PDA

View Full Version : What's a good setup for a Ramarl?

wufiei
May 30, 2006, 12:11 PM
I mainly need suggestions on good slots for her.

This is what she currently using:

Name: Stacy Faltz
Class: Ramarl
ID: Greenil
Level: 133
Weapons: Yasmonkov 3000r, Spread Needle, Red Mechs
Armor: Luminous Field
Barrier: Secret Gear
Slots: God/Power, Hero/Ability, Hero/Ability, Cure/Poison

In the Bank:

Frozen Shooter, Spirit Vulcans (35% hit), Giest Vulcans (25% hit), Red Scorpio (may use if I find her a God/Battle).

What I'm looking for:

Rico's Earrings
Yasminkov 9000m (need to get better stuff for Fomarl Purplenum first though)
Red Mechs with hit (for stylish reasons)
God/Battle
God/Ability
Cure/Shock
Cure/Slow
Cure/Freeze

wufiei
May 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
I forgot to mention what mag she's using. It's a 5/145/50/0 Sato (Pilla, Liella, Forlia)

Rekitheforce
May 30, 2006, 12:25 PM
By slots you are talking about slots for frames right?

GrumblyStuff
May 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
Once you get the Yas 9000M, you can ditch the Yas 3000R for the Frozen Shooter. Freeze 'em, switch to the 9000M, and watch as all your hits hit at rifle range.

Try doing Temple runs with her for a Standstill Shield (1/3000ish from Merlans IIRC) or use a Viridia to pipe one from a Mily (same area).

As for slot items, consider what you need where. Cure/Shock is only really need in the Forest and CCA levels and (sometimes) Volt Op, Gol Dragon, and Gal Gryphon but as a Ranger you should be able to keep your distance and never need it. Cure/Slow isn't really needed either. Cure/Freeze is really useful in the Seabed (bring the Frozen Shooter). God/Battle is nice but not entirely necessary; God/Ability would be better. You might want to search out a God/Arm to replace the Cure/Poison.

And since you're Greennill, keep your eye out for a Justy or Hell/Demon Laser with high hit%.

Zarbolord
May 30, 2006, 12:48 PM
I don't think the other term of the word would be apropriate, yes for frames, they're the only armor that has spaces.
It depends on what you're doing at the moment. Always keep a cure/freeze on you though as it comes in handy many a time. I'm the living proof, Vol Opt wouldn't have been easy for me without it.

whiteninja
May 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
This is what mine uses:

(not all of the weapons at once)
Hell Raygun +15 0/30/0/25/50
Demon's Laser +25 0/0/0/25/45
Spirit Vulcan +9 0/40/0/40/50 (So, your 35h ones are worth a try)
Zalure Needle +70
Beserk Needle +70
Demon's S-Rank Mechgun
Frozen Shooter +9 0/45/0/20
Snow Queen +18 15/0/0/25/30
Yasminkov 9000M 0/0/0/0

Aura Field 273/138
Standstill Shield 178/187

(these slots own)
God/Battle
Cure/Confuse
Cure/Freeze
Cure/Shock

Sato 5/145/50/0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-05-30 12:49 ]</font>

Hrith
May 30, 2006, 04:02 PM
Nothing works better than this:

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psobb/terra/setup.png

rena-ko
May 30, 2006, 04:06 PM
mag stats?

Hrith
May 30, 2006, 04:09 PM
They depend on your mat diet, mine are 5/93/41/61.

Dana
May 30, 2006, 04:32 PM
Nothing ay' O_o;

Srank Mechs (Geist)
Srank Twin (Beserk)
Srank Needle (Beserk)
Srank Shot (Demon's)
Srank Scythe (Beserk)
Frozen Shooter
Bringers Rifle

Lieutenant Mantle/Virus Armor: Lafuteria
Cure/--
Cure/--
Centurion/Ability
V101
Secure Feet/Ranger Wall
Sato (5, 80, 45, 70)

for 'maxing' 5 80 40 75

Setup for me depends on area.

Only FS, Bringers, Srank Shot, and Ranger wall for Towers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dana_ranger on 2006-05-30 14:35 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 30, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-05-30 14:02, Kef wrote:
Nothing works better than this:

Except that setup with Dimates, and Trimates.

Hrith
May 31, 2006, 05:02 AM
Dimates and Trimates are for n00bs, or bad chars like RAmar and HUmar.

I have two Lv200 RAmarls, I never needed a single mate, not once.

It may come from the way I play, but I really see no reason to carry mates on a RAmarl, HUnewearl or Forces.
Heck, on Gamecube, my HUcast did not carry any.

Dana
May 31, 2006, 09:06 AM
On 2006-05-31 03:02, Kef wrote:

I have two Lv200 RAmarls, I never needed a single mate, not once.

It may come from the way I play, but I really see no reason to carry mates on a RAmarl, HUnewearl or Forces.
Heck, on Gamecube, my HUcast did not carry any.

u_u *Feels hurt*

Two player final PW3 room? Mate spam ftw.

I dont carry them on FO's
..But i have always carried them on my other characters. Hmm, maybe i should try it without them.

Hmm, other than that, i do see why just stars would be needed. I have never had to spam 30 worth of di/tri and star. Bar Wol4 and PW3. (Wol4 final room solo)

wufiei
May 31, 2006, 09:12 AM
And since you're Greennill, keep your eye out for a Justy or Hell/Demon Laser with high hit%.

Well lucky for me I have a Justy with 35% hit, another one with 25% hit, and a Demon Laser with 15% hit. One other question though. Do you think that I should switch to DF Field or would her current armor work alright for her?

GrumblyStuff
May 31, 2006, 10:06 AM
That depends. The differences between them (be minimum stats to minimum stats or max to max) is only 3 DFP and 8 EVP. Check what stats they have specifically. If the DF field is even close, it's probably worth switching just for the extra EDK and ELT resistence.

[edit]And might I recommend a Gi Gue Bazooka? I've been leveling up my Ramar as quickly as I can as of late and I've noticed how damn well it works on the dragons and Gal Gryphon bosses. Just hit that bit where the neck meets the body and you'll hit the head, the neck, the body, both legs, and both wings. It doesn't combo but it's even stronger than the Yas 3000R.

Psst. Also, keep the 3000R if you have PSO+ or play online. It's still very helpful in the towers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrumblyStuff on 2006-05-31 08:11 ]</font>

Hrith
May 31, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-05-31 07:06, Dana_ranger wrote:
(...)Like I said, I never used any. The Star Atomizers I carry are for my Mag's synchro exclusively, I never use them to heal me.

Lv.20 Resta and 1000+ MST is well enough for any situation, including the ones you mentioned.

Blitzkommando
May 31, 2006, 11:46 AM
I found that, after say... level 160 or so, I could use essentially any combination of weapons and armors (virtually any, no that crappy Maser Beam or junk like that) and be able to do fine. Melee, ranged, force... I was able to do it all and do it effectively. Heck I would occasionally pull out the old handbag and use the boosted range Resta and was purely techniques. Mind you, most of my games I was the 'force' for the team being that I played with RAmars, various droids, and the like and it worked quite well.

Really it depends on the how and why you play. For me, I play for fun so I constantly mix up my weapon and armor selection to allow for the most diverse gameplay. Don't be afraid to experiment occasionally. Sometimes a weapon that may seem like a bad idea can actually prove to be rather effective. Things like, say, Windmill can be rather decent and allow for a ranged shot as well. Something as simple as a Charge Partisan (Yes, Partisan not Gungnir) can be extremely effective. It's always fun to pull out those green weapons and see the reactions people give. Just choose what things you have fun with. Afterall, it might be most effective to use a Spread Needle in combination with Yasminkov 9000M but it can get very repetitive. Plus, the only mechguns worth anything are S-Rank mechs with geist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif 88TP a hit? Yes please!

Feelmirath
May 31, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-05-31 09:24, Kef wrote:
Like I said, I never used any. The Star Atomizers I carry are for my Mag's synchro exclusively, I never use them to heal me.

Lv.20 Resta and 1000+ MST is well enough for any situation, including the ones you mentioned.

Soooo... what happens if you get cornered?

hyperacute
May 31, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-05-31 11:14, Feelmirath wrote:

On 2006-05-31 09:24, Kef wrote:
Like I said, I never used any. The Star Atomizers I carry are for my Mag's synchro exclusively, I never use them to heal me.

Soooo... what happens if you get cornered?

That's an easy one. Simply shortcut a "Help me" symbol chat to one of the function keys (remember, the more annoying the better) and repeatedly spam it until the Force comes running over and spams resta at you. If the either yourself or the force die during this, then BAD FO!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Seriously, a RA should never be in a position where they get cornered. Then again, it never hurts to carry a few Trimates either...

Hrith
May 31, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-05-31 11:25, hyperacute wrote:
That's an easy one. Simply shortcut a "Help me" symbol chat to one of the function keys (remember, the more annoying the better) and repeatedly spam it until the Force comes running over and spams resta at you. If either yourself or the force dies during this, then BAD FO!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Sounds like we played together http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Dana
May 31, 2006, 02:08 PM
Hmm, If i didnt use a mate in PW3. When i was locked between 2 biters and a zoa (i think) i'd have kept resting until i ran out of TP and died. Or recived more than 660 damage multiple times to lower my HP more than resta regained.

In the end. A deldepth megid'd me >_> Hune and RAml last room PW3 isnt the funnest thing. But it wasnt that bad.

But i needed to use mates quite a few times then. I just got into a clumesy situation. Nothing i could avoid if i put half a though to it.

whiteninja
May 31, 2006, 02:12 PM
Kefka, three things:
1) The original poster is an X-Box player.
2) What are the S-Rank specials?
3) You carry Scapes?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Saiffy
May 31, 2006, 02:24 PM
All but shot are berserk, I believe. And the shot is demon's

Dana
May 31, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-05-31 12:12, whiteninja wrote:
Kefka, three things:
1) The original poster is an X-Box player.
2) What are the S-Rank specials?
3) You carry Scapes?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Scape- Exp lose, other than being 200, it put pressure on the FO.

>_>;;

I wont list his sranks special

Needle-Beserk
Launcher-Beserk
Slicer-beserk
Shot-Demons

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hrith
May 31, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-05-31 12:12, whiteninja wrote:
Kefka, three things:
1) The original poster is an X-Box player.I know.

2) What are the S-Rank specials?Saiffy knows it.

3) You carry Scapes?!In case I die, which very seldom happens it's either of those cases:
-I'm soloing a difficult area, which saves me the trip to Pioneer 2.
-All other players died before me, which saves us the trip to Pioneer 2.

<_<;

Shar
May 31, 2006, 06:41 PM
Lol Kef, you actually carry Telepipes but not Trimates? >_>

I personally always bring dimates and trimates with me as a hunewearl, beacuse I don't like getting into the "get hit, resta, get hit, resta" circle. And sometimes at bosses like Shambertin when I solo I rather use a trimate/dimate after he does his laser attack, so I can continue attacking and dealing damage more quickly.

whiteninja
May 31, 2006, 10:19 PM
The only way you can rely on Resta is if you are not relying on your own Resta, but a FO's. >.>

Hrith
Jun 1, 2006, 03:46 AM
Hence "soloing" >_>

I don't like getting into the "get hit, resta, get hit, resta" circle.That never happens to me, I never get in such a situation. And I solo Shambertin very often.

I carry telepipes for wall h4xing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2006-06-01 01:50 ]</font>

CM_vs_HP
Jun 5, 2006, 02:11 PM
[quote]
On 2006-05-31 03:02, Kef wrote:

Im sry but i do not agree...i prefer using Mate its Faster (anyway i hardly ever get hit) and i dont like WASTING time casting magic. Magic is mostly useless in this game,so i prefer having better ata and atp...Ramar arent bad.. you simply just dont like their superiority in the 2 ONLY stat that matter in this game.ATA and ATP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-06-05 20:16 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Jun 5, 2006, 07:14 PM
O.O(looks up, and looks around)....(runs away really fast)