PDA

View Full Version : Why play this game?

Miroku77
Jun 3, 2006, 07:01 AM
This game sucks.

If you have any respect for MMORPGs,

come play EQ2, or at least WoW or lineage 2.

Charmander02
Jun 3, 2006, 07:51 AM
Then why are you a memeber here and have nearly 200 posts?

Sure it's a litlle out of date now, but it's still good.

So if you dont like it then we cant do anything about it, so go play WoW.

Mewn
Jun 3, 2006, 08:01 AM
We play it because it's fun, maybe?

And lol @ the irony of your mood when posting stuff like this :3

TheStoicOne
Jun 3, 2006, 10:29 AM
LOL!! Look at his sig!!

Neith
Jun 3, 2006, 10:33 AM
I've played Lineage II. It was boring. It was a grind. Looked pretty.

Lineage kept me going for about a month before I was bored sick. PSO's on 3 years and counting.

If all you post here for is to spam, do it somewhere else.

Tomoki
Jun 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
Everquest 2? Sorry, I'll keep my tan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dre_o
Jun 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
World of Warcraft? If I want to point and click to kill something, I'll go somewhere else.

EDIT: Tell Leeroy Jenkins I said hi, moron.

EDIT #2: The kid is probably on his friend's auto log on computer so he just felt like being an ass and causing trouble without any fear of back-lash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-06-03 10:04 ]</font>

Oriontheone2
Jun 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
You went through all of the trouble of making 200 posts just to quit? You need beat. Go talk about this somewhere else instead of taking up useful forum space.

TheyCallMeJoe
Jun 3, 2006, 07:01 PM
Lol...well your moood "must play PSO" and your sig don't really help your arguement.

This game sucks

Yes...very convincing.

Let's all countdown to see how long it takes for this pointless thread to be locked.

DonRoyale
Jun 3, 2006, 07:11 PM
EQ2=Phail

WoW=MEGAUBERPHAIL

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Look, we could care less about your opinions. If you want to leave PSO, fine.

Don't go and rant about how bad you think this game is. There's a whole different forum for that.

Mods, please, for the love of God, lock this. It's pointless.

Finno
Jun 3, 2006, 10:16 PM
[img][img]Pso rocks but it can get boring after a while[img]

EphekZ
Jun 3, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-06-03 09:53, Dre_o wrote:
EDIT #2: The kid is probably on his friend's auto log on computer so he just felt like being an ass and causing trouble without any fear of back-lash.

You sound the closest to the point of this thread.
and ok he has an opinion, who cares. leave him be, he has an opinoin, if you don't like it dont reply.

kratos12429
Jun 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
Good Idea.

Forte1224
Jun 3, 2006, 11:37 PM
On 2006-06-03 05:01, Miroku77 wrote:
This game sucks.

If you have any respect for MMORPGs,

come play EQ2, or at least WoW or lineage 2.

Haha. HAHAHA. JAJAJAJAA JA. Cough.

Okay then. If you have any respect for ANY VIDEO GAME, come play Metroid Hunters, or at least Mario Kart DS.

Not crap like WoW or EQ2 and lineage 2.

Like the way I restated it? I sure hope you do. IT was meant just for you. ;D

PJ
Jun 4, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-06-03 20:49, darkgunner wrote:
ok he has an opinion, who cares. leave him be, he has an opinoin, if you don't like it dont reply.

No. It's a PSO fansite. If you don't like PSO, don't post about how much it sucks, mmkay? That's just dumb. I don't look for Tales of Symphonia forums just to say how much I hate THAT game.

EphekZ
Jun 4, 2006, 12:20 AM
omg its a spam thread who cares. its not going to blow up PSOW now is it?

Oriontheone2
Jun 4, 2006, 12:43 AM
For the most part, no.

We all just want to defend that which we believe in, not that it matters if one out of a million hates the game.

metatime
Jun 4, 2006, 02:14 AM
Hes in a PSO clan too O.o lol

Oriontheone2
Jun 4, 2006, 02:16 AM
On 2006-06-04 00:14, metatime wrote:
Hes in a PSO clan too O.o lol

He just wants attention, like a small child, thats all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Charmander02
Jun 4, 2006, 08:29 AM
On 2006-06-03 09:53, Dre_o wrote:

Probably why he didn't reply to anything that we said.

BTW: Cool sig Darkgunner.

Oriontheone2
Jun 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
Probably why he didn't reply to anything that we said.

Or maybe we just scared him away...

dude3282
Jun 4, 2006, 08:03 PM
Why bash WoW? Its not like its gotten game of the year and PSO hasn't, or that it has the biggest following of all MMORPG's...oh wait it has...

HUcasealsRULE
Jun 4, 2006, 08:10 PM
I had PSO on my shelf for a whole year gathering dust. I got it in a batch of used games.

I played it for a bit, didn't seem to be much to it offline and I didn't think it was worth the effort to go online.

But for some reason I decided to play a little more... and a little more...

I can't explain it, but although this game initially appears pretty basic it is extremely addictive. I can't remember the last time I even played something else. And I'm still offline!

It's insane. Is there a PSO Anonoymous? lol.

cherry
Jun 4, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-06-03 22:09, PJ wrote:

ok he has an opinion, who cares. leave him be, he has an opinoin, if you don't like it dont reply.

No. It's a PSO fansite. If you don't like PSO, don't post about how much it sucks, mmkay? That's just dumb. I don't look for Tales of Symphonia forums just to say how much I hate THAT game.

Quoted for truth i hae that game sooooo much

Kyuu
Jun 5, 2006, 04:21 AM
On 2006-06-04 18:03, dude3282 wrote:
Why bash WoW? Its not like its gotten game of the year and PSO hasn't, or that it has the biggest following of all MMORPG's...oh wait it has...

Didn't PSO get game of the year when it came out? Coulda sworn it did, though it's been long enough I can't remember.

Anyways, pointing out a game's popularity as indicicating it's quality is, as always, a fallicious argument. I've known quite a number of popular people who were a complete waste of life. Honestly, WoW is a fun game, up until you hit the level cap. Then it's just a boring grind-fest just like EQ and all the other EQ clones.

You could argue PSO is just a grind-fest, but it's a fun grind-fest, IMO. WoW's combat makes me want to jam a pencil in my eye after a while.

Some people will like some things, some people will like other things, and some people are intent on liking nothing because they think it makes them cool. Whatever. If you don't like people who don't like the exact same things you don't like, go and live by yourself in the middle of nowhere. You don't have to deal with us, we don't have to deal with you, everyone wins.

whiteninja
Jun 5, 2006, 02:42 PM
Since I started PSO, I have played:

- Metriod Prime 2 - for less than 7 hours... then I went back to PSO.
- PSO EP3 XTR3M3 K4RDZ - Does that count as "not PSO"? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - I beat it in like 3 days, then went back to PSO.

So...... o.o
Yeah, I'm hooked. This game is by far the most playable game I have ever played.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-06-05 12:43 ]</font>

Delfi
Jun 5, 2006, 02:59 PM
Me too whiteninja but at the moment ive completely lost my passion to actually play it anymore lol, or at least to play it online but funny enough i still like playin offline.

MorningComet
Jun 5, 2006, 06:57 PM
On 2006-06-04 18:16, cherry wrote:

On 2006-06-03 22:09, PJ wrote:

Quoted for truth i hae that game sooooo much

Awwwww man I love Tales of Symphonia. But I'm not gonna flame you just because you have an opinion. The thing that my friends and I noticed about PSO is that it's incredibly boring to watch but extremely addictive to play. It's probably because the game is so basic that it's addictive. I know it sounds weird...

DroolinBuddie
Jun 9, 2006, 01:24 AM
lmfao, i kno this post is old but ummm , im jus browsin through stuff =P, anyways i play this cause.......one u stop playin for awhile.....for sum reason it jus sucks u back in o_o""......scary haha, and its by far da longest game i hav ever played, (going through all da stuff and gettin new items, difficulties, etc.....) unlike other games.......other games jus plain short -_- i love pso u never kno what u might get next...

xxTrystanxx
Jun 12, 2006, 10:23 PM
I go through periods of complete obsession, where I spend almost, uh, EVERY WAKING MOMENT playing this game... and then there are periods of time where I have to get away and play something else. I recently started playing Conquer Online. Not bad, except for the rampant PKing.

meh. I like PSO. It's fun, it's easy to play, and the community's a heck of a lot nicer than most MMORPGs.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2006, 10:55 PM
meh PSO is better than Runescape or Tales of Symphonia(although i like em both!)but i don't see why this happened.......maybe someone logged in his account and false posted or something?

kevlar_pso
Jun 15, 2006, 03:19 PM
I play because of my friends list on the Xbox version. Now that I have to rely on my import games store to play PSO online. . . . I don't play it much @all. The biggest reason I played when I had high speed internet was to be available for Challenge Mode. I love me some C mode. Oh, by the way, I may not play PSO that much anymore, but it far from sux.

blace
Jun 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
I have a lot of unbeaten games for the PS2 but when I try to play them I just stop and play PSO whether I'm stuck in Final Fantasy or in a boss battle in .hack.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 15, 2006, 03:54 PM
Why eat oranges instead of apples?

Because you can.

Like it matters in the end anyway.

Its just a timesink/hobby/depression reliever, not a necessary evil.

BR0M
Jun 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
someone said it correctly...this guy probably has a friend over who is mad because PSO replaced him and is now dissing it on his friends computer... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BlackDarkFalz
Jun 16, 2006, 06:10 AM
Two things
1) RUNESCAPE SUCKS Nitro_Vordex, I only played it once because my friend said there was an evil hacker who destroyed computers!!!
2) Someone said something was wrong with 'click to kill' games, but this is not apperant for all of them! For example Diablo, which is pretty much the same as PSO, in most ways!!! ( but PSO is better)

Leviathan
Jun 16, 2006, 05:35 PM
I think this thread is... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

jkrox4eva
Jun 16, 2006, 06:13 PM
well i think this game rocks