PDA

View Full Version : Pinkal tech disks...?

Absol197
Jun 5, 2006, 11:45 AM
I know that on one of the forums it says that PINKALs don't find more disks than other sectionids, but my friends both have PINKALs, are lower level than me (by about twenty levels), and their Forces have techniques averaging three levels higher than mine! Also, when I had a PINKAL (before my data got corrupted), I seemed to find a ton more disks at higher levels than I usually do with other characters. Are you sure that PINKALs don't find better disks, because my experience is showing that they do.

Hrith
Jun 5, 2006, 11:56 AM
Experience in PSO is irrelevant.

http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/diskrates.html

Elek06
Jun 5, 2006, 12:57 PM
i think it does give higher LEVEL disks, but still the same amount of disks.

Rhelik
Jun 5, 2006, 01:16 PM
PINKAL finds higher level techs more often (better drop %) but all can potentiall find them. Ironically, I found a level 30 Deband on my SKYLY last night, but thats only the 4th level 30 I've ever found while my PINKAL friend has gotten about 10 in less time.

VioletSkye
Jun 5, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-06-05 10:57, Elek06 wrote:
i think it does give higher LEVEL disks, but still the same amount of disks.

Nope

On 2006-06-05 11:16, Rhelik wrote:
PINKAL finds higher level techs more often (better drop %) but all can potentiall find them. Ironically, I found a level 30 Deband on my SKYLY last night, but thats only the 4th level 30 I've ever found while my PINKAL friend has gotten about 10 in less time.

and another Nope.

Please don't post misinformation. Pinkal does NOT find higher level disks sooner, nor do you find more disks.

The info that Kef linked to, was taken straight from the actual game data on the GC PSO disk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-06-05 11:20 ]</font>

Rhelik
Jun 5, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well then i must have one lucky PINKAL friend then... >_>

Elek06
Jun 5, 2006, 02:22 PM
I guess I was wrong, aah, who cares.... oh well

On 2006-06-05 12:06, Rhelik wrote:
Well then i must have one lucky PINKAL friend then... >_>

Well then i must have one lucky PINKAL then... >_>

Ryna
Jun 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
It is just an old myth that Pinkals have better odds of finding tech disks in GC PSO and onwards. They have the same chances as anyone else at finding tech disks.

Tomoki
Jun 5, 2006, 09:41 PM
So basically Pinkal is the worst ID ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomoki on 2006-06-05 19:41 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jun 6, 2006, 03:08 AM
No it isn't, it's excellent for FOrces. You can also find nice rares that others can't, so don't start discussing things with such impact, we've already had too many quarrels over IDs.

Mewn
Jun 6, 2006, 04:19 AM
No, Pinkal is terrible for any class. It's exclusives are awful, for a start (Evil Curst springs to mind).

And name me one item worth having, FO or otherwise, that I cannot find nearly as easily on another, better ID.

I'll concede that Pinkal has the best drops for Agito '75 and Heavenly/Battle (the latter being BB only of course) but that's about it, really. I think that Pinkal should get increased disk droprates, if only to compensate for the terrible drops it gets.