PDA

View Full Version : Legit flow gene...

Zarbolord
May 30, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'd like to emphasise the fact that the following are only presumptions that I've made out of facts that I've checked myself or from friends. THE FOLLOWING METHODS ARE DESTINED TO BE TRIED, but are ofcourse very unlikely to succeed. I'd like players to help me check these online if possible as I can only play offline myself... You can also try them offline if you have nothing else to do. Let's say it's a mission I gove to you just for exp and rares you find in ULT seabed... Of course they are all in ULT.

1) The gene doesn't actually exist as an object by itself. Take what is needed to make the dark weapon (the grinded weapons) and use the weapon agaisnt Olga Flow in combat. The weapons will then evolve all by themselves once the combat terminated and Flowen's spirit flies away.

2) It has to be played in multiplayer mode. Two players only. Once has to have any Flowen's Sword (or the most common?) the other a red weapon. The One bearing Flowen's Sword needs to be Whitill and the other needs to be of Rico's ID (which I don't know, any help here?). Once the battle finished the gene will appear as an object directly after the battle OR you need to go back and check the spirit which will then give it to you.

3) This can be done by multiple players or one only but ALL red weapons must be present in the fight and have attacked Olga Flow in some way or another having dealt him damage. Same as above you recieve the gene.

4) It is not Olga Flow that has the gene but the spirit, with a probabiltiy of it leaving the gene.

There, PLEASE DO NOT DISS THIS TOPIC. I know that hackers and such have said that it is impossible, but I have doubts on certain things. Try them out first, then say if they don't work, not just that they are crap and won't. You don't really know until you try. I can't do #2 as I don't have a Whitill hunter. So good luck to you all. Ryna and other mods, please understand that I'm trying to see if it is possbile to get it legit.

BeeYee
May 30, 2006, 01:35 PM
i wonder if anyone here knows the sect. ID of Rico...

Corey
May 30, 2006, 02:05 PM
1. Yes it does. There is an item called Parasitic Gene Flow and it can be used. But not found.
2. tried, didn't work
3. tried, didn't work
4. many people have tried this, never drops!

Saiffy
May 30, 2006, 02:19 PM
On 2006-05-30 12:05, Corey wrote:
1. Yes it does. There is an item called Parasitic Gene Flow and it can be used. But not found.
2. tried, didn't work
3. tried, didn't work
4. many people have tried this, never drops!

QFE

And Rico and Flowen are both whitill, I believe. Not 100% sure though.

BeeYee
May 30, 2006, 05:11 PM
Corey, youve actually tried the second one? You sure they were the right classes? and one more thing, what does QFE stand for?

xxTrystanxx
May 30, 2006, 06:22 PM
QFE=Quoted for Emphasis

Corey
May 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
I've tried it and I am sure a few others have also.

And yes, both are Whitill

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2006-05-30 17:33 ]</font>

BeeYee
May 30, 2006, 10:18 PM
o ok

Zarbolord
May 31, 2006, 06:23 AM
Right, so none of these work? Damn it! I suppose I'll have to stop searching for ways of getting it, it's tiring me out (I've tried many times, without success).

blace
May 31, 2006, 03:14 PM
The offline bit can do but online is something I can't nonetheless though I have not been able to find anything about the gene after defeating the boss.

kratos12429
Jun 2, 2006, 07:22 PM
I've searched and searched. Done every method I know offline. Nothing ever seems to work. I want the Dark Flow Sword so bad. I know it sucks and all but just to have it is all I want. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR SONIC TEAM?!?!?! Sorry folks lost my cool...

cherry
Jun 3, 2006, 04:43 PM
face it theres no way except for AR

VioletSkye
Jun 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-06-03 14:43, cherry wrote:
face it theres no way except for AR

You can create it through Item Modding which doesn't require an AR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 3, 2006, 10:20 PM
Alright...call me loco but I could've sworn the first time I battled Olga Flow his name was "Dark Flow", and this was before I knew about the Gene, so that eliminates the possibility that it was influencing my mind. Unfortunately, I died before I got the chance to kill him and see what he dropped <insert irony>. But of course the fight was a nail biter, and I was probably under the powerful influence of adrenaline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Corey
Jun 4, 2006, 07:45 AM
He didn't drop squat.

It's quite easy to get names confused too. Even then, if you DID see it, I wouldn't doubt that a text glitch is possible.

Even if his name changes, it means nothing. Olga Flow becoming a Dark flow essentially means he got named after his arm. >_>

BonusKun
Jun 5, 2006, 06:58 AM
You know it's really sad ST didn't make it possible to get these item legitly. It would have made me even stay longer after my 2nd 200 to actually try and possibly work on these items for the sake of completion alone.

After I realized ST was never going to release these items, I packed up my bags and left for something more fullfilling. Don't get me wrong tho. I'm also saying that I loved every minute of PSO that I played because it was fun with my freinds but if you're going to halfass a game ST *And don't any of you deny they didn't* then you shouldn't have even bothered to make the game in the 1st place.

~S N K

zandra117
Jun 6, 2006, 11:12 AM
I used AR to get a parisitic gene: "flow" and I tried using it on all the fully grinded non rare swords and they didn't change into dark flow. That has started to make me wonder if the commonly known way of creating the weapon was just a rumor. The parasitic gene: "flow" didnt work!!!

VioletSkye
Jun 6, 2006, 11:18 AM
Uhhh, it does work just fine. I've used it to make all 3 dark weapons and never had any problems. Are you sure you met the ATP and level requirements?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-06-06 09:22 ]</font>

zandra117
Jun 6, 2006, 11:24 AM
I attempted it on the xbox version, it might not work there.

VioletSkye
Jun 6, 2006, 12:21 PM
Why don't you try getting your story straight. You can't use an AR on XBox to get the Flow Gene, like you can on GC. XBox doesn't have any AR PSO codes.

zandra117
Jun 6, 2006, 04:46 PM
xbox has AR and softmodding

the only thing ive never seen on xbox is FSOD AR codes.

AR codes on psox are just character save data files that have been hacked. all you have to do is load them in splitscreen and transfer the AR hacked items
to your other character.

Im not explaining anymore for fear of breaking forum rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-06 14:51 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jun 7, 2006, 07:32 AM
Well, I feel a bit stupid because I've just realised something...
If you can get a weapon, item, or anything legitly, you have to be able to do it alone too right? Sooo, all possibilities of a multi are out of the question. The genes need to be dropped on solo. So online and offline can get it. The question is how? Where? With what? We just need to answer these questions. MUUT DITTS POUMN *maudit poing? sounds like french...* Anyway, I'm probably doing this uselessly. But if anyone has any ideas about extra solo info, then please post.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 7, 2006, 10:49 PM
jus a though but u dont think that havin three characters with the name MUUT, then DITTS, then POUMN on a multi game and you beat one of the bosses do u? its jus a thought

Zarbolord
Jun 8, 2006, 06:38 AM
Out of the question. The genes need to be achievable by every character (of course, legit) whatever their names are, whatever the mode. And one character's data doesn't affect the other's so how the hell would you make that work? And also if you read my preceeding psot, you would have known that it's should be achievable in solo mode... Anyway, has anyone got the following (please post them, they might help):
- The song of the Epilogue (the words) after Dark Falz EPI
- Same but after Olga Flow EPII
- And a special => has anyone managed to decipher what Olga Flow says when you startthe battle? You know, that ohhihihohoihhghoigoih bit that's sounds robotic? I think that if we slow it down or change the tone or something we hear him say how to get the gene. It's an idea since many others have failed, try this one guys.

Tekershee
Jun 8, 2006, 07:00 AM
I thought we confirmed that the drop rate is set to 0/64 or whatever it is...

Corey
Jun 8, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-06-06 14:46, zandra117 wrote:

AR codes on psox are just character save data files that have been hacked. all you have to do is load them in splitscreen and transfer the AR hacked items
to your other character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-06 14:51 ]</font>

pretty funny considering that AR codes are NOT just character saves that have been hacked. quite frankly you seem to be shootin bs all around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Zarbolord
Jun 11, 2006, 02:38 AM
I thought we confirmed that the drop rate is set to 0/64 or whatever it is...

That's why we're trying to see if there is a way of activating it. It's not the gene that has 0/64 it's the drop rate... What is the gene's drop rate suppose to be anyway?

Delfi
Jun 11, 2006, 07:28 AM
I think you will find that the DROP RATE for the gene is 1/64, however Olga flows Drop Anything Rate (DAR) = 0. This is why its impossible to obtain the gene legimately.Not even AR codes can change the Drop Anything Rate.

mitchm
Jun 11, 2006, 09:28 AM
so uhh... what the heck was the point of even putting this in the game if there is no possible way of getting it??? pretty stupid i think to put something in a game and say hahah you can never get it unless you cheat... kinda promotes cheating.

Jaspaller
Jun 11, 2006, 11:36 AM
SEGA probably intended to have it available in the future as some quest or something close to that. Being the lazy people they are, they never got around to it.

sum182
Jun 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
For the MUUT DITTS POUMN thing, there is a Heart of POUMN, maybe there are 2 other weaps that have something to do with MUUT and DITTS and you need to have those 3. Just a thought, probably wrong though.

zandra117
Jun 11, 2006, 01:43 PM
MUUT = Motavia = Prophets of Motav
DITTS = Desoris = ???
POUMN = Parma = Heart of POUMN

Motavia, Desoris, and Parma are the 3 planets of the Algol star system, the place where PSI, PSII, and PSIV take place.

There was also a 4th planet named Ryucros that appeared in PSIV.

Ragol made its first appearance in PSIII during Crys' Ending as an unknown planet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-11 11:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-11 11:57 ]</font>

zandra117
Jun 11, 2006, 01:47 PM
On 2006-06-08 05:42, Corey wrote:

On 2006-06-06 14:46, zandra117 wrote:

to your other character.

pretty funny considering that AR codes are NOT just character saves that have been hacked. quite frankly you seem to be shootin bs all around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Actually the AR code to get the parasitic gene was hacked, when I loaded the save on my xbox the parasitic gene was in my inventory, I just traded it to my other character.

Actually all AR codes are on xbox is gamesaves from modded xboxes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-06-11 11:50 ]</font>