PDA

View Full Version : Ep4 Boss' Tornado in Ultimate

Neith
May 31, 2006, 09:47 AM
I've known for a long time that Saint-Milion's Tornado attack in Ultimate does not knock you down once you reach 1600HP, resulting in (usually) an instant-kill.

However, I was doing Point of Disaster earlier with my Lv187 HUnewearl, and encountered the normal boss, Shambertin. I got hit by his tornado, didn't fall down, and got OHKO'd. I don't particularly wanna try this again yet, since I'm close to leveling, but my HUnewearl does not have 1600HP, she has 1488.

Does Shambertin's tornado OHKO at an earlier amount of HP or something? There were no other boss attacks around (no spinners, no missiles, no beam, just the tornado). Not sure if it was a wierd glitch, or if Shambertin's tornado one-hit-kills earlier?

Anyone else had a similar experience with Shambertin? (Maybe I'm just out of the loop and this is common knowledge, but I haven't seen it anywhere- I assumed all 3 bosses OHKO'd you at 1600+ HP.)

Thanks.

Shar
May 31, 2006, 12:11 PM
It's not only HP related, but also DFP. So I assume you had a PB combo and gained a lot of DFP. Therefore, you probably died.

But it does make me wonder, I know you use BOVN which doesn't give a lot of DFP.. then do you use SSS? Because I have max DFP, using BOVN and usually a 96DFP Rico's Earring or 108DFP Kasami Bracer, but I never got OHKO'ed by it.

Neith
May 31, 2006, 01:59 PM
No, I only had my Lv20 S/D active, I was solo, and didn't have a PB at the boss portal.

As for my equip, yes I use BOVN, but my shield is a 104DFP Kasami.. I've asked my team about this, and they all seem to agree it seems strange. I've never been killed by it before, but I have leveled up a bit since I last fought Shambertin.

Maybe it is to do with my DFP- it's only 10 from max currently. When I level to 188, I'll re-do PoD, and see what happens.

Hrith
May 31, 2006, 02:08 PM
No, The tornadoes are only HP-related.

My bet is that you got double/triple-hit by a tornado and something else, most likely a homing missile and/or a spinning feeler coming from underneath your feet, the latters are very damaging if they land a critical hit.

Shambertin has the most powerful tornado of the three bosses, and you need over 1900 HP not to fall over.

You start not falling over when you have...
Saint-Milion: 1601 HP
Kondrieu: 1761 HP
Shambertin 1921 HP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2006-05-31 12:08 ]</font>

Dana
May 31, 2006, 02:10 PM
On 2006-05-31 10:11, Shar wrote:
It's not only HP related, but also DFP. So I assume you had a PB combo and gained a lot of DFP. Therefore, you probably died.

But it does make me wonder, I know you use BOVN which doesn't give a lot of DFP.. then do you use SSS? Because I have max DFP, using BOVN and usually a 96DFP Rico's Earring or 108DFP Kasami Bracer, but I never got OHKO'ed by it.

Dana
900 (577 base) and lvl 20 deband with 1565 HP, and i havnt died either.

I am going to try it out a little later. I have seen a lvl200 RAml be OHKO'd by the tornado before.

Glitch?

Shar
May 31, 2006, 03:39 PM
Ah, thanks Kef. I was told it was also based on DFP, and thought it was true because I noticed less damage and more damage at times. But I probably mixed up the bosses >_>;

Neith
May 31, 2006, 08:16 PM
When I hit Lv188 (300k away), I'll retest this. I think it might have been a glitch, as there was definately no other attacks around (I'd just entered the cavern, and this was his first attack). Boss did tornado, hit me, OHKO'd me.

He fired missiles after I revived, not before, and didn't use spinners until I was in slicer range. My guess is that it was a glitch, everyone else I've asked seems to think it is strange too.

The games were glitchy tonight, we had a lot of problems in E1C3 with switch-presses not registering after multiple times and so forth, so maybe that caused it, I don't know.

ayrista
Jun 1, 2006, 11:50 AM
I had noticed at just over 1600 hp, when i changed armor, from Black hound Cuirass to BOVN, It did not knock me down, a couple of times. after i lvl'd a couple more times it started again.

I assumed that you were knocked down depending on the % of damage the attack does on your hp, but the actually damage is still interpreted by Def.

I might try it without armor and/or deband and see what happens. I still think def plays into it a little.

ayrista
Jun 1, 2006, 11:52 AM
Bah... never mind, i prob got the bosses mixed up too.

meimeilee
Jun 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
maybe it is a glitch like dark falzs rabarta glitch that kills you instantly(only if you have weak dfp and not a lot of hp)i died my 3rd time with my fomarl he killed me with the rabarta glitch...i havent died from the tornado attack yet but i wil lsee later kk

Hrith
Jun 1, 2006, 05:51 PM
Dark Falz's Rabarta instantly killing you is not a glitch, it's called multi-hitting. And DFP will not change a thing; if you want to avoid getting killed instantly by Dark Falz's Rabarta, you must have high EIC.

Saint-Milion's tornado deals 400 damage, whatever your DFP is.