PDA

View Full Version : RAmar equipment

Jaspaller
Jun 1, 2006, 09:51 AM
I have a level 151 RAmar I use mainly (the other characters I don't really bother with anymore), I have a setup already but I'm wondering if it needs any changes made to it at all. Some of my equipment came from online, but I'm no longer online so some of the stuff I won't be able to get anyways. I've also been following one of the guides for max stats with materials... but this is what my RAmar has right now.

Redria
Main weapons: Frozen Shooter, Charge assaults (50% hit and it matches my blue ramar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), Siamese Twin +250 with a berserk special(the s-rank I made while online), Baranz launcher.

Armor: DF Field 4 slots (It was surprising for me to find one in ruins WITH 4 slots on it already)

Slots: God/Arm, God/Body, God/Battle, Cure/Item (I usually change my setup or my Cure/slot item depending on what area I'm going to).

Mag: Level 200 Pushan (5/145/50/0). It's got Mylla/Youlla on it which is pretty much the main one I care about.

I have other equipment in the bank I use as well sometimes depending on the area I'm going to or boss I'm fighting.

Charge Laser with 50% hit, Pie Slicer (Max grinded S-rank with Zalure special), And a Twin Brand with no %'s (pretty much to match my character's color).
I plan to switch out my Armor to a 2-slot Aura Field (soon to be 4 slots) once I get one more level, and my mag will be changed as well to reflect one that was in the guides sooner or later (it's already been finished).

Before I had lost my ability to play online I was doing Tower runs looking for the Twin Blaze but had no luck. What type of ID would be best for looking for one offline... and any suggestions for other items/tweaks or is my RAmar good as it is?

I have a HUcaseal(Bluefull) and a HUmar(Skyly) as well that need a few changes BADLY, but I'd like to hear if my RAmar needs any changes.

The Guide I'm using for Max stats is the one that belongs to FurryBagi
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=940

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm playing on the Xbox version

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2006-06-01 07:59 ]</font>

BeeYee
Jun 1, 2006, 09:59 AM
i say youre good as it is. Youve got some nice weapons and i really like the names of the S-ranks.

sprky585
Jun 1, 2006, 10:02 AM
yeh ur pretty much set, sounds like u can pretty much destroy all so just keep ripppin it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheStoicOne
Jun 1, 2006, 03:09 PM
Shields?

Jaspaller
Jun 1, 2006, 03:14 PM
Ah, sorry. My shield right now is the Secure Feet. I'm thinking of changing it if I can get my hands on a Standstill Shield, the secure feet doesn't have as much resistance as other shields and in Caves/Temple/CCA I need it for those megid loving monsters. A few Devil/resists do the trick but I'd like to keep a slot open for another stat boosting slot item.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 1, 2006, 03:16 PM
You might want to dig up a Spread Needle at some point if possible. It's a pretty invaluable Ranger item.

Jaspaller
Jun 1, 2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, I do have a Spread needle. I just find that the baranz launcher's slow but powerful charge special is much better for damage and I've permanently replaced it. My spread needle is just collecting dust right now but it will probably go better on a Cast/Caseal instead if I end up making one. If I could find one with hit %... maybe...

Blitzkommando
Jun 1, 2006, 04:19 PM
On 2006-06-01 13:21, Jaspaller wrote:
Actually, I do have a Spread needle. I just find that the baranz launcher's slow but powerful charge special is much better for damage and I've permanently replaced it. My spread needle is just collecting dust right now but it will probably go better on a Cast/Caseal instead if I end up making one. If I could find one with hit %... maybe...

You might be surprised at how effective the paralysis is for the Spread Needle. Especially so on casts. It works on most enemies, obviously not machines though. That is one of the reasons I tend to use it myself is the fact it allows me to not only hit fast, but to stun the enemies as well for the team.

Genoa
Jun 2, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'd bring spread and baranz, if you're a fast weapon-switcher, you could quickly paralyze them and then unload Baranz =/

Xaos127
Jun 3, 2006, 02:03 AM
Sounds fine, a nice shiny Yasminkov wouldn't hurt though.
I think, by what you have, you're a Greennill, if so then try and get the Yas 3000R.
And I also had a Pushan with those stats for my first mag, good old little fat butterfly.

Charmander02
Jun 3, 2006, 08:16 AM
Yeah your set, but i also reccommend using the Spread needle, beacause Ramar doesnt really have good resta, so being able to paralyze then run away a good distance could really help. Also try getting a some Red Mechguns or a Yas 9000M.

TheStoicOne
Jun 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
RED MECHS!!! I have a Yas 7 on my Ramar, Why doesn't anyone ever say that? I think 7k>3k IMO

Jaspaller
Jun 3, 2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I haven't actually considered the yasminkov series yet. I'm actually a Redria (like I listed above) I've actually been looking for some Red mechguns for a while now (I've been doing retired hunter runs for a LOOOONG time now) and haven't had any luck, but I've managed to get a large amount of exp. I'll give the Spread needle a whirl, though resta isn't too big of a problem and paralyzing isn't either anyways, the enemies just aren't strong enough to get past my baranz launcher without getting killed lol.

BeeYee
Jun 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
My RAcast is extremely good with three of his best guns. Spread Needle+40, Yasminkov3000R+60, and Red Mechguns +30. He is a Whitill at level 42 but my Greennill at level 131, gives him a bunch of stuff.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 3, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-06-03 08:49, TheStoicOne wrote:
I think 7k>3k IMO
I dunno why you'd say that.

Full ground, 3000R does 490-520 while the 7000V gets 420-500 (and one more ATA point). IIRC, 7000V has shot range, too.

CM_vs_HP
Jun 5, 2006, 01:54 PM
Nothing beat this RAmar setup...see below ..And when it come to area where theres plenty of ennemy on screen its either a srank spread with a (Powerful ability) or HeavenP. because those are the only 2 type of weapon that have fast recovery attack and its crucial when you cant afford a single hit of damage...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-06-05 13:30 ]</font>

MorningComet
Jun 5, 2006, 07:09 PM
On 2006-06-03 08:49, Jaspaller wrote:
Thanks for the input guys, I haven't actually considered the yasminkov series yet. I'm actually a Redria (like I listed above) I've actually been looking for some Red mechguns for a while now (I've been doing retired hunter runs for a LOOOONG time now) and haven't had any luck, but I've managed to get a large amount of exp. I'll give the Spread needle a whirl, though resta isn't too big of a problem and paralyzing isn't either anyways, the enemies just aren't strong enough to get past my baranz launcher without getting killed lol.

Dude if you're on Blue Burst I'll trade you a pair of Red Mechs real cheap. Whitill HUcast Lv 142 FTW!!!!!

Jaspaller
Jun 5, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-06-05 11:54, CM_vs_HP wrote:
Nothing beat this RAmar setup...see below ..And when it come to area where theres plenty of ennemy on screen its either a srank spread with a (Powerful ability) or HeavenP. because those are the only 2 type of weapon that have fast recovery attack and its crucial when you cant afford a single hit of damage...

[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-06-05 13:30 ]

Too bad I don't have the ability to get the S-rank Spread. It IS monstrous with the right special. I never really liked the Heaven's punisher much though. The fact you could only use the special at certain beat times is what turns me away from it.

On 2006-06-03 08:49, TheStoicOne wrote:
RED MECHS!!! I have a Yas 7 on my Ramar, Why doesn't anyone ever say that? I think 7k>3k IMO

The only thing I liked about the Yas7K was the fact that it auto-aimed for lazy people like me lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

whiteninja
Jun 5, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-06-05 17:09, MorningComet wrote:
Dude if you're on Blue Burst I'll trade you a pair of Red Mechs real cheap. Whitill HUcast Lv 142 FTW!!!!!

On 2006-06-01 07:51, Jaspaller wrote:
Forgot to mention I'm playing on the Xbox version
[First post of this thread]
Reading is fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-06-05 18:46 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Jun 6, 2006, 08:58 AM
Get a demon rifle or handgun for tower.