PDA

View Full Version : Curse filter in ep. 2

Danger_Girl
Oct 17, 2002, 01:07 AM
Remember that out of control curse filter? How we had to spell common words like sh.oes and sat.urday. I was just wondering if episode2 has a filter that is a little more...functional. Maybe some of you importers know.

I found that the version 1 filter didn't block orgasm though. Just don't ask me the context in which I used it. This is a family friendly website.

Toyzferall
Oct 17, 2002, 01:11 AM
Yeah, that got on my nerves, the little I played at my friend's house. Heh, it was funny, once, though, she said something... That wasn't really that bad, and it got filtered, so it looked really bad. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was something to the effect that everyone in that lobby thought that she wanted to... Err.. Have some 'clean contact' with her other friend. Eheh. Stupid filter.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 17, 2002, 06:43 AM
unfortunatly turd and hoes caused it in the first place

Wewt
Oct 17, 2002, 08:20 AM
It's the same...

My favourite censor was "subnormal".

BlackRose
Oct 17, 2002, 03:47 PM
the best was 'cola'... I bust out laughing just thinking about it now XD

(yeah, i know it's spainish..)

ginko990
Oct 17, 2002, 08:37 PM
you could say dammit...not a real curse word, or word for that matter, but thats how I said it.

Davion
Oct 17, 2002, 09:10 PM
Pork, now that's a fun one. I played the Online trial for PC PSO and had some fun in an empty lobby.

*cackles at his own villainy

No form of bowel movments were able to make it through the censor.

SHOES! That's the best! My sister was "playing" the trial. That means chatting in the lobby like a dork. And what I hate is all my friends do the same thing, chat chat and chat. I hate it I tell you, HATE IT! Anyway back to my sister, she went in as a cute little Hunewearl named Bubbles. She was alone in a lobby with a Fonewearl when she decided to complement her on her step-ups. But instead of see in "hey there, nice shoes." the bubble said "Hey there, nice @#$%." Meaning, my nice little sister could of said anything (or atleast thats how it seemed to the Fonewearl)

Barubary6
Oct 17, 2002, 09:44 PM
The filter in GC PSO is the same as the revised one used in PC PSO. It's actually different than Dreamcast.

Rather than filter only on the server, it filters on both the client *and* the server. When you cuss, it sends it unfiltered to the server. The server will filter it before sending back to the clients in the room. However, the client *also* filters it on the way back. If the server doesn't filter it, the client will.

My guess as to why it doesn't filter before sending to the server is that Sonic Team could tell that you tried to cuss and maybe punish you somehow.

One of the more interesting "improvements" was more words that are banned. Bad words are now banned in many languages, not just English. The DC version blocked a few foreign words, but not nearly as many as the PC/GC versions. They even blocked the Japanese rendition of an English word: fakku.

BTW, they still haven't fixed at least one spelling error: "masterbate" is blocked, but the correct "masturbate" is not.

-- Barubary

Parn
Oct 18, 2002, 12:53 AM
Amusingly enough, subnormal is still blocked.

Spy
Oct 18, 2002, 02:26 AM
I hope you can toggle it off this time around.

Wewt
Oct 18, 2002, 09:22 AM
Can't toggle it off...

"man/boy" was censored, too...

googles
Oct 18, 2002, 11:23 AM
condom is not censored

KodiaX987
Oct 18, 2002, 12:03 PM
PORK YOU!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif >Davion

The joys of vocabulary!

Vyl
Oct 20, 2002, 10:01 AM
there was one of the mag names that was filtered too but I can't remember which one and if I saw it now I probably couldn't figure out why ^_@;...anyway it started with an M and it looked like some kinda space ship from Outlaw Star or something, it was pointed and its name sounded something like Maracca or something....o_o.....yeah.

ginko990
Oct 20, 2002, 10:07 AM
One of the guns you get from the Towards the Future quets was blocked when you tried ot say it, been so long I forget which one though. It was a gun.

Shadow_Blade
Oct 20, 2002, 11:12 AM
On 2002-10-18 10:03, KodiaX987 wrote:
PORK YOU!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif >Davion

The joys of vocabulary!

I rember that one. ^_^;

Wewt
Oct 20, 2002, 11:48 AM
On 2002-10-20 08:01, Vyl wrote:
there was one of the mag names that was filtered too but I can't remember which one and if I saw it now I probably couldn't figure out why ^_@;...anyway it started with an M and it looked like some kinda space ship from Outlaw Star or something, it was pointed and its name sounded something like Maracca or something....o_o.....yeah.

It was Marica.

On 2002-10-20 08:07, ginko990 wrote:
One of the guns you get from the Towards the Future quets was blocked when you tried ot say it, been so long I forget which one though. It was a gun.

Ano Rifle, anyone?

Sonic Team are quite strange, they made a quest that had an NPC that said "shit", yet they wouldn't allow us to say it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif