PDA

View Full Version : Yasminkov 9000M or Red Mechguns? You decide.

BeeYee
Jun 3, 2006, 10:43 PM
Which should I use? I have Red Mechguns (after weeks of searching) but I think I might go and look for a Yasminkov 9000M.

DonRoyale
Jun 3, 2006, 11:00 PM
Stepping in before you get stepped on by Grumbly...

Use both. If you HAVE to use one, test both and choose your preference.

I've had much more pleasant experiences with 9000M, but it's honestly your choice.

GrumblyStuff
Jun 3, 2006, 11:14 PM
@SereneShadows: Oh, shut up. I'll bitch about stupid weapon comparisons but comparing a mechgun to a *GASP* mechgun?! OH NOES WATCH OUT WORLD

@BeeYee: The 9000M has a huge advantage of rifle range. It works best with a Frozen Shooter or against enemies that can't get pushed around by hard shots as it tends to miss at long ranges. Red Mechguns are probably easier to find, do more damage (Red Mechs do 110 fully ground vs 60-100 for the 9000M), and has a special (though the use of Unreduced Havoc on a mechgun is a bit questionable). I've been using the 9000M but that's only really because I haven't found a Red Mechgun with hit% so I'll stick with the one that has better range and better ATA even if by only one point.

PJ
Jun 4, 2006, 12:15 AM
I'll take the one that does more damage. 1 point of ATA won't make the difference, and it's a bajillion times easier to find.

Oriontheone2
Jun 4, 2006, 12:21 AM
Also, Yasminkov 9000M sounds cooler than an easter egg colored Mechgun

whiteninja
Jun 4, 2006, 12:44 AM
I hunted a Red Mechgun.

Then I used that to help me hunt a 9000M. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(That was way over a year ago.)

Delfi
Jun 4, 2006, 05:29 AM
get 1 of each and decide which you prefer to use - but my ranger wont leave p2 without her yas9000M thats for sure:)

Hrith
Jun 4, 2006, 05:40 AM
Red Mechgun, without an instant of hesitation.

Feelmirath
Jun 4, 2006, 06:23 AM
The Yasminkov's only redeeming feature is rifle range. It hasn't got a special. It's a lot weaker than red mechs. And it only has 2 more ata. Not only that, but one of the most annoying gun sounds EBAR http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Red mechs have confusion (which actually hits, o:), more powerful, and much better looking imo. I vote them.

Neith
Jun 4, 2006, 07:34 AM
Red Mechgun, easily.

The only redeeming quality of the Yas9KM is it's long range (which even that glitches up- the targeter sometimes displays a target when it's out of range).

Other than that:
- Yas has no special attack.
- Yas has less ATP.
- Yas only grinds to +10
- Totally opinionated these two, but it looks ugly.
- It sounds horrible.

I don't know, I spent ages trying to get hold of a Yas 9KM on Blue Burst. Eventually got one, and detested it so much that I traded it for some....

Red Mechguns!

I just find the Red Mechs to be so much more useful, you don't really need rifle range on mechs anywhere. You can damage-lock Zu with a Handgun. You generally use mechs at quite close range anyway. In Tower (unless you're soloing), you shouldn't really use mechs on the critters- damage cancel will annoy any HU's in the team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Obviously, which gun you use is your choice, but I'd take the Red Mechs anytime now.

hyperacute
Jun 4, 2006, 07:37 AM
Red Mechguns look cooler, do more damage, sound nicer, have a special and are easier to come by. My RAcaseal on BB has had the same pair since Ult was released (admittedly, I don't use mechs of any sort now but that would be going off topic) and I've never felt the slightest urge to replace them.

Yas9k has the rifle range but I've yet to find a single use for this apart from damage cancelling other players in Towers. If you like rifle range, get a rifle...XD

Charmander02
Jun 4, 2006, 08:36 AM
Whichever you want to use they both are pretty good.

Better that the Combats i use, though they do have 0/0/25/20/25

TheStoicOne
Jun 4, 2006, 09:26 AM
LOL!! Uriko I TOTALLY FREAKIN' AGREE!! They are BUTT ugly to me! The Red Mechs look way better. And performance wise they get my vote too. If you want a yas get a rifle, thats the only time I'll pick it "I WUV MY YAS 7!!!!!!!!!!!"

whiteninja
Jun 4, 2006, 11:14 AM
1) Yasminkov 9000M looks bloody awesome, IMO.
2) Yasminkov 9000M has an awesome sound, IMO.
3) The slightly lower Yasminkov 9000M ATP is negligible.
4) The Yasminkov 9000M range is helpful in some conditions, even if it does not always hit at the max range.
5) The Yasminkov 9000M is part of a set of 4 weapons. Getting all 4 is just uber. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
Jun 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
Yas 9KM max ATP (when fully ground): 100
Red Mechgun max ATP (when fully ground): 110

Sure, 10ATP is virtually unnoticable, but in my opinion, the special attack/higher ATP/easier drop of the Red Mechs makes it superior- though I wouldn't use either in team games.

PJ
Jun 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
Don't forget the variable ATP! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, Yas's variable ATP is awful.

BeeYee
Jun 4, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-06-04 09:22, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yas 9KM max ATP (when fully ground): 100
Red Mechgun max ATP (when fully ground): 110

Sure, 10ATP is virtually unnoticable, but in my opinion, the special attack/higher ATP/easier drop of the Red Mechs makes it superior- though I wouldn't use either in team games.

That last bit is true for me also, the only weapon I use in teams is the special attack of the Spread Needle 0/30/25/30.
Thank you all for your posts, but I think I will be sticking with my Red Mechguns just because I love them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BeeYee on 2006-06-04 10:12 ]</font>

whiteninja
Jun 4, 2006, 02:32 PM
On 2006-06-04 09:36, PJ wrote:
Seriously, Yas's variable ATP is awful.
60-100 ATP when ground. 80 average.
Now, let's make the horribly awful assumption that all Rangers are Ramarls with lv20 Shifta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
60-114 ATP. 87 average.

Not that bad.

Mewn
Jun 4, 2006, 02:35 PM
Red Mechs win, because, dismissing subjective concerns (It's ugly! It hurts my ears! etc) Yas9k's only advantage is rifle range, and a Rifle (Or Heaven Striker) is just as good really.

Rifle range on mechs is handy to have, but you don't really need it, at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stormspear on 2006-06-04 15:18 ]</font>

whiteninja
Jun 4, 2006, 10:44 PM
On 2006-06-04 12:35, Stormspear wrote:
(Or Heaven Striker)
The original poster plays PSOGC, also that item is much more rare than either the Red Mechs or Yas 9000M. In that case, hunt a Guld Milla, it owns them both.

Neith
Jun 5, 2006, 07:16 AM
Actually, Heaven Striker is considerably less rare since the drops change on Blue Burst.

Guld Milla is nice, but not if the OP doesn't want to spent his remaining years hunting the parts to it.

BahnKnakyu
Jun 5, 2006, 08:05 PM
I'd say get both. I use both on my RAcast since it defeats the whole "WHICH ONE IS BETTER?!" argument (Chain Sawd vs. Red Sword anyone?). The rifle range DOES come in handy IMO (lets you be an actually RA by zoning yourself away from the Really Big Threats), but most of the time you'll be using the Reds as your primary mech.

Hrith
Jun 6, 2006, 12:06 AM
Unless you are weak like a RAmar, you do not need to "zone yourself away" as a Ranger, RAmarl and RAcaseal are better meleer than Hunters, not to mention good DFP + highest EVP and highest DFP + good EVP.

Mechgun at rifle range is useless, and the only place where the range is needed is Tower, and there, a rifle is much better than a terribly weak mechgun, as Uriko said.

metatime
Jun 6, 2006, 02:49 AM
I'll have to say Yas 9k, being able to do multiple damage from a great distance puts you in a great advantage. Especially in towers or against bosses (especially DF)

If I want power, I'll just whip out my 50hit charge vulcans and use that instead. Not only the requirements are lower but it is easier to find charge vulcs with hit and can be bought from a shop once you get a character to 151.

Zarbolord
Jun 6, 2006, 03:00 AM
Hunt it, get all the weapons you can, and compare them yourself. Hunt them all and see which is the best. I'd say it's more of a personal matter than general. It depends on how you train your Ranger too.

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 03:24 PM
If I wanted to go by just looks (and I tend to do that sometimes...) I like the Yasminkovs. I love the whole set http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
But when it comes down to it, the Red Mechs are the better gun.

Other folks keep pointing out that the Red Mechs have a Special attack as if someone was going to use that as the deciding factor for using them. Given how infrequently specials hit without having godly ATA or hit%, does this really matter? I don't think I've ever found the need to confuse enemies soloing with a fleshie, and if I'm playing a 'cast I have confuse traps.

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2006, 03:44 PM
If you like damage cancel and to annoy your other team members then by all means use the Yasminkov 9000M. If however you like a decent power for a mechgun paired with a useful special then use the Red Mechguns by all means. Neither is as good as S-Rank mechguns with a custom special, but out of the two the Red Mechguns are the least useless.

TheStoicOne
Jun 6, 2006, 03:58 PM
LOL! well until you shell out the hours to get the S-ranks I'm gonna have to agree with Norvekh and go with the RM's

xxTrystanxx
Jun 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
Quite frankly, earning an Episode 1 S-Rank isn't *that* difficult, that is, if you are able to go online.

BeeYee
Jun 6, 2006, 10:22 PM
This is a VERY close poll, but i think I will just stick to red mechguns only because, A. I just use a Yasminkov 3000R+60 for a rifle. And B. I dont wanna go through the trouble to get it. So thank you all for your posts

DarkCloud20
Jun 7, 2006, 11:32 PM
9000M have rifle range. RIFLE RANGE! i killed ultimte at lvl 80 online with them. suck on that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 9, 2006, 07:14 PM
And you're magically incapable of damage cancel or annoying your teammates with mechs that have normal mech range? >_>; Riiiight.

Red Mechs are fugly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif And since looks > All else in PSO, Samba Maracas win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TheStoicOne
Jun 9, 2006, 08:43 PM
LOL! RM's fugly??!!! Have you seen Y9k? They look like pink shoes!! That magically spit out peanuts!

Wait no! Let me correct myself. They look like pink mustard bottles that spit out peanuts!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-06-09 18:44 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 10, 2006, 03:05 AM
Er, have YOU seen Yas9kM? O_o; That shit ain't pink. Nor does it resemble mustard bottles. Da fuh?