PDA

View Full Version : What you don't like in a game

InfinityXXX
May 31, 2006, 12:31 AM
What do you not like in a video game? And after that,list games that you just can't stand.

-Bad camera angles

-Terrible Voice Actors

-Bad graphics.(I don't mind playing old games, but If I buy a game for the PS2 and it looks like it can be on the Sega Genesis, then theres a problem)

-Long, Slow Moving text

-Extremely Powered up difficult bosses that takes off half your HP or energy when you just touchthem

-Korny Jokes in games

-Major Cliches (the reason why I wasn't to hyped up on Tales of Symphonia. Nice game but just ain't that great)

-Long ass cut scenes (Xenosaga needs to be slapped for their cut scenes. That is ridiculous, I go outside to feed the dog, use the restroom, wash my hands, make a sandwich, and the Cut Scene is still going on!)

-Over reacting characters

-Un-Necessary Tutorials(Was it necesssary in Sonic Heros, to have a tutorial? I think everyone that has played Sonic knows what a "ring" is and what it can do)

-I hate the whole Friendship, stick together theme in games.

-Big the Cat, his frog, and Sigma from Megaman

-Overuse of the same formula(I love Megaman....but DAMN! Can't they put a major twist on the game formula)
------------------------------
Games I that I don't like and regret buying
(don't get mad if your a fan of the game)

-Sonic Heroes(the characyers were to damn slippery and when I make it towards the end of a stage, something just HAS to happen that will kill me.)

-Inuyasha:Secret of the Cursed Mask(one of the worse rpgs. Got the game for the animr cutscenes)

-Yu Yu Hakusho:Dark Tournament(Characters are to sluggish and you can easily die)

-Bebe's Kids(don't ask)

-Link:The faces of evil(CRAP. NOt even worth being called a Zelda game)

-Brave Fencer Musashi(mainly because of Scribe Shanky)

-Megaman X6(It just bored me)

Shattered_weasel
May 31, 2006, 12:41 AM
If a game is just plain boring I hate it. I am pretty soft on crappy games too. Only 1 game has made me put down the controler and made me wonder why the hell I was playing it.

*looks at Xenosaga*

CupOfCoffee
May 31, 2006, 01:08 AM
Xenosaga was really about the story more than the game. Unfortunately it was like the first half of Donnie Darko--it will never make sense until you see the whole rest of the story and then watch the movie again, or Wikipedia it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dre_o
May 31, 2006, 01:18 AM
Games that advertise themselves to be hardcore but are really simple and pointless piss the heck out of me *stares at Halo 2 with hammer in hand*

Saraphim
May 31, 2006, 01:35 AM
Games that try, sequel after sequel to get it right, but fail miserably. These sequels tend to rely on gimmicks and techno-jargon *looks at the Tomb Raider series and shivers uncontrollably*

Haven't played any of those in a long time, but I remember how bad they sucked. I believe it was #3 that touted something about triangular polygons or whatever. The game was crap in the end. I hear there is a new one out *shivers again* anyone played it yet?

Skorpius
May 31, 2006, 02:05 AM
This reminds me of Shuri's topic, but less I AM MASTER and more interactivity for other forum users. I like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

-Bad camera angles
-Terrible Voice Actors
-Bad graphics.
-Long, Slow Moving text
These are perfectly understandable. I think everyone can list these. 3 of them are pretty standard issues for games, and the slow text bit is annoying.
Any text in a game should have:
Confirm Button to show all text within the block of speech.
Confirm Button once more to continue to the next block of speech.
It just makes sense that way. You get you story told, people CAN skip it if they want to, and accidental skips are nearly impossible.

-Extremely Powered up difficult bosses
I'm somewhat with you on this one. It wouldn't be a good boss if it wasn't somewhat difficult. A lot of games throw in a really stupid boss character and force you to randomly figure out exactly how you're supposed to defeat it (LOL DOA3). Some sort of tip somewhere, like "attack it's weak point for massive damage" could work perfectly fine.

-Korny Jokes in games
-Major Cliches
-Over reacting characters
It happens. Although, I'm not sure what, exactly, you're referring to (aside from the game you did mention, which I've never played), so I can't relate.

-Long ass cut scenes
Personally, I don't mind cutscenes. What I do dislike is not being able to skip them. That is when it gets ridiculous, especially if you have to replay an area, or play something several times (Lei Fang's little ending in DOA2 isn't skipable. 10 seconds of BORING).

-Un-Necessary Tutorials
Mandatory tutorials are a pain in the ass. Some good examples of good tutorial work are PSO:EP3 and GTA:SA. Episode 3 has a selectable tutorial, while San Andreas has a tutorial thrown into the first few missions of a new game. GTA's tutorials don't feel like tutorials, but they do teach you how to ride a bike, drive a car, shoot guns, etc.

-I hate the whole Friendship, stick together theme in games.
I don't get this. I feel as though you're referring to RPG's here. Well, that whole STICK TOGETHER thing is about the party. Other than that, I don't really know what you have in mind about this, so I can't relate here either.

-Big the Cat, his frog, and Sigma from Megaman
-Overuse of the same formula
These are contridictions. If I'm not mistaken, Sigma is an alteration of the formula for MegaMan, MegaMan X. If you want a MegaMan game to be different from the original series, you should try playing Battle Network. Also, wasn't Bass added into the X series, and isn't he melee based? MegaMan->MegaMan X is actually a very good example of an altered formula, while still keeping roots of what the game is supposed to be.

On the flip side, Counter-Strike is an excellent example of a genre formula being completely altered. The FPS genre mostly consists of run-and-find-a-weapon multiplayer kill-fests. Counter-Strike is a round-based strategy FPS that requires you to work with a team and have knowledge of what your opponents might do.

On this one, though, I'd have to disagree to an extent. Using a different "formula" is a bold, and risky move, and it's usually better to just stick to what works and alter it. Unless, of course, you want to use the same universe of a game series for a different genre of games.

A few things I dislike in games:

~ Genre Butchery
I'm looking at you, Retro Studios. Using Metroid Prime as an example, I'm probably the ONLY person on the planet that hated this game. 1st-Person view, 3rd-Person controls. What in Miyamoto's name were they thinking? This is NOT a 1st-Person shooter, so please do not put me into 1st-Person view. There's a reason why 3rd-person action/adventure elements do not co-exist properly with 1st-person view games. Sticking to either 3rd person action/adventure or 1st-person shooter would have made a huge, positive, difference.

I'm not saying it's entirelly bad to mix genres (Hybrid Heaven mixed Fighter with RPG, and it wasn't too bad), but certain aspects of genres just DO NOT MIX.

~ Customizable Controls (FPS)
Either have a good number of controller setups, or give the player the ability to configure what's best for them. All FPS games should allow you to customize look/turn & walk/sidestep. Goldeneye/Perfect Dark did not have customization, but there were 4 different control styles to choose from. What was different? The look/turn controls had all four possible combinations. One game that did not allow this, if I can remember right, was Medal of Honor. What a pile of rotting shit that game was. And Frontline was worse. Which leads me to the next point!

~ Menu Maneuverability
Using Medal of Honor: Frontline as an example, menus should not be difficult to navigate. For MoH:FL, the menus took the shape of radio controls in a bunker of WWII. Neat, but it was horrible. First of all, the selected highlight did not wrap around. If you went all the way to the right, you had to go left to reach the left side, that is if you knew where your highlight was.

That's about all I can add. If I dislike games, it's usually just gameplay/genre issues, which are just my own personal preferences.

Polly
May 31, 2006, 02:36 AM
Haven't played any of those in a long time, but I remember how bad they sucked. I believe it was #3 that touted something about triangular polygons or whatever. The game was crap in the end. I hear there is a new one out *shivers again* anyone played it yet?

I've never been the biggest Tomb Raider fan, but I picked up the newest one on a recommendation (and because it was only $29 for PC) from a friend and it really isn't that bad of a game. It's worlds better than anything else the series has done. There's a couple dodgy bits of gameplay here and there, but I felt I got my money's worth. Even went back through and unlocked everything.

One of my top annoyances:

Invisible Freakin Walls - It's been said over and over probably, but damn it if you're not gonna let me go out into that vast field or down that alley that's IN PLAIN SIGHT, either don't put it there or try and block it in some clever way that doesn't throw me out of the experience and remind me that I'm playing a game. Don't block off the shit with some small rock or a pile of wood or something either. Don't insult my intelligence by telling me that even though my character can jump, he can't clear a knee-high pile of rocks.

EtrnlFenix
May 31, 2006, 07:24 AM
i feel the gameplay has to be pretty good, if you get a game with crappy gameplay, then what's the sense of even picking up the controller and playing it.

Shadowpawn
May 31, 2006, 07:26 AM
Bad controls and horrible plot points.

InfinityXXX
May 31, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-05-31 00:36, Neiclaes wrote:

Invisible Freakin Walls - It's been said over and over probably, but damn it if you're not gonna let me go out into that vast field or down that alley that's IN PLAIN SIGHT, either don't put it there or try and block it in some clever way that doesn't throw me out of the experience and remind me that I'm playing a game. Don't block off the shit with some small rock or a pile of wood or something either. Don't insult my intelligence by telling me that even though my character can jump, he can't clear a knee-high pile of rocks.

Lol, I hate that too. I remember, when I played Sonic Adventure 2 and Mario 64, the invisible wall stuff use to get on my nerves.

Polly
May 31, 2006, 11:29 AM
Another one that gets on my nerves...

Cutscenes That Lie or Do Things For You - The Metal Gear Solid is probably one of the biggest offenders of this one, but I see it in way too many other games.

You're there, fighting a boss for 5-10 minutes or so with your measly little punch, punch, kick combo, or your pea shooter of a gun wittling away at his lifebar while he runs around the same area performing the same moves over and over. You chip that last bit of health away from his bar and the screen fades to black.

You're then treated to a 2-5 minute cutscene of some kind of dramatic staredown as both combatants race toward each other ending with your character taking out the boss in a blaze of glory flurry of puches, kicks, powerbombs, sword slashes, gunshots, or whatever the hell else they could think of. The scene fades to black and you're back in game-land where all your character can remember to do is punch, punch, kick. What about my powerbomb of doom? Snake could hop off a missile (Twin Snakes) in the cutscene, why does he get 'sploded when I wanna do that in game against Metal Gear? (once again MGS is just the example).

The reason it pisses me off is because I wanna do those bad ass things. My character's supposed to be a bad-ass, yet when I compare his performance to what I can do in-game and what he does in cutscenes it just doesn't add up. All I'm doing is working down a lifebar to trigger a Play command. Just irks the crap out of me sometimes.

I think the only games that may have gotten close to a decent balance of bad-assery both in game and in cutscenes were the Devil May Cry series. If you got good at those games you really did feel like a bad ass...even if it was a girly looking one.

I also can't stand it when a cutscene just plain lies. For instance, if my character jumps off the top of a skyscraper in the opening cutscene and lands on her feet, I shouldn't be dying from a 2 story fall off the top of a smaller building when I'm in game. Inconsistent crap like that bothers me too.

Games I Regret Buying (since it was late last night):

Nanostray - Nintendo DS:
I'm a huge shmup (shoot em up) fan. When I got my DS I was more than happy to see one was around. The game's got a lot of good ideas, but the forced use of the touch screen really ruined the game for me. Had they just given you a weapon cycle button, this game would have been in my DS much longer, cause as a shmup it's not half bad, but the tacked on touch-screen features ruin a lot of DS games for me. (Looking at you Castlevania)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neiclaes on 2006-05-31 09:30 ]</font>

Jive18
May 31, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-05-31 08:54, InfinityXXX wrote:

On 2006-05-31 00:36, Neiclaes wrote:

Lol, I hate that too. I remember, when I played Sonic Adventure 2 and Mario 64, the invisible wall stuff use to get on my nerves.

Same here. Developers should check out God of War for this problem. They were clever enough to use buildings and such as the barriers, instead of miniscule objects.

Other things I despise include:
- Long load times
- Pointless tutorials
- Less-than-par gameplay
- Graphics that don't meet next-gen hype (uhh...xbox 360?)

opaopajr
May 31, 2006, 11:54 PM
Unnecessary Plot Twists/ Contrived Excuses for Story Cohesion - vast majority of modern RPGs are at fault on this one. whole world social systems are shown to be mere lies in service of a greater power, which relates to a miniscule mythology on a forgotten island, which relates to the main hero's ancestry, which holds the secret that opens up the ultimate weapon, once he passes his drivers ed. test which is ruled by adorable muppets from the planet "Mini-Game." it's enough to make one strangle somebody.

y'know, i despise Xenogears, but i felt a bit obligated to play Xenosaga so that i can keep up with what "the gamers" are current with. as time passed, i no longer feel that sort of obligation. my masochistic streak only goes so far...

Dre_o
Jun 1, 2006, 12:44 AM
Addition: I despise when a main character is killed 1/2 way through a game. If you spend all that time leveling/getting them weapons, THEY SHOULDN'T DIE!

Above statement is only valid when the death is not of your control.

Scrub
Jun 1, 2006, 05:38 AM
Two things I can think to add that sort of irritate ME. Don't apply to everyone though.

RPGs that you can't make your own character in. I'd say I'd make an exception for any RPG that is made for a existing characters, like Super Mario RPG, but otherwise, Jesus Christ. I don't know, just when I think of RPG I think of making my own guy and then beating ass with him. Not having to use some lame ass girlyman who just whines half the game. RPGs like THAT are at least better if the main character doesn't talk, so you don't find out what a bitch he is. >:|

The other thing is, I'm really tired of every single character that uses a melee weapon to use a sword. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who DOESN'T like swords. There's other close quarters weapons in the world, somebody should probably tell that to game designers someday.

Rekitheforce
Jun 1, 2006, 11:15 AM
One thing that i hate is probably the long cutscenes. The only time this really makes me mad is when you've beaten the game once and you want to try it on a harder difficulty. You have to go through the same cutscenes again and again. Also, when there's a cutscene right before a boss and then you die, and then you're forced to watch the same crap again.

InfinityXXX
Jun 1, 2006, 12:50 PM
Lemme add:

When you lose to a boss and you restart at some place FAAAR away from the boss so you have to go through a bunch of crap and fight a bunch of people(while losing energy/hp) jsut to get back to that boss and due to half your energy being gone through all that fighting......you lose to the boss again THUS having to restart at that same place and going through all that crap again.(This is what I didn't like in Metroid Prime)

Polly
Jun 1, 2006, 01:48 PM
That's why you get good at fighting and not losing health xP

The Prime games aren't exactly the most difficult of games since most enemies are just fodder and aren't really all that threatening (like most normal enemies in all Metroid games).

InfinityXXX
Jun 1, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-06-01 11:48, Triela wrote:
That's why you get good at fighting and not losing health xP

The Prime games aren't exactly the most difficult of games since most enemies are just fodder and aren't really all that threatening (like most normal enemies in all Metroid games).

It was just the Omega fight and the fight right before Metroid Prime. It wasn't difficult or anything it was just the fact that metroids were attacking you left and right and they suck your enrgy to quickly so you had to turn into morph ball but sometimes you can roll off the platforms and land in the lava which'll make you lose more health. But its not just Metroid that do things like this.

DizzyDi
Jun 1, 2006, 07:08 PM
I hate lame ass plots.
Kingdom Hearts, I'm looking at you. The whole light vs. darkness thing. WOW. I've said this before and I'll say it again, it feels like I'm playing through a poorly written anime.
Advent Children also falls under this category. The plot isn't so bad, buuut, the script is HORRIBLE, which makes the plot seem worse than it is.

Games that try too hard to copy Hollywood. Too many games to fhkn count.

Games that try to cash in on the whole Urban/Rap thing. WAY TOO MANY games to count.

Games that make it seem like your descisions are effecting the plot and stuff, but they really aren't. Indigo Prophecy. Fable KINDA falls under this category too, simply because if you did too many bad things all you had to do was make a donation to the church.

Games that are WAY TOO easy and WAY TOO short. Fable, I'm also looking at you.

Games with stereotypical characters. The always-do-right protagonists (Sora: KH), the weak and frail female protagonists (Just about every RPG), the uppity female side (Rikku, Yuffie), the bad-ass man/female of few words (Vincent, Paine), and many more.

Also, I don't mind long cutscenes, as long as thier good, its whatever. I liked Xenosaga, but prolly because I'm biased and thought Xenogears is the best RPG ever.

Dek
Jun 1, 2006, 08:20 PM
I love it when a thread like this is created. =D

So what don't I like about video games?

-Invisible walls, because the things that you would think wouldn't give you a hard smack to the face actually do. Yes, Mortal Kombat: Deception, I'm looking at you and your invisible wall-filled mode called Konquest mode. The invisible walls were so bad, you couldn't pass through a line of clothes that were being hung by an NPC.

-Games where the hero(main character)'s weapon of choice is a sword. It is quite repetitive. Yes, a sword is a nice weapon, but there are other weapons out there. You know... like sais... or nunchuks... Shit, the only game series that I know of didn't/doesn't focus so heavily on swords is the Castlevania series. Then again, the chance that the character uses a whip is at least 85%. The only exception I could make with the sword issue is the upcoming Red Steel, because that ACTUALLY let's _YOU_ (as a human being) use a sword (technically, katana) rather than some character that only has access to three types of sword-swinging and a special one that can be accessed simply by pressing a special combo.

-Games that try too hard to bring in cameo appearances. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see Soul Calibur II. While the idea of bringing in characters from other series was a decent idea, the concept was pushed to the point where the characters either really didn't fit into the storyline or really didn't fit into the character roster. Allow me to explain...

Kilik
Maxi
Mitsurugi
Ivy
Spawn

When the hell did Spawn appear, and how does a character from the Present/Future time fit into a storyline that involves characters in the past?

-Last, but not least, games that become movies. Even before the "Eww" Boll fiasco, nothing much can be said about it except they suck

Neith
Jun 1, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-06-01 18:20, Arthas_Zero wrote:
-Invisible walls, because the things that you would think wouldn't give you a hard smack to the face actually do. Yes, Mortal Kombat: Deception, I'm looking at you and your invisible wall-filled mode called Konquest mode.

That annoyed me to no end, I swear. There are invisible walls in the most stupid of places, it becomes annoying to nagivate around them.

Anyway:
-For the majority, I hate it when an old gem of a title gets remade, and totally butchered (Sega+Golden Axe... LEAVE IT ON THE MEGA DRIVE!)

Anyone makes an 'up-to-date' Streets of Rage, and I'll hunt you down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

-Annoying titles- see Street Fighter AlphaMegaBlastUltraSapphireXeno-whatever the hell.

- Quiet music. Gran Turismo 3 had an amazing soundtrack. However, I found the music to be totally drowned out by the car engines, and with no adjustable music volume slider.

- Bad camera angles.

- Terrible voice actors- Bloody Roar 4 is a great game, but I mute it in arcade mode because the voice acting's so chronic.

- Easy boss fights. Lots of games with disappointing bosses (see Final Fantasy X- the 'Final Aeon', Sin, and the final Seymour fight were ALL horribly easy.) lol, 2-3 hit kill, kthxbai.

The ONE thing that annoys me the most? When there's no save points for ages in a game. You get really far, die/fail, and reload where you were an hour ago. Nice. [/turns off game]

There's more, but it's 3am, and I'm tired http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

InfinityXXX
Jun 1, 2006, 10:11 PM
On 2006-06-01 18:51, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Anyone makes an 'up-to-date' Streets of Rage, and I'll hunt you down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I was about 4 or 5 when that game came out and I thought it was one of the coolest games ever.(my fav character in 2 and 3 was skate and I use to try to dress like him >.<) But someone...somewhere, may just try to remake it.lol

- Easy boss fights. Lots of games with disappointing bosses (see Final Fantasy X- the 'Final Aeon', Sin, and the final Seymour fight were ALL horribly easy.) lol, 2-3 hit kill, kthxbai.

Yes, I too was VERY disappointed at the final fights of FFX. I easily overleveled w/o knowing and killed Jecht in 3 hits and the Aeon fights were laughable but I found some challenge in the Monster Arena.

Tomoki
Jun 1, 2006, 10:28 PM
I dislike it when developers make a really fantastic and amazing RPG game with great plot and characters, ect. Then when its time to defeat the final boss you're already overleveled and they thrown in some kind of "gee-which-switch-do-I-pull" dungeon to horrifyingly prolong the game instead of just putting in more story elements.

Like FF6 US.

DizzyDi
Jun 1, 2006, 11:29 PM

Just to play devil's advocate here. Its kinda your own fault that you leveled so high that you could LOL1HITKO that last few bosses. On the other hand, FF games aren't known for being all that hard in the first place.

WITH THAT, some more things I hate.

Did I mention I hate games that are too easy? Gimmie some fhkn challenge! Developers are trying to make too many games that cater to the "mainstream" fhk that. I want a kick my ass hardxcore game, like Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.

I hate it when games try to be too cool. Devil May Cry...Dante is fhkn annoying. Like in DMC3 when that woman shot a rocket at him and all he did was jump on it and go "WOOOHOOOOOO!" and surf it around the place. All thats not called for Dante, calm down.

On a related note. I so damn tired of all these long-haired, skinny, effeminate heros in games that wield big giant weapons. WHAT IN THE WORLD. Cloud is probably the biggest offender of this. Gets on my last nerve.

I'm also tired of wimpy heroes. Cloud, once again, probably the biggest offender. C'mon dhude, toughen up a lil, damn. Stop whining about everything and deal with it.

Lame ass love stories in video games. Something like similiar to like an Inuyasha-Kagome relationship. They KNOW they love each other, but they're too busy blushing at each other to admit it.

I want a hero in a video game to be at least out of his teens, please. Rag tag groups of teens don't save the world. Gimmie a hero at least in his twenties for once. I know there have been a few games maybe like this, but not usually.

Lame ass quests in RPGs. Ones that take forever, usually have you go fetching some stupid ass item or something, and are boring as hell. I don't need to elaborate much cause I think we've all been through this one.

Thats all I can think of for now.

WraithVerge
Jun 2, 2006, 01:17 AM
Games on systems nowadays are ridiculously easy. I have yet to find a game that I don't beat in less than a day or, at most, 2 days. Only game(s) I can think of would be the Elder Scrolls series.

The real big thing that irks me is you play a game for hours/days straight, beat it, and get an ending so terrible it makes me want to stab someone. I'll still have fun playing the game, but a good ending makes completing the game that much better.

Examples of good/decent endings:

LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Jade Empire

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Examples of bad endings:

Turok

Fable

Gun

Did I mention I hate games that are too easy? Gimmie some fhkn challenge! Developers are trying to make too many games that cater to the "mainstream" fhk that. I want a kick my ass hardxcore game, like Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.

If all games were as challenging as Ninja Gaiden or those on the old NES and Genesis, the number of 'gamers' would probably drop significantly due to the instant gratification outlook of this generation, but I would be happy as hell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-06-01 23:23 ]</font>

Neith
Jun 2, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-06-01 21:29, DizzyDi wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate here. Its kinda your own fault that you leveled so high that you could LOL1HITKO that last few bosses. On the other hand, FF games aren't known for being all that hard in the first place.

Yeah, I agree, but at the same time, if I'd known the boss fights were to be that easy with my team, I would've fought them at a lower level..

Thing is, on FFX, Bahamut was a very strong aeon. Even without any special items, he could hit 99,999 damage a shot (i think it was around 60,000 against Final Aeon). When your attacks are that strong to begin with, the game became pretty lame to beat.

Anyway, yeah, just to point out I did level a lot on FFX, but wouldn't have if I'd known the bosses would be so weak.

Hrigg
Jun 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
I can deal with a lot of things in games... except:

- Long Load Times
- Games that try to be "hip"
- Games that have ads in the game
- Terrible voice actors

I can't think of others right now.

InfinityXXX
Jun 2, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-06-02 08:33, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2006-06-01 21:29, DizzyDi wrote:

Yeah, I agree, but at the same time, if I'd known the boss fights were to be that easy with my team, I would've fought them at a lower level..

Thing is, on FFX, Bahamut was a very strong aeon. Even without any special items, he could hit 99,999 damage a shot (i think it was around 60,000 against Final Aeon). When your attacks are that strong to begin with, the game became pretty lame to beat.

Anyway, yeah, just to point out I did level a lot on FFX, but wouldn't have if I'd known the bosses would be so weak.

That was kind of my problem with the game too. I mean, in the beginning and middle(especially when you fight seymour on Mt.Gagazet) it was hard so naturally I leveled a lot to beat him but the game got enemies became very weak towards the end and If I had known that, I wouldn't have leveled so much.(The whole sphere grid system made it very easy to overlevel)

Dek
Jun 2, 2006, 08:17 PM
That annoyed me to no end, I swear. There are invisible walls in the most stupid of places, it becomes annoying to nagivate around them.

Even worse? Konquest mode was, pretty much, required in order to unlock the majority (if not all) of the "Kontent" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway:
-Annoying titles- see Street Fighter AlphaMegaBlastUltraSapphireXeno-whatever the hell.

Which is one of the reasons as to why I like Street FIghter III http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

- Terrible voice actors- Bloody Roar 4 is a great game, but I mute it in arcade mode because the voice acting's so chronic.

See, that's actually one reason why I like Soul Calibur II. You actually have the choice of using the Japanese or the American voice acting. After all, Japanese-sounding Kilik ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

scott1114
Jun 3, 2006, 12:21 PM
Cant stand repetitive games: final fantasy crystal chronicles, SUX