PDA

View Full Version : Should i pre-order Online?

ReikenFeralsbane
Oct 16, 2002, 06:15 AM
should iuse EBworld.com to pre-order my modem and PSO
as opposed to going to my ex job to do it?

The reason i ask this is i heard you recieve merchandise earlier than the stores get them in.
People have told me they got they're gamecubes a week early. Sounds like BS but i'm still contemplating trying it.

Etrigan
Oct 16, 2002, 09:14 AM
I ordered the modem from ebgames.com, but I'm preordering the game from my local store. That way I save on shipping if nothing else, because the two will likely be shipped separately.

Spy
Oct 16, 2002, 11:47 AM
On 2002-10-16 04:15, ReikenFeralsbane wrote:

The reason i ask this is i heard you recieve merchandise earlier than the stores get them in.
People have told me they got they're gamecubes a week early. Sounds like BS but i'm still contemplating trying it.

That's not as fun as camping outside of the store. And you can't scalp keyboards as easily online :-

flyrobinfly
Oct 16, 2002, 12:40 PM
It's been my experience that you can get games at the same time from either physical stores or their online counterparts, as long as you're paying through the nose for overnight shipping. This is why I usually purchase locally if given the chance - I don't mind driving all over creation to find a retailer that carries a given peripheral / game.

Despite this, I decided to preorder PSO from ebgames.com because I trust that they're more likely to have an ample supply of BBA's / Modems in stock than my neighborhood Toys R Us. I can always wait a week for another shipment of Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy X to arrive locally, but I'm not taking any risks with my PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ReikenFeralsbane
Oct 16, 2002, 06:25 PM
Hmm, decisions.
perhaps i shall just go in person, i'll get to see my ex co-workers/buddies, unless the stupid new manager is there >___<