PDA

View Full Version : Sil Dragon help.

Vetsent
Jun 3, 2006, 01:39 AM
I need help on killing the Sil Dragon for my first time,he's kicking my @$$.

I'm a Level 75 RaCast with an Inferno Bazooka+9,an S-Beat's Blade+9,and a Storm Laser(of my notable weaponry.I lso have a 4-Slot Dragon Frame with a God Arm,an Elf Arm,and 2 Metal Bodies(without them I would die from Hidelt punches).I tried beating him 10+ times,and each time he either stomped me and froze me for him to finish up "the stomping out" or hit me with 4 IceBalls from the sky.

TheStoicOne
Jun 3, 2006, 01:48 AM
YOUR A RANGER! you don't have to charge him. Just when you enter his lair, move over to the right as soon as he lands, in order to avoid the freezing attack. Then shoot the HHEELL out of'em with your laser. Wjen he goes underground try your best to avoid his burrowy atack where it freezes you, and when he spends around the area in the circluar patter(underground) I don't really know exactly how to explain this, but when he is doing that attack get a good distance far from the side of the edge, and when he passes you run to the edge of the giant ring as soon as he passes you to avoid that freezing attack. Other than that the best advice I can give is either do some more Vhard til' atleast level 80+ or get some scape dolls out of the bank and tear'is'ass up

Xaos127
Jun 3, 2006, 01:59 AM
Use a Shot type weapon and keep your distance. Also no offence, but you have pretty below average equipment for that area in the game.

Vetsent
Jun 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
On 2006-06-02 23:59, Xaos127 wrote:
Use a Shot type weapon and keep your distance. Also no offence, but you have pretty below average equipment for that area in the game.

Offense slightly taken,becaues I have a Havoc Arms,and it does 0 damage no matter what I do.And I'm a Pinkal(for my little level 20 Fomar who is breezing through Normal and Hard).The most damage I can do to him is with my S-Beat's Blades' 100+damage and my Inferno Bazooka's 50-150+damage.My Storm Laser does a measly 10-30.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 3, 2006, 03:52 PM
What your MAG's stats?

Oriontheone2
Jun 3, 2006, 03:58 PM
There's a trick to avoid his burrowing attack. He moves in a circle (Inside out, or outside in; which ever) When he starts moing go to the place where he's not (inside or outside) then when he comes near you time it so you can run to the other side without him hitting you. Aside from that just keep you and our bananas as far away as possible. Oh, and don't turn you back to him when he's not underground.

Goodluck, cheers.

Vetsent
Jun 3, 2006, 07:58 PM
On 2006-06-03 13:52, GrumblyStuff wrote:
What your MAG's stats?

Well,I'd be embarassed to say because right now I'm working on it.I accidentally made it's mind go up a little:(.

meimeilee
Jun 3, 2006, 08:30 PM
hmm i was a lvl 70 force before i beat sil dragon how can u not your pathetic sorry and im a fomarl,so my mst isnt soo good(for a force),i just used foie over and over again but since your a racast your much stronger use flame visit

meimeilee
Jun 3, 2006, 08:32 PM
oh and get that pathetic dragon frame off!its only good for the light defences against dark falzs grants attack,soo get you a valiant frame,or since your a ranger,some guardian armor and celestial armor,i have found tons with 4 slots

TheStoicOne
Jun 3, 2006, 08:40 PM
We were trying to help him beat the dragon NOW, not keep him hunting stuff. ?Here is the thing Vetsent, just use theguns and stay as far away from the dragon as possible when he's walking around. And when he hits the ground pull out the melee weps. Rinse repeat probably three times. If that doesn't luck you out then my best advice woukd be to lvl up some more.

kratos12429
Jun 3, 2006, 10:59 PM
Ok here is what I do and it always works. Once the battle starts I charge for his feet and move a little to the right of them. He should start circling you. Then blast the heck out of his ankle untill he falls. Make sure your a reasonable distance away when he falls or you'll get hurt. Then start blasting his head. When he burrows he'll do 2 from side to side and he will turn at you. When he spirals just wait till he makes a spiral near you that barely misses and when he passes start running toward the outer edge. He'll come back up and then just do the beginning again. This should work. If not then just lvl up.

Vetsent
Jun 6, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-06-03 20:59, kratos12429 wrote:
Ok here is what I do and it always works. Once the battle starts I charge for his feet and move a little to the right of them. He should start circling you. Then blast the heck out of his ankle untill he falls. Make sure your a reasonable distance away when he falls or you'll get hurt. Then start blasting his head. When he burrows he'll do 2 from side to side and he will turn at you. When he spirals just wait till he makes a spiral near you that barely misses and when he passes start running toward the outer edge. He'll come back up and then just do the beginning again. This should work. If not then just lvl up.

Thanks.How about this,I go to the first mission at the guild and train with Kireek's help.Then I'll go where I'm just an inch away from being under the Sil Dragon's head and basically follow his movement until he stops.When he stops I'll S-Beat his @$$ until he stops breathing "ice-flames".While he is walking and far,I'll Storm Laser him.

Oh,and Meimelee,I can't find much of any higher frames or armors with at least 2 slots,so I don't see your point.Also,I can't get Flame Visit easily enough.I'll have to make another character get past this point in the game for that.

(EDIT)I just beat it using the above strategy.Once I got to the part where it burrows underground,dodging was extremely easy.I ended it with 7 Trimates and no Dimates out of the original 10 of each.That battle officially leveled me up to 77...

P.S.I beat it while watching an episode of Knight Rider with David Hasselhoff.I knew he had magical powers to make any man confident.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetsent on 2006-06-06 21:09 ]</font>