Warren/(Arc)Angel (who didn't get near enough time. And maybe he and storm'll get together.

Hehe, alllllright. B-)

Who would you guys like to see in the next movie. Not saying there would be one, but I'm curious. ^.^

Yeah, Angel didn't get near enough time, but Juggernaught FTW! That stuff about Mystique is a bit of a spoiler to those who haven't seen it, but I think they are trying to move on to the younger X-Men.

Apocolypse would be awesome, but they could also use the whole Sentinel story too (was that what they were hinting at in the Danger Room scene in the beginning) and Genosha. Ohhhh, then there is The Phage, or if you prefer Sinister (lol anyone remember him?) Such a rich Universe of villains, there is no telling what will be next...

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 06:38 PM
That's Mr. Sinister to you, you insignificant plebian! >:( (XD) As long as Wolverine stays, I'm good. I wish that there was some canon vendetta/relationships/what not, though. They're going to need it to bounce back after the butchering they did in this movie.

I loveeeeeeeeeed Warren. <3 So innocent! So cute! He was such a, well, angel! XD And what he did in the beginning in the movie was sooooooo sad T-T! I mean, if your kid had the whole Toad thing goin' on, I could see why you'd be so pushy for a cure. But, wtf, man? The dude could fly. Wtf was wrong with his dad?! ò.ó

Hrrrrrrrmmmm...

They.

Need.

Gambit.

He doesn't need to get with Rogue--but, it's non-negotiable! Gambit pwns! ^_^

Nixia
May 26, 2006, 06:40 PM
Ooh ooh! Or maybe they could get Shield involved. Cable, man! B-)

Or they could be transported into the future, how 'bout that? Where sentinels run amuck?

Ahh...I miss the original series/X-men evo so much now. T-T

Saraphim
May 26, 2006, 07:30 PM
Cable FTW! I totally forgot about him. Bring Cable and Gambit back and you have another winner. Although, if I remember correctly Gambit's loyalties changed didn't they? Or is that an off shoot story. Put Wolverine and Cable together and you have an awesome movie.
They could fight Apocolypse, it would be unbelievable and awesome to watch.

If they do make another movie, it shouldn't involve the Brotherhood at all, unless as a sidenote or they join the new villian (I think some of them joined Mr. Sinister didn't they) Oh well, only time will tell if they can clean up the mess that this movie ended in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RoninJoku
May 26, 2006, 11:58 PM
Ah yes... I agree with the general consensus here... The movie was a huge letdown... There were some good parts I suppose... And some surprises... But for the most part the movie just made me angry... I too could really go on all night about my problems with the movie...

Ok, I've never been a HUGE cyclops fan, but... COME ON! How lame was that? I mean, I'm not saying he should be invincible, but his death was so weak and rushed... And it totally ruined the whole love triangle! Could the writers/director not handle that kind of complexity in their sad sad movie? God damn! >.<!

I must say I was very pleased with some of the acting though... Particularly by Jean, Beast and young Angel... Nothing incredible but the script didn't really give them a whole lot of substance to work with if you know what I mean...

It also should be noted that Magneto is an idiot in this movie, and horribly shallow (except for one line where he defends Xavier from Pyro's arrogant tongue)... Magneto + Dark Pheonix + an army of mutants VS 5 X-men and a small force of human military FTL??? :/ Maybe Magneto and Pyro should have started hurling flaming automobiles a little bit sooner? And maybe Magneto should have expected the military to be ready for him specifically (as they have been in previous installments)

Ok, I need to stop myself now before I build too much momentum...

Dre_o
May 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
I'm Juggernaut Bitch!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yes I saw it. I wasn't too impressed, but I wasn't put down either.

AS LONG AS THEY MAKE THE NEXT ONE BETTER, I WON"T CARE!!

EDIT: On second thought, I have one major hate, THE WAY SCOTT WAS SO POORLY WRITTEN OFF AND KILLED!!! THAT BITES!!

(not to mention Phoenix had no real plot/plan/soul/destination besides the bringer of destruction)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-05-26 22:56 ]</font>

Outrider
May 27, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-05-26 22:26, Dre_o wrote:
EDIT: On second thought, I have one major hate, THE WAY SCOTT WAS SO POORLY WRITTEN OFF AND KILLED!!! THAT BITES!!

Join the club.

A big part of it was because James Marsden (the actor who plays Cyclops) went to work with Bryan Singer (the former director of the X-Men movies) on Superman.

Shattered_weasel
May 27, 2006, 08:17 AM
I have to give big props to Kelsey Grammer. He was by far the best actor in the movie.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 27, 2006, 10:39 AM
IGN recently compiled a list of"top 25 greatest X-men of all time"
http://comics.ign.com/articles/708/708826p5.html
Guess who was at the top?

If you guessed Wolverine.... You are quite wrong

It was Cyclops.
Remember Cyclops? Ya know... the guy that died like 15 minutes into the movie? HIM. I understand that the actor went to work on a different movie... but come on... You can't just KILL Cyclops like that!!

And you might notice Rogue at number 5.... Where was she in the movie? Crying because she couldnt grope Iceman... SO she goes and takes the cure? HOW LAME IS THAT? lol, as one of my friends said, "If I were Iceman, I woulda dumped her right there for that!" They totally butchered her character... which is a damn shame because she is one of my (and many others) favorite X-men characters...

Juggernaut... was way to much of a crowd pleaser... Practically every line he had was a cheesey one liner. I had to have a friend explain to my why exactly the whole theater burst into hysterical laughter when he said "I'm Juggernaut bitch". Also, Did they forget about the little tidbit of information that juggernaut is Xaviers stepbrother? Or did they just leave it out because they did not give a shit about the characters actual backstories, or the pre-established x-men universe at all for that matter!?... I'm thinkin it's the latter...
In their attempt to fit Juggernaut as well as so many other X-men in the movie, they totally butchered their characters... They tried to fit in way to many characters. Psylocke for example... Just some lousy side character who is around just long enough to get evaporated by Phoenix's "super I kill you attack" along with every other schmuck who wasn't important enough to live...

Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now, I think I got my point across

Jehosaphaty
May 27, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'll sum up what non-toxic said:

They pissed on the entire backstory of X-men.

BeeYee
May 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
well, i thought it was cool except the fact that the way everyone died was that they just turned into little pixels... i liked the fighting scenes a lot, and it shows that there will probably be a sequel.

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-05-27 11:34, BeeYee wrote:
well, i thought it was cool except the fact that the way everyone died was that they just turned into little pixels... i liked the fighting scenes a lot, and it shows that there will probably be a sequel.

Haha! Pixels! XD

He was never my favourite, and I wouldn't have minded if he did kick the bucket.

But that was just a cop out.

Honest to God I didn't even think she killed him until I saw his grave at the end of the movie. I thought she was just hiding him somewhere, or forced him into a telepathy-induced coma, or something, because that would've been so goddamned stupid otherwise.

It seems that X-men has succumbed to what I like to what S.S.S.;

Sh*tty Sequel Syndrome.

Shattered_weasel
May 27, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-05-27 08:39, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
IGN recently compiled a list of"top 25 greatest X-men of all time"
http://comics.ign.com/articles/708/708826p5.html

That list is an abomination to the name X-men. Horrible.

Strong Guy and Blink and Sabretooth over even Gambit and Longshot and Forge and Rachel Grey and Jubes.

Sorry about the off-topic but that list is just...*spit*

Outrider
May 27, 2006, 02:53 PM
I mean, I understand why Cyclops was killed. Marsden couldn't do it, and a lot of casual X-Men fans don't care about him.

But it doesn't mean they're right. Wolverine and Storm should not lead the story. Wolverine can, but it's difficult, and Halle Barry is atrocious in these films. I don't care how big a name she is, they shouldn't have written the script to play up her character.

Charmander02
May 27, 2006, 03:02 PM
I didnt read any of the above posts....

So is it worth going to the theater for or just a rental?

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-05-27 13:02, Charmander02 wrote:

Hard to say. A couple of saving graces for the movie were the music and the effects, but you may not be able to fully appreciate them if you just rented it.

Unless you have one badass home entertainment system. -.^

Charmander02
May 27, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-05-27 13:09, Nixia wrote:

On 2006-05-27 13:02, Charmander02 wrote:

Hard to say. A couple of saving graces for the movie were the music and the effects, but you may not be able to fully appreciate them if you just rented it.

Unless you have one badass home entertainment system. -.^

Actually i do, my dad spent so much on it that my mom was pissed at him for like a month.

So i guess i'll just rent it.

roygbiv
May 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
my understanding is that there will not be an xmen 4... that being said... the movies "magneto" and "wolverine" seem to be already in production.

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-05-27 12:53, Outrider wrote:
I mean, I understand why Cyclops was killed. Marsden couldn't do it, and a lot of casual X-Men fans don't care about him.

But it doesn't mean they're right. Wolverine and Storm should not lead the story. Wolverine can, but it's difficult, and Halle Barry is atrocious in these films. I don't care how big a name she is, they shouldn't have written the script to play up her character.

I thought she was okay in small doses in the last two, but I see your point. She totally blew it.

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-05-27 13:34, roygbiv wrote:
my understanding is that there will not be an xmen 4... that being said... the movies "magneto" and "wolverine" seem to be already in production.

Oh, God NO!!

Well, it "Wolverine" is anything like X3 we can all say goodbye to the last good thing of the movie franchise T-T.

R.I.P. X-Men movie integrity, thou shall be sorely missed.

Saraphim
May 27, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-05-27 13:50, Nixia wrote:

On 2006-05-27 13:34, roygbiv wrote:

Oh, God NO!!

Well, it "Wolverine" is anything like X3 we can all say goodbye to the last good thing of the movie franchise T-T.

R.I.P. X-Men movie integrity, thou shall be sorely missed.

X4 is out of the question, especailly when you consider how X3 ended. However I do see the possibilty of an off-shoot like X-Men: The Next Generation or something like that.

It will be a sad attempt to suck in as much cash as possible from the X-Men universe unless they have to tackle Apocolypse and they bring in Cable and/or Gambit (as was discussed earlier).

And as for a "Magneto" movie I highly doubt it. Yes X4 ended with a teaser about his powers, but that's all it was.

*sigh* I'll just pop in X2 and rejoice in what could have been... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deathscythealpha
May 27, 2006, 06:31 PM
Did anyone else stay til the end of the credits for the other 'Teaser' scene? Its nothing major, but it is very reminiscent of a scene from the orginal cartoon.

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 06:33 PM
Logically an X4 should be out of the question, but because of the utter crap that was X3, I wouldn't put it past them if only to rake more money in. -.-;;

Maybe the "Magneto" movie would be about his life, what made him the way he is today--that sort of thing, I dunno.

Yeah, the teasers gets people all excited about another sequel, but then when you get past it, and actually think about how he'd go about his usual agenda, nothing really comes to mind (nothing good, anyway), but that's just me.

Seeing as they don't like to keep to the canon, bringing in Cable shouldn't be a problem. ^_^

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-05-27 16:31, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Did anyone else stay til the end of the credits for the other 'Teaser' scene? Its nothing major, but it is very reminiscent of a scene from the orginal cartoon.

Yup! ^.^

I must've missed that episode. >.< Or, I don't remember it, exactly.

Outrider
May 27, 2006, 07:05 PM
Eh, I figure in twenty years or so, we'll get a new X-Men movie continuity, and maybe they can keep that version from having a crappy third movie.

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-05-27 17:05, Outrider wrote:
Eh, I figure in twenty years or so, we'll get a new X-Men movie continuity, and maybe they can keep that version from having a crappy third movie.

Lol! XD

History tends to repeat itself, so we'll see. ;3

Shattered_weasel
May 27, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-05-27 17:22, Nixia wrote:

Lol! XD

Like it seemed to repeat itself with Batman

Saraphim
May 27, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-05-27 17:27, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Lol! XD

Batman=Phail lol
As a side note, I would like to know what happened in the teaser after the credits (I didn't stay so I guess I phail too lol)

Nixia
May 27, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-05-27 21:09, Saraphim wrote:

On 2006-05-27 17:27, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Lol! XD

Batman=Phail lol
As a side note, I would like to know what happened in the teaser after the credits (I didn't stay so I guess I phail too lol)

Xavier took over that unconscious dude that they showed on the tele in the beginning.

roygbiv
May 28, 2006, 03:11 AM
Oh... magneto and wolverine movies are confirmed...

presumably the magneto movie takes place earlier in his life... uh... fighting nazis...

Nixia
May 28, 2006, 03:12 AM
On 2006-05-28 01:11, roygbiv wrote:
Oh... magneto and wolverine movies are confirmed...

presumably the magneto movie takes place earlier in his life... uh... fighting nazis...

Oh, Jesus. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

GrumblyStuff
May 28, 2006, 05:12 AM
Hmm. I see a large cloud of Suck in these concepts.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
May 28, 2006, 10:11 AM
lol, magneto vs. nazis....
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
that idea is so absurd... that I would HAVE to go see it.

Saraphim
May 28, 2006, 10:27 AM
Wait a minute, if the continuity of these films keeps intact they showed his origin brefiely in the first film. So maybe they will get some youngh guy to play Magneto and he will beat up Nazi's (Cliche) or.... maybe he is used by the Nazis. Hmm, either way sounds like a bad idea. What about the Wolverine movie, is that gonna have x-Factor stuff, or just about him trolling through Alkali Lake looking for a clue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shattered_weasel
May 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
I acctually think the Magneto movie could be really good if it is done right. Not an all out war of him vs. Nazis but his life through the Holocaust and inside a Concentration Camp. But alas it does not look like it will be that.

Also the Wolverine movie could be down well if they concentrate on the Wolverine:Origin story and not his exploits of escape from Weapon X.

But alas we will probably get 2 more mindless action films.

Deathscythealpha
May 28, 2006, 01:38 PM
Suppossedly the 'Magneto' movie will be following the storyline of an earlier series of comics. After being encarcerated in the Death Camp and having been freed, Magneto did spend several years hunting down and killing Nazi War Criminals. Could be interesting if done right, but only really if it was done as some sort of drama. Covering those sort of issues with a generic action film would really suck.

Saraphim
May 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-05-28 11:38, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Suppossedly the 'Magneto' movie will be following the storyline of an earlier series of comics. After being encarcerated in the Death Camp and having been freed, Magneto did spend several years hunting down and killing Nazi War Criminals. Could be interesting if done right, but only really if it was done as some sort of drama. Covering those sort of issues with a generic action film would really suck.

Oh goodness, I can already see the reviews "The Punisher (the one w/ Dolph Lungren YUK) meets Schindlers List" Gawd, please no...

You are right, it could be interesting, but most likely will come down to Magneto beating some Uber mutant Nazi. Well, maybe the new Ghost Rider flick will be good...

jnblz316
May 28, 2006, 03:23 PM
To me this movie was very bitter sweet.

Saraphim
May 28, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-05-28 13:23, jnblz316 wrote:

Why? Because they killed off so many people, or because you were eating a pickle and M&M's at the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 04:43 AM
On 2006-05-28 15:22, Saraphim wrote:

On 2006-05-28 13:23, jnblz316 wrote:

Why? Because they killed off so many people, or because you were eating a pickle and M&M's at the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's just nasty.[/Cleaveland voice] XD

Blue-Hawk
May 29, 2006, 08:50 AM
I saw it last night and I thought it was rather well done. Yes, there were a few places where the plot left holes in it, but otherwise it was a good movie.

Hey, #1 slot and $107 mil on opening week can't be TOO bad, can it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saraphim
May 29, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-05-29 06:50, Blue-Hawk wrote:
I saw it last night and I thought it was rather well done. Yes, there were a few places where the plot left holes in it, but otherwise it was a good movie.

Hey, #1 slot and $107 mil on opening week can't be TOO bad, can it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, there was no doubt that the movie would make tons of money, and for the most part it was a good movie. I can't speak for the others that posted on this thread, but I feel that X2 was better. The way that SO many people were killed off in X3 is the main sore point with me.

Solstis
May 29, 2006, 12:40 PM
I think that they bought the script off of eBay.

VioletSkye
May 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
Just got done watching it and I have to say I was very disappointed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
There were soooooo many cool things they could have explored/given more attention to. The movie seemed like it was thrown together with no thought to character development. They didn't even TRY to build on any of the new characters and why was Jean even in this one, she did NOTHING but stand there and look hot. As was mentioned earlier the ending was anti-climactic and kinda boring. When Singer decided to direct Supes, I had a bad feeling things would go awry with X3 and unfortunately my suspicions were correct. Here's hoping Superman will make a triumphant return http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-05-29 13:05, VioletSkye wrote:Here's hoping Superman will make a triumphant return http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

d00d Superman is teh suxz0rz!!

We'll see if I can get passes to that, too. But, he can't fight. How many more powers do you need?!?! Seriously!!! Everytime he "fights" in Justice League his ass gets tossed around like a ragdoll WTF, man?!? >.O That's why I love Batman so much, he's just cooler, and he doesn't need superpowers to kick ass (yes, I know he has lots of money, but he'd still kick ass)!! <3

VioletSkye
May 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
I liked the first and second of the Batman movies and I really liked Batman Begins, but the others were lame beyond belief. I don't watch Justice League so I don't know how Superman "fights" in that cartoon, but I've always liked the character of Superman and I LOVED the old black and white tv series. The first two Superman movies were descent, but after that they also got pretty lame.

I am really looking forward to the next Batman movie though also. What I'd really like to see is a movie based on The Wonder Twins (Jayna is hawt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-05-29 19:05, VioletSkye wrote:
I liked the first and second of the Batman movies and I really liked Batman Begins, but the others were lame beyond belief.

I love the live action movies (except for Batman & Robin, that was just uber crap) but, I'm a bigger fan of the cartoon series. <3

Shattered_weasel
May 29, 2006, 09:26 PM
Bah! All the Batman movies were horrible except for Batman: Begins.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 29, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-05-29 19:26, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Chest plate nipples, Adam West, Jack Nicholson Joker(not that bad actually, since he got more screen time then Batman from Tim Burton directing bad guys taking precedence), Arnold being Mr. Freeze, etc.

The whole Batman + movie ordeal was just a big comedy?

(until Begins?)

X-Men 3 doesn't sound that hot, thanks for your thoughts on it guys.

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-05-29 20:23, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Chest plate nipples

Yeah, wtf was up with that? Seriously? XP

X-Men 3 doesn't sound that hot, thanks for your thoughts on it guys.

Don't mention it! I got passes to The Break-up, too, so we'll see how well that goes.

Shattered_weasel
May 29, 2006, 10:38 PM

On 2006-05-29 19:26, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Chest plate nipples, Adam West, Jack Nicholson Joker(not that bad actually, since he got more screen time then Batman from Tim Burton directing bad guys taking precedence), Arnold being Mr. Freeze, etc.

The whole Batman + movie ordeal was just a big comedy?

(until Begins?)

I was just talking to polished about this. Apparently he never saw Batman Begins because he thought it was going to be a shitty movie like the Burton and Shoemaker films. Too bad really because Batman Begins shows what Batman is really like.

Zelutos
May 29, 2006, 11:22 PM
I now wish i was a mutant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yeah, good movie, bad storyline. They should have went indepth with Leech....and why is Nightcrawler in the game, but not the movie? I wanted to see Nightcrawler http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: Is the game any good?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-05-29 21:38 ]</font>

Solstis
May 29, 2006, 11:34 PM
The actor went *bamf* and decided that he hated the hour+ long makeup process (possibly longer).

Nixia
May 29, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-05-29 21:22, Zelutos wrote:
I now wish i was a mutant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yeah, good movie, bad storyline. They should have went indepth with Leech....and why is Nightcrawler in the game, but not the movie? I wanted to see Nightcrawler http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: Is the game any good?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-05-29 21:38 ]</font>

Games based on Movies are absolute bullcrap 99.9% of the time.

Oryan
May 29, 2006, 11:52 PM
Spiderman 2: The Game was probably the best Movie/Game rip out there....
I heard Nightcrawler wasnt in the movie because they were running out of blue make-up with Beast and Mystique.

Nixia
May 30, 2006, 12:16 AM
On 2006-05-29 21:52, Oryan wrote:
I heard Nightcrawler wasnt in the movie because they were running out of blue make-up with Beast and Mystique.

WTF? Buy more, then? :/

Zelutos
May 30, 2006, 02:12 AM
On 2006-05-29 21:52, Oryan wrote:

But Nightcrawler is only the best mutant ever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shattered_weasel
May 30, 2006, 06:15 AM
It explains why he is not in the movie in the game. Storylinewise.

Deathscythealpha
May 30, 2006, 06:40 AM
On 2006-05-29 18:29, Nixia wrote:

On 2006-05-29 13:05, VioletSkye wrote:Here's hoping Superman will make a triumphant return http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

d00d Superman is teh suxz0rz!!

We'll see if I can get passes to that, too. But, he can't fight. How many more powers do you need?!?! Seriously!!! Everytime he "fights" in Justice League his ass gets tossed around like a ragdoll WTF, man?!? >.O That's why I love Batman so much, he's just cooler, and he doesn't need superpowers to kick ass (yes, I know he has lots of money, but he'd still kick ass)!! <3

You need more 'Superman/Batman' comics in your life. One of the best series DC has been producing in recent years. The first trade paperback is definately worth the cash to see Superman kick some serious ass. There's even a showdown with Captain Marvel, something most people have been waiting years for. Also a lot of good Batman development (My god, a comic where Batman isnt a dick!). Plus, the art has been consistently great even though they change the artists every story arc.

Back to X3. The game doesnt look too hot, but could be an interesting diversion. The X360 version looks terrible for a next gen game though. We had the game playing on all the TV's at work, and i thought it was the PS2 version until i went to switch the machines off. But it does supposedly explain Nightcrawlers absence, so maybe that will be interesting (I was disapointed that NC was missing, was a great oppertunity to advance the character. Too bad the actor didnt want to return).

Shattered_weasel
May 30, 2006, 06:52 AM
Gonna agree with "Superman/Batman" trade. Except for the fact that it goes to crap after the 2nd arc.

roygbiv
May 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
On 2006-05-30 04:15, Shattered_weasel wrote:
It explains why he is not in the movie in the game. Storylinewise.

remind me?

Nixia
May 30, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-05-30 04:40, Deathscythealpha wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-05-29 18:29, Nixia wrote:
You need more 'Superman/Batman' comics in your life. One of the best series DC has been producing in recent years. The first trade paperback is definately worth the cash to see Superman kick some serious ass. There's even a showdown with Captain Marvel, something most people have been waiting years for. Also a lot of good Batman development (My god, a comic where Batman isnt a dick!). Plus, the art has been consistently great even though they change the artists every story arc.

I'll be sure to look into it. Around how much is the trade paperback?

Saraphim
May 30, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-05-30 04:40, Deathscythealpha wrote:
But it does supposedly explain Nightcrawlers absence, so maybe that will be interesting (I was disapointed that NC was missing, was a great oppertunity to advance the character. Too bad the actor didnt want to return).

Of course he didn't want to be in it. Hell, he would have just gotten killed off too, or shoved in the background with all the other "cameo's". The game doesn't intrest me in the least, as most movie to game titles sux. And I can't see myself spending another $50 to have a bad movie plot futher explained to me (does anyone really play "Matrix Online? LOL")

Luis
May 30, 2006, 10:22 PM
maybe some of you are interrested on this

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html

PJ
May 30, 2006, 10:46 PM
I just saw XMen 3 today with some friends, coming in expecting to be disappointing at some points. I never really found anything to be disappointed with.

Ok, the only part of the story that was lacking was character development. And that's because it was covered in 1 & 2. It's unfortunate that this wasn't really a movie that you could just pick up out of nowhere, but eh, I've got nerdy brothers.

Man, I really thought Juggernaut was hilarious! XD

I thought Batman Begins was terrible

Sayara
May 30, 2006, 10:57 PM
Well, if you didnt have any expectations for the movie, i wasn't disappointed.

The superman trailer that came with the movie was sex on ice though <3

roygbiv
May 30, 2006, 11:31 PM
yeah... I am kind of looking forward to superman now... especially with kevin spacey <3

Shattered_weasel
May 31, 2006, 12:39 AM
On 2006-05-30 20:46, PJ wrote:

I thought Batman Begins was terrible

Wag of the Finger

Saraphim
May 31, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-05-30 21:31, roygbiv wrote:
yeah... I am kind of looking forward to superman now... especially with kevin spacey <3

Kevin Spacey will make an awesome Lex Luthor. I can't wait until it comes out. And as for X3, all I can say (that hasn't been said before) is killing off Xavier FTL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tystys
May 31, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-05-30 23:19, Saraphim wrote:

On 2006-05-30 21:31, roygbiv wrote:

Kevin Spacey will make an awesome Lex Luthor. I can't wait until it comes out. And as for X3, all I can say (that hasn't been said before) is killing off Xavier FTL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

X3=KITTY FACE!

On a related note, did anyone see the supposed 20 seconds extra scene at the end? What was it? I forgot to stay after the credits, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saraphim
May 31, 2006, 01:39 AM
On 2006-05-30 23:22, Tystys wrote:
X3=KITTY FACE!

On a related note, did anyone see the supposed 20 seconds extra scene at the end? What was it? I forgot to stay after the credits, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Good question, I didn't stay either. Surely someone can tell us this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I think its a teaser about the next movie, but I'm not certain (as I am getting this as second hand info).

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 03:25 AM
Muahahaha!! Xavier took over that braindead guy they showed on that video in the beginning. He lives!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nixia on 2006-05-31 01:26 ]</font>

Allos
May 31, 2006, 08:54 AM
I thought it felt a little light weight compared to the other films in the series but it was still good. Kudos to Brett Ratner (a man that takes a lot more shit than he deserves).

Latiku
May 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
It was a nice movie...but it wasn't X-men.

Most of the points that aggravated me have already been touched on (Unnecessary deaths, lack of character development, forcing numerous story lines together, merely throwing mutants out there to show off powers, and no Gambit).

One thing I would like to add were some mistakes that were made.
1) Juggernaut is not a mutant, he gets his power from the Gem of Cyttorak (magical power). Therefore Leech's power would not affect him
2) Colossus can not transfer his power to someone else. Someone mentioned that it was Rouge in the War room but even so, Colossus wasn't even effected by having his power drained? He could not protect himself while rogue used his power as well.

Anyone else catch any others?

Outrider
May 31, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-05-31 09:18, Latiku wrote:
It was a nice movie...but it wasn't X-men.

Most of the points that aggravated me have already been touched on (Unnecessary deaths, lack of character development, forcing numerous story lines together, merely throwing mutants out there to show off powers, and no Gambit).

One thing I would like to add were some mistakes that were made.
1) Juggernaut is not a mutant, he gets his power from the Gem of Cyttorak (magical power). Therefore Leech's power would not affect him
2) Colossus can not transfer his power to someone else. Someone mentioned that it was Rouge in the War room but even so, Colossus wasn't even effected by having his power drained? He could not protect himself while rogue used his power as well.

Anyone else catch any others?

Everyone has to stop freaking out about Gambit. He's a loser, dude.

But anywho, just because Juggernaut isn't a mutant in the comic and cartoon continuity doesn't mean he can't be one in the movie continuity. You might as well complain about how Arklyte (sp?) was a woman in the movie when he's a dude in the comics. It's a different continuity, therefore you can't apply the same rules to these characters.

And in that first scene, Colossus didn't apply his powers over Rogue. He very clearly touches her exposed forehead so she can take the power, and afterwards he's shown shaking his head and acting a little drowsy in order to show what has just happened.

navci
May 31, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hm. Okay. I did not read X-men comic when I was young so it was not a huge part of my life. I am not familiar with all of the back story, I read bits and pieces of it but I don't know all the people and how they are related.

Okay. Now that was out of the way.
I went into the movie expecting pretty much nothing, well, I expected to see Captain Picard in Vancouver, if I get to see it, I was happy.

So. I came out of the movie happy.
Ya it isn't the same kinda movie like the first and second. It feels different. This felt like a super hero movie. You know, awesome looking people come out. BAM BAM BAM. Explosion and super big action scenes.
I was actually quite entertained.

1. Wolverine. I'd really rather see more of other people than him now. I like Wolverine, I like Hugh Jackman. But dammit! I'd rather we see more of Colossus!

2. Beast is awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Well picked!

3. The X-men props people bought a bunch of stuff from us as props. Mostly shown in the scene with young Angel and him trying to get off his wings. The bunch of graters, knives, scissors, were all sold from us. So that was kinda cool when we saw that.

4. I was actually at the scene when they shot the protest in front of the worthington labs scene. Where Angel's dad was gonna make Angel take the cure. I also walked by the church scene where Magneto was giving his speech. XD

5. Which brings me to the point. While I love having movies shot in Vancouver. Seeing it sometimes really takes me away from the scene and make me chuckle because I am too busy being amused by "omg its Vancouver" than focusing on what the movie was talking about.

6. I thought the scene with Professor X and Jean in her house was pretty good. Even with the wind flattened face it managed to feel quite touching.

7. Damn Pyro is annoying.

8. Mystique with black hair = hawt.

9. I AM THE JUGGANAUT BITCH! I laughed so much over it. ANd said it so many times after the movies to the people I went with they had to hit me.

Ya. I dunno. If they do make any more movies after this I do expect it to be shit. Even if I were to go into see it, honestly I'd just expect to see colourful costume and be entertained. Ya know, nowadays I don't think I really go into any movies having any sort of expectations anymore. I think I am happier that way.

Yay rambling.

roygbiv
May 31, 2006, 12:55 PM
3. The X-men props people bought a bunch of stuff from us as props. Mostly shown in the scene with young Angel and him trying to get off his wings. The bunch of graters, knives, scissors, were all sold from us. So that was kinda cool when we saw that.

uh... that is pretty awesome!!!

Yeah I have to emphasize I found the movie totally enjoyable... just different from what I was expecting...

Rhelik
May 31, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-05-31 10:09, Outrider wrote:

But anywho, just because Juggernaut isn't a mutant in the comic and cartoon continuity doesn't mean he can't be one in the movie continuity. You might as well complain about how Arklyte (sp?) was a woman in the movie when he's a dude in the comics. It's a different continuity, therefore you can't apply the same rules to these characters.

Mystique (In the comincs: Rouge's mentor and mother to Nightcrawler) and Psyloche are NOT evil, they are part of the X-Men team.
Iceman and Angel were members of the original X-men team.
... and the list goes on.

Unfortunately, all comic-based movies cant follow the comic exactly really. After all, Spiderman was never able to shoot his own webs, he had to use cartridges. Only Venom could naturally shoot web. That's all technicalities though with only $100 million budget to work with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I couldnt agree more. Two thumbs way down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Outrider
May 31, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-05-31 12:40, Rhelik wrote:
Unfortunately, all comic-based movies cant follow the comic exactly really. After all, Spiderman was never able to shoot his own webs, he had to use cartridges. Only Venom could naturally shoot web. That's all technicalities though with only $100 million budget to work with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, within the past year or so he gained this ability. He might have lost it by now. I'm not sure.

Also, am I the only one that found the scene with young Angel and the knives to be... rather gruesome? I dunno, it certainly was more "gore" than I was expecting. But man, Angel is more hardcore than I thought.

navci
May 31, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-05-31 13:43, Outrider wrote:

Also, am I the only one that found the scene with young Angel and the knives to be... rather gruesome? I dunno, it certainly was more "gore" than I was expecting. But man, Angel is more hardcore than I thought.

When you are mortally afraid of having things randomly grow on your back and desperately trying to get rid of it, I guess you'd be hardcore too.

The lady who bought the knives requested especially for the most gruesome looking ones. >.>

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-05-31 14:32, navci wrote:

When you are mortally afraid of having things randomly grow on your back and desperately trying to get rid of it, I guess you'd be hardcore too.

I think that was just so nobody, least of all his father, would find out about it. But, whatever. I thought that was pretty sad if anything.

Angel=<3

Allos
May 31, 2006, 09:52 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------SPOILER-----------------------------------------------------------

Everyone brings up good points, but I think this is one instance in which I'll say that your opinion (yes, opinion) is downright wrong if you weren't happy when they killed off Cyclops. The movies made him into a pansy and we all know it.

Nixia
May 31, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-05-31 19:52, Allos wrote:
Everyone brings up good points, but I think this is one instance in which I'll say that your opinion (yes, opinion) is downright wrong if you weren't happy when they killed off Cyclops.

There was nothing to be happy about, since you didn't see anything. If Cyclops was reduced to itty bitty bits n' pieces like everyone else--that would be something to be happy about.

On 2006-05-31 19:52, Allos wrote:

The movies made him into a pansy and we all know it.

Well, more so. XD

Absol197
May 31, 2006, 11:43 PM
One discrepancy between X-2 and X-3 that bothered me was Phoenix. All during X-2, Jean is seen with fire in her eyes, and at the end she is wreathed in fire. But in X-3, not even a single tongue of flame is seen. I'm not sure how everyone else felt about this (in all likelyhood, no one cares), but it seemed when the movies changed directors, Phoenix's basic concept was changed. I personally was wanting to see a giant firebird!

I also agree with a lot of things that have already been said: No Nightcrawler or Gambit, bad; killing off Cyclops, bad; the movie in general, not too good. I expected a lot more than what was delivered.

Outrider
Jun 1, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-05-31 15:36, Nixia wrote:

On 2006-05-31 14:32, navci wrote:

I think that was just so nobody, least of all his father, would find out about it. But, whatever. I thought that was pretty sad if anything.

Angel=<3

I fully understand the point of the scene. I just was taken by surprise at the extent that the movie showed it.

Solstis
Jun 1, 2006, 01:08 PM
Uh, Rhelik, isn't Mystique an X-Man for, er, a month or so?

navci
Jun 1, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-05-31 22:23, Outrider wrote:

I fully understand the point of the scene. I just was taken by surprise at the extent that the movie showed it.

I see what you mean too. :>
Maybe its either that or Beast trying to shave off all his hair.... not that it will help, of course. XD

AxelgearVII
Jun 2, 2006, 02:50 AM
----------------------------------------------------SPOILERS----------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion....

Pros
-Great effects
-"Dont you know who I am?! Im the Juggernaut bitch!"
-Great fight scenes
-Storms new haircut
-Nice plot setup
-Acknowledgement of sentinals (Kind of on the fence with this one. How would they know to train against sentinals in the Danger Room if they never encountered real ones?)
-Good cliffhangers toward the end

Cons
-No Jubliee
*No Gambit
*Nightcrawler falls off the face of the earth
-Hank McCoy was portray as a perfectly normal human scientist in X2. Now he's magically a blue mutant in X3.
**The Phoenix was portrayed improperly. There were no connotations to her being a firebird, or having anything to do with fire. The way the Phoenix was explained as being a separate personality seemed incomplete and an excuse to throw the character in there. Jean Grey also should'nt have been killed IMO
-Rogue got rid of her powers. Also the situation with Bobby and Kitty Pride was'nt delved into enough.
-Some mutants should have been given names

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVIII on 2006-06-02 00:52 ]</font>

Absol197
Jun 5, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yay! Someone else thought that Phoenix should have been a firebird! I'm not alone!

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jun 8, 2006, 03:49 PM
I really dont feel like reading through all 7 pages right now, so I'll just say right now that I heard that Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) wanted to do an X-Men movie more centered around Wolverine's story, or something like that. X-3, yeah i agree, somewhat underdeveloped and etc. I was so fu**ing suprised when the Juggernaut had his oh so famous line in the movie, quite liked it.

Oh and I'd like to shake the hand of the man who thought of using Kelsey Grammar(SP?) for The Beast

Edit: BTW, Pyro was such a suck up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2006-06-08 13:54 ]</font>

Moo2u
Jun 9, 2006, 02:56 PM
On 2006-06-08 13:49, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

Oh and I'd like to shake the hand of the man who thought of using Kelsey Grammar(SP?) for The Beast

Kelsey Grammer FTW!!

Rhelik
Jun 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-06-01 11:08, Solstis wrote:

I dunno how long she was actually on the team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Shattered_weasel
Jun 9, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-06-09 13:28, Rhelik wrote:

On 2006-06-01 11:08, Solstis wrote:

I dunno how long she was actually on the team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

She is on it right now.

Moo2u
Jun 9, 2006, 05:12 PM
weasel, do you keep up with like every comic? I wish I had that cash. I had to drop X-men from my list a long long time ago.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 9, 2006, 06:07 PM
I keep up with what comics are good. To me that is.