PDA

View Full Version : GC: Memory Card

blace
Jun 1, 2006, 02:28 PM
Imagine this... While playing as a character for a while and had finally entered hard mode and was able to play with my friends on that difficulty. I transfer my character account over to the temp slot and when we were done it just showed my character still active on my memory card. Before anything else was done we turned off the GC and put my card in the first slot and everything on it was what it was exactly before the transfer. We tried again to send him back but to no avail he remained when I transfer another character over the same happened to her.

This little story was about my brother's friend, whom he had invited over to play PSO with us. He continued to play the game all the way to that one certain point. Does anybody know whats wrong with it? Even deleting some data on it it somehow returns after the card is either removed or turned off.

Dhylec
Jun 5, 2006, 08:08 AM
Well, this is done as a way to prevent duping.
When a character is transfered to another as a temporary, that character on the original card can't be used a used in a game until it's moved back. If you forced the system to use that 'away' character, all items will be removed except for starting items. The temp. character will not be able to move back to its original card/slot.

So a quick note:
Always transfer the character back before using that 2nd card. Otherwise the transfer is stuck as a temp. (permanently), unless you delete it.
But look on the bright side, there is always a (temp.) character in multi-mode. ;]

blace
Jun 6, 2006, 12:46 PM
Not exactly what I meant. What I meant was that once the character is transferred as a temp it couldn't be transferred back and the original character data is still there with all the items as though nothing has happened. I even tried to delete all the game data to see if I could just start a new one but when I tried it just came back as though the data wasn't deleted when I checked it again the data and other previous game data from other games are still on there.

It's sort of like this I send the data over to another card the data would remain
on that card. When trying to save it says that there is an error and the card can not be used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blace on 2006-06-06 10:49 ]</font>

metatime
Jun 7, 2006, 01:30 AM
Is this first party or third party cards? I seen some weird stuff while using 3rd party cards like your situtation is at the moment.

blace
Jun 7, 2006, 12:45 PM
Define third party.

metatime
Jun 7, 2006, 03:17 PM
Anything not made by the orginal manufacture (Nintendo) or offically endorsed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-06-07 13:17 ]</font>

blace
Jun 7, 2006, 03:36 PM
Thats would explain a lot of things.

Delfi
Jun 7, 2006, 04:08 PM
yeah 3rd party things suck even on the xbox and dc - i remember the 3rd party cards on dc sucked too especially for being corrupted, on xbox the third party controllers always seem to break quite easily.